(S21E07) Poor Wiccans, they're so misunderstood. And the three girls representing them weren't really representing Wicca so much as they were representing wayward teens looking for something to latch onto. That, and they probably think their own perceptions of Wicca make it out to be pretty "kewl."
Struggling for something to latch onto in a world that doesn't seem to understand you not only describes virtually every teenager in existence, but Lisa Simpson as well. A sweet intellect in a family of average to well-below-average intellects, Lisa has never fit in at home or at school. So, as long as she can be fairly certain that there's no actual witchcraft going on -- because that would be too scary -- she's in.
On February 6 at 9 p.m., the National Geographic Channel will air Moonshine, a one-hour documentary about the history of moonshine and how the outlawed liquor led to one of the most popular sports franchises of all time, NASCAR.
The special will feature the last interview ever conducted with racing legend and NASCAR announcer Benny Parsons, who passed away last month. Also featured in the documentary is Junior Johnson, who almost faced jail time for transporting moonshine when he was younger.
When prohibition struck in the '20s, skilled drivers were recruited to transport moonshine, a corn-based concoction introduced to the South by Scots-Irish immigrants. What was once a way to evade the law soon evolved into the sport of stock car racing, and later into the phenomenon known as NASCAR. Let that be a lesson to anyone currently breaking the law: your unlawful exploits just might be the next big thing in sports.
You can watch a preview clip of Moonshine here.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'The Gift'
- 'RHOBH' Star Kim Richards Leaves Rehab for Daughter's Wedding
- Britt Nilsson Still Dating 'Bachelorette' Suitor Brady Toops?
- 'RHOC' Star Vicki Gunvalson: 'I Don't Want to Look Like a Plastic Barbie Doll'
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Cersei Gets What She Deserves
- More From BuddyTV
- Once's Merlin, Empire's Own Iggy, Arrow's Darhk Foe and 26 More Homes for Stars of Cancelled Shows
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- Anne Meara, Actress/Comedian and Half of Stiller & Meara, Dead at 85
- Quotes of the Week From The Flash, Late Show, Game of Thrones and More
- Sharon Osbourne on Hiatus from CBS' The Talk Due to 'Extreme Exhaustion'
- More From TVLine