(S21E07) Poor Wiccans, they're so misunderstood. And the three girls representing them weren't really representing Wicca so much as they were representing wayward teens looking for something to latch onto. That, and they probably think their own perceptions of Wicca make it out to be pretty "kewl."
Struggling for something to latch onto in a world that doesn't seem to understand you not only describes virtually every teenager in existence, but Lisa Simpson as well. A sweet intellect in a family of average to well-below-average intellects, Lisa has never fit in at home or at school. So, as long as she can be fairly certain that there's no actual witchcraft going on -- because that would be too scary -- she's in.
On February 6 at 9 p.m., the National Geographic Channel will air Moonshine, a one-hour documentary about the history of moonshine and how the outlawed liquor led to one of the most popular sports franchises of all time, NASCAR.
The special will feature the last interview ever conducted with racing legend and NASCAR announcer Benny Parsons, who passed away last month. Also featured in the documentary is Junior Johnson, who almost faced jail time for transporting moonshine when he was younger.
When prohibition struck in the '20s, skilled drivers were recruited to transport moonshine, a corn-based concoction introduced to the South by Scots-Irish immigrants. What was once a way to evade the law soon evolved into the sport of stock car racing, and later into the phenomenon known as NASCAR. Let that be a lesson to anyone currently breaking the law: your unlawful exploits just might be the next big thing in sports.
You can watch a preview clip of Moonshine here.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Tim McGraw's Superstar Summer Night' heats up CBS
- With help from Bon Jovi and Tom Selleck, 'North America' goes wild for Discovery
- 'Saturday Night Live' video: Watch Stefon's farewell, Kanye West's new singles and more
- 'Doctor Who' finale Season 7 episode 13 review: 'Name of the Doctor' is a smashing finish
- 'Saturday Night Live' season finale: Ben Affleck and Kanye West win an otherwise forgettable 'SNL'
- More From Zap2it
- BBC Renews Doctor Who for Season 8
- Hot for Summer! Your Guide to 124 Upcoming Premiere and Finale Dates
- Ben Affleck Hosts Saturday Night Live: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Finale Ratings: Versus 2012, Shark Tank Surges, Nikita Is Steady and Undercover Boss Drops
- What to Watch this Weekend: The Simpsons and 4 Other Finales, a Mad Man's Surprise and More
- More From TVLine