Bones - Thursday November 17, 9PM ET/PT, Global/Fox
I do enjoy it when 'Bones' decides to have a little bit of fun with their murder scenes. This week, they find their victim shrink-wrapped with a Prince Charming doll. Turns out, the woman worked for a toy company headed by guest Morgan Fairchild, who always adds a dash of creepy camp when she turns up. Meanwhile Sweets prepares for his gun certification, despite the fact that Booth still objects to him carrying a weapon.
'Parks and Recreation' Finds Ron Swanson's Mom, Morgan Fairchild Returns to Primetime & More Casting News
According to TV Guide, Pell, who plays Paula Hornberger on '30 Rock,' will appear as Tammy Zero early in Season 4.
Patricia Clarkson will appear in Season 4 as Tammy 1, Ron's first ex-wife. Megan Mullally, Offerman's real-life wife, has made several appearances as Tammy 2, Ron's second ex-wife named Tammy.
Can Pawnee handle three different Tammys? We'll see on Sept. 22 when 'Parks and Recreation' returns to NBC.
In other casting news ...
The CNN Headline News host was sued for $15 million for "not honoring an agreement to have her long-term associate, Patricia Caruso, act as executive producer of her new syndicated show 'Swift Justice,'" according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Caruso alleges that she and Grace discussed a potential new show over a lunch meeting in 2008, which then turned into 'Swift Justice.' They supposedly had a verbal agreement to work together.
In other TV news ...
• Sing 'Hallelujah,' because 'Lost' vet Terry O'Quinn is returning to TV. Well, at least if his new ABC pilot gets picked up. The former John Locke will play the main villain in Marc Cherry's hourlong drama about good and evil forces in a small Southern town. [TV Line]
• The Parents Television Council is at it again, this time targeting the ABC pilot 'Good Christian Bitches.' The organization slammed the show as an "affront to women" and denigrating the "world's largest faith." [Deadline]
• Singer Ciara is picking up some pom poms for a guest spot on The CW's 'Hellcats.' The singer tweeted that she's in Vancouver filming for the show. No word on what kind of character she'll be playing, or if she's appearing as herself. [Perez Hilton]
Ann-Margret will appear in the same episode. TV Guide says that she'll play a woman who starred in commercials in the 1970s who gets involved in the case that Stabler and Benson are working on. Smith will play a detective involved in the same case. And if that's not enough beautiful TV women for you, what if we add Susan Anton and Morgan Fairchild to the mix? This episode is shaping up to be more 'Diagnosis: Murder' or 'Murder She Wrote' than 'Law & Order: SVU,' but it sounds like fun.
Well, I don't know if any episode of any 'Law & Order' show can be described as "fun," but this sounds like it could come close.
(S05E19) "Namaste home at night and play with that thing, oh yeah!" - Nurse Linda
I clearly don't have the same set of skills as Manny Skerritt or else I wouldn't own a TV and would therefore have never seen this episode of Nip/Tuck. As this week's patient-du-jour, Manny "I've got a Tyrannosaurus prick" Skerritt reminded me of how funny this show can actually be. The guy that got breast implants in season two comes to mind. However, if there's one lesson to learn from Manny's "addiction," it's that just because it feels good doesn't make it right.
(S02E09) This season we've met Sarah's high school nemesis, who turned out to be a rogue spy, Chuck's ex-girlfriend, who turned out to be a rogue spy, and we had a return of Bryce, who was a spy from an opposing agency. This week, we met John Casey's former sensei, who is now a rogue spy. This brings me to a few conclusions...
First, the CIA really has a horrible retention program for its employees (most likely due to the pudding cups being eliminated from the cafeteria). Second, other than Chuck, his immediate family, and the employees at Buy More, everyone else is a rogue agent. Therefore, this little trio of agents will be eliminating the bad seeds from California for the next 22 seasons. Well, at least there's the job security.
With Battlestar ending, and Bionic Woman ended, the lovely and talented Ms. Sackhoff could use a new gig. Why not Nip/Tuck? Sackhoff is set to join the FX series for a four episode arc as Dr. Theodora "Teddy" Lowe. She's said to present a challenge for Sean (Dylan Walsh).
But wait, there's more. What's better than Katee Sackhoff on Nip/Tuck? How about some Morgan Fairchild? She will be appearing for one episode as a movie star. I suppose we could debate which is actually better, but for me, there is just something about Morgan Fairchild. Whichever you prefer, both are nice additions for the show. Read on past the jump for more casting notes from Caprica, Warehouse 13, and that crazy sounding House spin-off idea.
Does anybody watch the telenovelas on MyNetwork? I hear the promos for them all the time on the radio and they sound so terrible... and not good terrible but just terrible terrible.
But if just hearing Summer isn't enough for you, tonight you can see her too. She stars in The Initiation Of Sarah, which is part of ABC Family's "13 Nights Of Halloween." It looks to be another of the network's cheesy, but fun, movies. Sisters Sarah (Mika Boorem) and Lyndsey (Summer Glau) are starting their first year of college. While pledging sororities they manage to get pulled into a battle of good vs. evil. The cast also includes Morgan Fairchild, Jennifer Tilly, Joanne Garcia (Reba), and Tessa Thompson (Veronica Mars). If you like that ABC Family style, it should be worth a look.
[ via whedonesque ]
Those programs are Desire and Fashion House. Modeled after the popular telenovelas, each show will run five days a week, Monday through Friday, with a recap on Saturday. Rather than the endless run that normal American soap operas have, the myNetworkTV shows are each planned to run 65 episodes. As they come crashing to what promises to be a hectic conclusion after 13 weeks, two new shows will debut to run for the next 13.
Desire kicks off the night at 8PM. It is the story of brothers Louis and Alex Thomas. On the run from the mob, they make their way to Los Angeles. There, they both fall for the same woman and complications ensue as they deal with that and the mob gets ever closer. Desire is adapted from 2004's Mesa Para Tres (Table For Three).
- On the cover: the new football season upon us, and that means lots of TV coverage.
- What has Numb3rs star David Krumholtz been up to on summer hiatus?
- The magazine celebrates the 40th Anniversary of Star Trek, with a piece on William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy, and info about the restoration coming to the episodes.
- In the print edition: a preview of the new season of Nip/Tuck; a look at the controversial new season of Survivor: Cook Islands; Bo Derek and Morgan Fairchild are back in a new soap; and a Q and A with Desperate Housewives star Richard Burgi, who reveals what could be a spoiler about the new season.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.9 Photos: Storybrooke Prepares for the Snow Queen's Curse
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Girls, Girls, Girls'
- 'Bones' 200th Episode Photos: The Gang Goes to the 1950s
- 'Bones' Episode 10.9 Photos: Does Brennan Have a Problem with Aubrey?
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- More From BuddyTV
- Flash Scoop: The Voice of Gideon Is...
- Arrow Scoop: Sin Returns for 'Pivotal' Role in Sara Murder Mystery
- The Originals Photos: See Klaus' Adorable Reunion With Baby Hope
- TVLine Items: Game of Thrones Season 5 Teaser, Netflix Nabs Coven and More
- Sneak Peek: Jessie Holidays With Teen Beach Star, Liv and Maddie's Bros
- More From TVLine
- Jennifer Lawrence and Her Gal Pals Recreate 'Vanderpump Rules' Intro
- Blake Shelton and Adam Levine Confess What's Really in 'The Voice' Cups: Crack, Coffee & Vodka!
- A Very Single Chris Pine Serenades One of His Biggest Fans with Frank Sinatra
- This Dog Walking on a Treadmill Looks Like an Adorable Real-Life Teddy Bear
- Bette Midler and Ariana Grande Settle Their Diva Feud in the Best Way
- More From ET