If it weren't for public service announcements, kids everywhere would be drinking Liquid Plumber and throwing themselves in front of trains.
You know what I mean: those PSAs you watched as a kid told you how to be safe, avoid abduction, deal with bullies, eat the right foods, and seventeen ways to kill a man with a paper clip. I'd say, in most respects, TV raised you better than your parents ever could.
Anyway, here's a few old PSAs. Two come from Concerned Children's Advertisers in Canada, the last one from the American Lung Association.
(S11E02) I think the basic idea behind this episode is summed up by the "straight" priest at Camp New Grace when he informs the "confused" residents of the camp that they are like paper clips, and that like paper clips, God wants them to be straight, nevermind the fact that they were created "not straight" to begin with. At the end of the episode, Butters also sums it up nicely when he says, "I wasn't confused until everyone started telling me I was."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Season 19: Estrogen Mayhem and a Pregnancy Test
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- More From BuddyTV
- Real World's Ryan Knight Dead at 29
- Macy's Thanksgiving Parade 2014: The Rockettes Goof, Scary Newbies & More
- Ratings: Survivor, Hell's Kitchen and Red Band Slip; Charlie Brown Surges
- TVLine Readers Give Thanks for Castle, HTGAWM, Doctor Who, Mindy, NCIS, Freak Show, Once and More!
- Red Band Society's First Season Ending After 13 Episodes; Season 2 Unlikely
- More From TVLine
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- 14 Foolproof Tips For Conquering America's Favorite Holiday: Black Friday
- Chris Rock on Tracy Morgan's Recovery and How ET's Nischelle Turner Inspired 'Top Five'
- More From ET