If it weren't for public service announcements, kids everywhere would be drinking Liquid Plumber and throwing themselves in front of trains.
You know what I mean: those PSAs you watched as a kid told you how to be safe, avoid abduction, deal with bullies, eat the right foods, and seventeen ways to kill a man with a paper clip. I'd say, in most respects, TV raised you better than your parents ever could.
Anyway, here's a few old PSAs. Two come from Concerned Children's Advertisers in Canada, the last one from the American Lung Association.
(S11E02) I think the basic idea behind this episode is summed up by the "straight" priest at Camp New Grace when he informs the "confused" residents of the camp that they are like paper clips, and that like paper clips, God wants them to be straight, nevermind the fact that they were created "not straight" to begin with. At the end of the episode, Butters also sums it up nicely when he says, "I wasn't confused until everyone started telling me I was."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Good Wife' Mid-Season Finale Recap: Does Cary Take the Plea Deal?
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Rick Prepares to Make a Trade
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: The Apollo-gy Aftermath
- 'Constantine' Recap: John and Papa Midnite Join Forces
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Which Guy's Got Moves Like Elvis?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ariana Grande Stuns the AMAs With Jazzy (Partly) Acoustic Performance
- American Music Awards 2014: The Complete Winners List
- Taylor Swift and Kelly Osbourne Help Sarah Hyland Ring in Her 24th Year
- Selena Gomez Shares a Behind-the-Scenes Moment Before the 2014 AMAs
- Katy Perry Starts a Feud with Australian Paparazzi on Twitter
- More From ET