If it weren't for public service announcements, kids everywhere would be drinking Liquid Plumber and throwing themselves in front of trains.
You know what I mean: those PSAs you watched as a kid told you how to be safe, avoid abduction, deal with bullies, eat the right foods, and seventeen ways to kill a man with a paper clip. I'd say, in most respects, TV raised you better than your parents ever could.
Anyway, here's a few old PSAs. Two come from Concerned Children's Advertisers in Canada, the last one from the American Lung Association.
(S11E02) I think the basic idea behind this episode is summed up by the "straight" priest at Camp New Grace when he informs the "confused" residents of the camp that they are like paper clips, and that like paper clips, God wants them to be straight, nevermind the fact that they were created "not straight" to begin with. At the end of the episode, Butters also sums it up nicely when he says, "I wasn't confused until everyone started telling me I was."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Seth Meyers Hosting 2014 Emmy Awards
- Did ABC's Black Box Get Inside Your Head?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Before and Aftershocks — Plus Your First Look at Burke's Return
- CBS' Bad Teacher: Did It Pass or Fail?
- American Idol Top 6 Results Recap: Maybe I Didn't Vote for You, Quite as Often as I Should Have
- More From TVLine
- Aaron Carter Opens Up About Addiction Struggle
- Justin Bieber Released from Customs (VIDEO)
- Hang Ten with Hollywood's Best Surf Films
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- More From ET