If it weren't for public service announcements, kids everywhere would be drinking Liquid Plumber and throwing themselves in front of trains.
You know what I mean: those PSAs you watched as a kid told you how to be safe, avoid abduction, deal with bullies, eat the right foods, and seventeen ways to kill a man with a paper clip. I'd say, in most respects, TV raised you better than your parents ever could.
Anyway, here's a few old PSAs. Two come from Concerned Children's Advertisers in Canada, the last one from the American Lung Association.
(S11E02) I think the basic idea behind this episode is summed up by the "straight" priest at Camp New Grace when he informs the "confused" residents of the camp that they are like paper clips, and that like paper clips, God wants them to be straight, nevermind the fact that they were created "not straight" to begin with. At the end of the episode, Butters also sums it up nicely when he says, "I wasn't confused until everyone started telling me I was."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Orange Is the New Black Season 2 Trailer: Feisty Piper Growls 'Don't Make Me Rip Your Throat Out'
- Orphan Black Preview: Season 2 Brings 'Character Shocks' and … a Traitorous Felix?
- What to Watch Thursday: Scandal and 3 Other Finales, Vikings Set Sail, Parks and Rec and More
- Idol Exclusive: Top 6 Week Theme Revealed!
- American Idol Top 7 Performance Recap: Filler Queen [Updated]
- More From TVLine
- Neil Patrick Harris: I Got 'Jared Leto Manorexic' for My New Role
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Is Getting a Sequel!
- Zooey Gives Us an Up-Close Look at Her New Tommy Hilfiger Line
- John C. Reilly Takes You Behind The Scenes Of Disney's 'Bears'
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Abusing Teen Boy
- More From ET