Mr. Peabody and Sherman was one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid. I even have stuffed animals of the two characters somewhere in my apartment. But I still greet this news with more than a little aprehension.
Rob Minkoff, the director who did The Lion King and Stuart Little, is going to direct a big screen version of the cartoon. But the above article doesn't say whether or not its going to be animated or live action. I would assume live action, the way they do big screen versions of all old cartoons nowadays (The Flintstones), probably a mix of live action and animation (Stuart Little, Scooby-Doo).
All I ask is that they don't screw it up. Then again, maybe the fact that they're even considering doing a big screen version of the show has already ruined it.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Revenge's Karine Vanasse Lays Out Margaux's Plan to Destroy Emily
- Blake Shelton Hosts SNL: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Joe Franklin, Television Talk Show Pioneer, Dead at 88
- Performer of the Week: Allison Janney
- Ratings: Constantine and Dixie Tick Up, Glee Flat, Shark Tank Rerun Tops Night
- More From TVLine
- Surprise! Rihanna Drops New Song With Kanye West and Paul McCartney
- This Wrong 'Wheel of Fortune' Answer Kept Getting Repeated and Repeated
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Lindsay Lohan Credits Her Calvin Kleins for Helping Fight Off Rare Virus
- Blake Shelton Is Giving Away His Music For Free
- More From ET