Mr. Peabody and Sherman was one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid. I even have stuffed animals of the two characters somewhere in my apartment. But I still greet this news with more than a little aprehension.
Rob Minkoff, the director who did The Lion King and Stuart Little, is going to direct a big screen version of the cartoon. But the above article doesn't say whether or not its going to be animated or live action. I would assume live action, the way they do big screen versions of all old cartoons nowadays (The Flintstones), probably a mix of live action and animation (Stuart Little, Scooby-Doo).
All I ask is that they don't screw it up. Then again, maybe the fact that they're even considering doing a big screen version of the show has already ruined it.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'HitRECord on TV' gets a trailer unlike any show you've seen before
- 'Sleepy Hollow' gets two-hour season 1 finale on Jan. 20
- 'Low Winter Sun' canceled by AMC after one season
- 'Holidaze's' Jennie Garth: 'I've done a couple that weren't so good'
- Nick Lachey on the feel-good 'Sing-Off' and Season 3 winners Pentatonix
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot News: Bunheads' Sutton Foster to Fudge the Numbers in TV Land Comedy Younger
- Exclusive First Look: Episodes Season 3 Promo Highlights Sean's Very Best Catch-Faces
- Scoop: Fox Cuts Dads Episode Order
- Low Winter Sun Sets at AMC, Low-Rated Drama Cancelled After One Season
- The Voice: 25 Song Suggestions to Make the Season 5 Semifinals Surprising (and Delightful)
- More From TVLine