Mr. Peabody and Sherman was one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid. I even have stuffed animals of the two characters somewhere in my apartment. But I still greet this news with more than a little aprehension.
Rob Minkoff, the director who did The Lion King and Stuart Little, is going to direct a big screen version of the cartoon. But the above article doesn't say whether or not its going to be animated or live action. I would assume live action, the way they do big screen versions of all old cartoons nowadays (The Flintstones), probably a mix of live action and animation (Stuart Little, Scooby-Doo).
All I ask is that they don't screw it up. Then again, maybe the fact that they're even considering doing a big screen version of the show has already ruined it.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Colbert Report's Final Episode: Murder, Santa Claus and So. Many. Celebrities.
- Post Mortem: Covert Affairs EPs on Annie's Big Choices, Auggie's News — Plus: Will There Be a Season 6?
- Post Mortem: White Collar Boss on Neal's Last Con, Alternate Ending
- Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title
- Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder to Direct Season 6 Episode
- More From TVLine
- Kate Upton Named People's Sexiest Woman Alive
- Sony Hacking Scandal: Did Hollywood Cave In?
- Craig Ferguson Passes 'The Late Late Show' Torch to James Corden
- Gloria Estefan Dreams of Performing in a Free Cuba, Can She Go Home?
- 'American Horror Story': Neil Patrick Harris Arrives at the Freak Show
- More From ET