Mr. Peabody and Sherman was one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid. I even have stuffed animals of the two characters somewhere in my apartment. But I still greet this news with more than a little aprehension.
Rob Minkoff, the director who did The Lion King and Stuart Little, is going to direct a big screen version of the cartoon. But the above article doesn't say whether or not its going to be animated or live action. I would assume live action, the way they do big screen versions of all old cartoons nowadays (The Flintstones), probably a mix of live action and animation (Stuart Little, Scooby-Doo).
All I ask is that they don't screw it up. Then again, maybe the fact that they're even considering doing a big screen version of the show has already ruined it.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Performer of the Week: Missy Peregrym
- Chicago Fire Season 4: Casey Has Gone Missing! — What Happens Next?
- A.D. The Bible Continues Cancelled
- Is Detective Truly a Snooze? Is UnReal Couple 'Shippable? LOLcats on Zoo? Dreadful Heartbreak? And More TV Qs
- Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops
- More From TVLine
- Stars Are Seeing Red, White & Blue While Celebrating the Fourth of July
- Kelly Rutherford Reunites With Her Children in New York City
- One Direction's Liam Payne Gets Gets Up Close and Personal with Dinos at Universal Orlando
- Star Sightings July 2015
- David Beckham Celebrates Wedding Anniversary to Victoria Beckham With Throwback Pic
- More From ET