Cartman: You can just hang around outside all day tossing a ball around, or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters.
I think I can say with almost absolute certainty that South Park is the first television show in history where a character actually uses the word "pwnage." Since I'm online doing this here blogging thing all the time I caught that particular phrase, though there was a lot in this show I didn't understand, since I've neither seen nor played Warcraft before. The episode gently mocked those who do nothing but play Warcraft, but at the same time, it made it clear what an awesome game it is. It was funny to watch everyone become so immersed in the game they begin to think of it as real life, but it did make me think back to my younger days when a particularly difficult Nintendo game would cause me to throw my controller across the room in anger. I guess we're all susceptible to the allure of these games. Well, not all of us, but those of us with nerdly tendencies. Truth be told, I think that, like Butters, Hello Kitty Island Adventure is more up my alley.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Christina Aguilera's Team
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.13 Photos: Regina and Henry Seek Pinocchio's Help
- Meet the Cast of the CW's 'iZombie'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Mid-Season Premiere Recap: Unveiling the Inhumans
- More From BuddyTV
- The Voice Recap: Suspense & Disbelief
- Mindy Project Recap: A Nut, Busted
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spring Premiere Recap: Oh, the Inhumanity!
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: I Must Confess
- Reality Check: Agony and Ecstasy of American Idol's Top 24! Plus: Should Voice Singers Show Their Tax Returns?
- More From TVLine