Welcome to TV Squad Lists, a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
Ever since the early days, pets have been a staple of many TV shows. Whether they are the star of the show like Cleo from The Peoples Choice or unforgettable supporting pets like Eddie from Frasier, these pets are often the best remembered part of any TV show.
Here is my own personal list of favorite pets. Before you start, I excluded Arnold Ziffel because the Ziffel family insisted he was their son not a pet. Feel free to add your own favorites.
1.Rowdy the stuffed dog (Scrubs)
I admit that having a stuffed dog for a pet is a bit unusual but when you think about it, it's a brilliant idea. He never has to be walked, fed or taken to the vet and he'll never run away. Seeing the hours of fun JD and Turk have with Rowdy makes me want to run to my nearest taxidermist and order myself a mounted hound.
Just heard this on my local news but I can't find anything about it online except here. Yvonne De Carlo, probably most famous for her role as Lily on the comedy-horror series The Munsters, died at the age of 84.
That's the way TV fans will remember her, but she had quite a body of work in film as well, including roles in The Ten Commandments, The Desert Hawk, The Power, and Satan's Cheerleaders (great title!). She also starred in tons of TV shows, including Roots, Fantasy Island, Burke's Law, Murder, She Wrote, Dream On, Tales From The Crypt, The Girl From U.N.C.L.E., The Name of the Game, and The Virginian.
Her last role (besides a documentary a few years ago) was in the TV movie The Barefoot Executive.
Lately I've been watching a lot of classic monster movies like Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolf Man and Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man. All of these are great films I recommend highly, though not so much Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man. Bela Lugosi as Frankenstein's monster just doesn't do it for me, it's gotta be Boris Karloff or nobody. That is, unless we're talking television, then Fred Gwynne as Herman Munster suits me just fine. Yeah, I know he's not playing Frankenstein's monster, but let's not split corpse hairs, okay? Anyway, TV Land is airing a 25-hour Munsters marathon starting at 6 am on October 28 and running until 6 am on October 29. Those of you with advanced degrees in "time telling" will notice that's only a 24-hour period, but thanks to daylight saving time, they're able to sneak another episode into the marathon. Given the choice, I'd rather have an Addams Family marathon, but this works, too.
- The Benny Hill Show - Complete and Unadulterated: Vol. 5
- The Book of Daniel - Complete Series
- Brotherhood - Season 1
- Danger Mouse - Seasons 7 to 10
- Dark Shadows - Collection 26
- The Dick Tracy Show - Complete Series (Animated)
- Ellen - Season 4
- Kids in the Hall - Best Of, Vol. 1
- Mama's Family - Season 1
- Masters of Horror - Imprint (Takashi Miike)
- The Munsters - Fright Fest
- One Tree Hill - Season 3
- Riptide - Season 1
- Thriller - Season 1
- Transformers: Armada - Season 1, Part 2
- Voltron: Defenders of the Universe - Collection One (Blue Lion)
- Whose Line Is It Anyway? - Season 1, Vol. 1 (Censored and Uncensored)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: One Team is Accused of Playing Dirty
- More From BuddyTV
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- BSG's Tricia Helfer Suits Up as Harvey's Foe (and Lust Interest)
- The Originals Adds Everwood Alumna Debra Mooney as Werewolf Matriarch
- More From TVLine
- Renee Zellweger and 7 Other Stars Who Dramatically Changed Their Look
- One Direction Parties With Danny DeVito in ‘Steal My Girl' Music Video!
- Flashback: Before 'Honey Boo Boo' Got Famous
- Halle Berry vs. Britney Spears: Inside Look at Their Sexy Lingerie Lines
- Happy 30th Birthday Katy Perry! Watch Her Greatest ET Moments
- More From ET