As unveiled to a full, if partially groggy Comic-Con crowd during one of the day's first events, the DVD collection will include every episode of the show, more than 90 minutes of extra footage and 29 episode commentaries.
Henson joined series creator Rockne O'Bannon with stars Ben Browder and Claudia Black to unveil the comprehensive set of the show Henson repeatedly referred to during the panel as "psychotically ambitious" because of its mix of live-action, muppet technology, and then-state-of-the-art visual effects.
An awesome lady named Martha Fischer sent me a link to a BMW commercial featuring Kermit the Frog. The commercial is in "not English," so if you understand what's being said, you'll be able to appreciate it more than someone like me who can barely grasp the English language, much less an entirely new one. Although, I'm pretty sure he says something like, "I have no time to talk, I'm on my way to have sexual congress with a pig."
That's also how Hillary Clinton ends all her campaign speeches. Thank you! You've been a great audience!
Muppet fans know that some characters evolve while others just spring up from out of nowhere. Cookie Monster, for example, began life as somewhat more ferocious-looking monster (the row of sharp teeth helped) in several commercials before being toned down and brought to Sesame Street.
In the clip below, a pre-Sesame Street Cookie Monster devours a machine while the machine describes how it works and what its many functions are. Actually, it only has one main function, but you'll have to watch the clip for that.
Like many of you, I've been waiting since the 1999 film The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland for the little red Muppet to return to the big screen. Every morning I would wake up and check all the trade papers to see if li'l Elmo was ready to make his big screen comeback, and every day I was disappointed.
Actually, everything in that paragraph is a lie, though I did see The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland in the theater, along with my then three-year-old nephew and a theater full of little kids (they loved it). Muppet News Flash is reporting that a possible movie version of the "Elmo's World" segment on Sesame Street is in the very early stages of development. So early, in fact, that there's no guarantee the movie will be made at all. If it does get made, word is that it will put Elmo in a CG crayon-drawn world in the vein of Harold and the Purple Crayon or Chalk Zone.
I know parents and those of us who grew up with "classic" Sesame Street aren't especially fond of Elmo, but you can't deny the little guy has his fans. Also, it helps to keep in mind that Elmo is specifically designed to appeal to smaller children, not their older siblings.
I disagree with all of them. I think the true Muppets test is just in your looks, not your personality. I think I look like Rowlf (it's the brown hair). I have a friend who is a dead ringer for Janice, one who reminds me of Fozzie Bear, and another who could totally pass for Crazy Harry. There's a Muppet for everybody!
So.. forget the stupid tests. Which Muppet do you resemble?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelor' Season 18: Juan Pablo's Biggest Mistakes
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Source in the Sludge'
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Season 9 to Premiere in April
- 'Scandal' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City': 7 Things to Know about New Housewife Kristen Taekman
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 4: Sam has a reason to exist in Gilly
- 'The Flash': First full costume photo of Grant Gustin
- 'Awkward' Season 4 scoop: New showrunners reveal Ming, Collin not returning and more
- CBS summer 2014 schedule: 'Big Brother 16' and 'Extant' premieres, 'Unforgettable' return and more
- TV ratings: 'Bachelor' finale hits a season high, 'Believe' has a solid start Monday
- More From Zap2it
- First Look: The CW's The Flash Is Ready to 'Bolt'
- CBS Summer Schedule Scoop: Big Brother Bows Early (Again), Extant Debut Shifts and More
- Ratings: Bones Returns Up, Bachelor Finale Down, The Voice Ties Low, Beast Dips
- Memories From the Set: Bradley Whitford Talks Stints on West Wing, ER, Frasier and More
- Banshee Season 2 Finale Exclusive: Watch the Time-Tripping Opening Sequence Now!
- More From TVLine