my fair brady
But after the series ended, the couple decided to take themselves out of the reality spotlight. Knight hosted a game show on GSN and Curry popped up on a Smoking Gun talking head show, but the pair has more or less been off TV for over two years, mainly to see how well they get along when the cameras weren't in their faces.
Now, with her marriage still intact, Curry's ready to get back into the reality game. She and Knight will be appearing at the first-ever Reality Rocks Expo in Los Angeles on April 9 and April 10. The first winner of 'America's Next Top Model' has also been getting back in fighting shape and fielding offers for new shows. Oh, and in our wide-ranging and frank conversation about reality TV, she told me she wouldn't mind if a show like 'Dancing With the Stars' came knocking.
The spinoff, aptly titled 'Tough Love: Couples,' will feature 'Tough Love' star Steve Ward and his mother JoAnn. The two will assess the relationships of the couples just before they are set to marry, determining if they are fit to tie the knot together.
This is certainly not the first time VH1 has spun off off their popular shows, sometimes unnecessarily. In fact, there are so many spinoffs of their reality shows, we have compiled a list of just the worst ones.
For reality television, love is always in the air. Some shows set out to find it ('The Bachelor,' 'Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire'); it happens spontaneously on others ('The Real World'; 'Survivor').
Think you know floozy flirtations, "scripted-drama" passion? We've got your reality check right here -- take our reality-TV romances quiz.
Now, at 53, Williams has a blog, called The Greg Brady Project, which debuted in December. There, Williams tells stories about his experiences as an actor over the last 40-plus years while a series of co-writers wax nostalgic about the past, and not necessarily about The Brady Bunch. I spoke to Williams by phone earlier this month. We talked about the blog, why he's embraced his Greg Brady past more than his co-stars, and what he thinks of some of those co-stars' new projects. The interview is after the jump.
This weekend Scott Baio tied the knot with his longtime girlfriend Renee Sloan. Many guests were in attendance; the most recognizable, however, would have to have been the cameras and crew for his show on VH-1.
Last year, Baio starred in his own reality show called Scott Baio is 45 and Single. Personally, when I heard about this show, I was worried. If Scott Baio is actually 45 then I must be much older than I thought.
There is a treat for all fans of The Brady Bunch over at AOL TV. As part of their "Where are they now?" series, AOL TV is providing the current stats on all your favorite BB cast members.
Some of them have been more high profile than others. Christopher Knight (Peter) is, of course, well-known to today's reality show fans. He was a cast member on The Surreal Life where he met and fell in love with America's Next Top Model winner Adrianne Curry. The two of them went on to star on their own reality series My Fair Brady which ended with their wedding.
This Flavor of Love-type premise requires some real loons to make it work. Idolator has made a few guesses at who said bad boy might be. They've floated Adam Duritz of Counting Crows, Stephan Jenkins of Third Eye Blind, Steve Harwell of Smashmouth and Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit. I'd find it way more humorous if someone like Eddie Veder or Billy Corgan had decided that they were going to try and undermine the genre by colluding with it, but Idolator's list makes sense. I'd say the smart money's on Durst or Duritz. Anyone interested in auditioning?
- At 8, NBC has two hours of Saturday Night Main Event. That's wrestling to you and me.
- ABC has M. Night Shyamalan's best movie at 8, Unbreakable.
- FOX has a new Cops at 8.
- Also at 8: OLN has stage 13 of the Tour de France.
- At 8:30, VH-1 has a My Fair Brady: We're Getting Married marathon.
- At 10, CBS repeats the latest episode of Brotherhood.
- Also at 10: IFC has a new Henry Rollins Show.
- At 7, ABC has a repeat Extreme Makeover, followed by the NBA playoffs, the Heat vs. The Mavericks.
- CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7, followed by the 60th Annual Tony Awards.
- NBC has a new, two hour Dateline at 7, followed by a repeat Law and Order: CI and (yes, yet again) the pilot of Windfall.
- Over on FOX at 7, a repeat Malcolm in the Middle, followed by repeats of King of the Hill, The Simpsons, The War At Home, Family Guy, and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
- The WB has two Reba repeats, then two Charmed repeats.
- HBO has the season premiere of Deadwood at 9, followed by the season premiere of Entourage and the series premiere of Lucky Louis.
- ABC Family reruns the Falcon Beach movie at 9.
- USA has the season premiere of The 4400 at 9.
- Also at 9: VH-1 has a new My Fair Brady: We're Getting Married, followed by new eps of Hogan Knows Best and Supergroup.
After all these reality shows, when do you think reality will actually set in for these two lovebirds?
(A good example: I went with my buddy Roger, a Chiller veteran. While we were there, he found out that one of his friends bought some rare Japanese monster toys for $23,000 at the show. Another guy dropped $5500 on a single monster toy. The people who go here are hardcore, to say the least.)
But what has always intrigued me about this convention are the celebrities that attend. Unlike Star Trek or other show- and genre-specific conventions, Chiller usually gathers fallen celebrities from all over the entertainment spectrum. That is what brought me to the convention on Saturday.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black Returns, a Devious Premiere, Salem and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Jack Gleeson
- Report: Gwen Stefani Replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice Next Season
- Shane West Previews Scary Salem's 'Sense of Urgency and Dread,' Talks Taming His Wig
- More From TVLine
- John C. Reilly Takes You Behind The Scenes Of Disney's 'Bears'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Star Alex O'Loughlin is Married!
- 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Creators Talk Show's Creation & Controversy
- 'Good Morning America' Promotes Lara Spencer to Co-Host
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- More From ET