my strange addiction
Meet Divya, a 28-year-old obsessed with taxidermied animals. An odd (and slightly creepy) obsession, but not completely out of the ordinary. But her addiction goes one step further -- she likes to scavenge the dead animal carcasses herself. Think: parks, on the side of the road, etc.
Pardon me for judging, but EW. Watch Divya in action in AOL TV's exclusive preview clip below.
'My Strange Addiction' airs Sun., July 31 at 10PM ET.
According to Entertainment Weekly, TLC has renewed 'My Strange Addiction' for a second season. The show "tells the compelling stories of people who are battling obsessive behaviors on the verge of taking over their lives," according to TLC. Subjects who have been profiled in the first season range from an obsessive scab-picker to a woman addicted to eating toilet paper.
The season finale of 'My Strange Addiction' airs Wednesday, Feb. 16, at 9PM ET, and will follow a woman addicted to laxatives and another addicted to "eating pottery and cigarette ashes."
In other TV news ...
• Sorry, 'Smallville' fans: Michael Rosenbaum has reportedly shot down any chance of returning for the series finale. "He has put the show behind him and moved on," said a source of the actor, who played Lex Luthor for seven seasons. There's still three episodes left to shoot, so he still has a little bit of time to change his mind. [EW]
• Syfy is developing a series about Harry Houdini and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle solving mysteries together in the 1920s. Wait, what?! The steampunk show is called 'Among the Spirits,' and Syfy President of Original Programming Mark Stern called it "a turn-of-the-century 'Fringe.'" [Deadline]
• Nielsen could be close to perfecting a tracking system for commercials. The company could offer "brand-specific TV ratings for commercials" so companies can know how much of an impact their commercials have. [The Hollywood Reporter]
Featured on 'My Strange Addiction' (Wed., 9PM on TLC), Rebecca has not only spent $45,000 on more than 200 pairs of shoes, but she believes they're kind of alive.
"I believe my shoes have feelings," she explained. "So if I don't wear them, or if I ignore them, I believe I hurt their feelings."
The problem for Rebecca and her shopping compulsion was that she was ten months out from her wedding, and absolutely incapable of saving any money toward it. She was dropping $500-600 a month on shoes.
'My Strange Addiction' (Wed., 11PM ET on TLC) is a new reality series about people suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder. The premiere episode features a woman who sucks her thumb at all times, a girl who's addicted to tanning, and a 31-year-old who sleeps with her blow dryer.
... And then there's Kesha. 34-year-old Kesha eats toilet paper. She eats half a roll a day -- and has done so since the sixth grade. She eats TP while in the car, at a restaurant, even at the movies. "I love the way toilet paper feels on my tongue," she says. " ... How it dissolves when it hits my tongue."
Kesha has done this for 23 years, meaning that she's eaten about 1,200 pounds of toilet paper in her lifetime. Wow. For the record, her favorite type is "two-ply" toilet paper, because she can separate the individual sheets, making the paper easier for her to digest.
'My Strange Addiction' tells the tales of those compelled to do weird stuff. A woman eats toilet paper. Another sleeps with her blowdryer. One woman eats laundry detergent. "It's my dirty secret," a voiceover says in the promo for the new series.
Each episode of the 12-part series will only be a half hour. Will it be enough time to get to know the people behind the addiction? Check out the trailer below.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.12 Photos: Dean Becomes a Teenager
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.12: Hayley Faces Difficult Decision
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.12 Photos: Malcolm Merlyn Joins the Team
- 'The Flash' Episode 12 Photos: Barry Gets a Girlfriend
- 'The Bachelor' Week 5 Photos: A Hot Air Balloon Date
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilot News: Fox Adds Kevin Connolly's Fantasy Life, Weezer-Inspired Detour
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan Joins Extant Season 2 as Roguish Bounty Hunter
- Pilot News: Problem Child, Based on 1990 Film, Ordered by NBC
- HTGAWM Stars on 'Crazy' Season End: 'I'm Surprised These People Aren't Rocking Back & Forth in a Corner'
- New Girl's Zooey Deschanel Is Expecting — Will Jess Be, Too?
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian Responds to Backlash for Cropping North West Out of Selfie
- Justin Bieber's Transformation: Has He Put His Bad Boy Past Behind Him?
- Katy Perry Teases Super Bowl Halftime Show: I Have Some Tricks Up My Sleeve
- EXCLUSIVE: ACM Awards 2015 Video of the Year Nominees Revealed!
- Now All Grown Up, Backstreet Boys Talk Bieber and Surviving Teen Fame
- More From ET