Would you name your child after anything (a character, actor, show, network) on television? If so, what?
Most people would agree that venerable newsman Mike Wallace has been an extremely influential force in TV news. Even in his late eighties the man is still well-respected. It seems, though, that his influence has stretched beyond mere journalism. During an in-studio performance and interview, singer Jack White of the White Stripes revealed that he got the name for his new band, The Raconteurs, from an article about Mike Wallace. The article described Wallace as a "raconteur," which means a person skilled at telling anecdotes. White apparently liked how the name sounded, and thus his band had a name. What still remains a mystery is whether Wang Chung got their name from Connie Chung.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Charles Torments the Liars
- 'Reign' Episode 2.22 Photos: Mary Risks Everything Even as Francis Feels Betrayed
- FOX Cancels 'The Mindy Project,' But Hulu May Save It
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Recap: It's Rodney's Birthday and He'll Cry if He Wants To
- 'Arrow' Recap: Oliver and the Wedding
- More From BuddyTV
- Criminal Minds: Jennifer Love Hewitt Not Returning for Season 11
- American Idol Recap: Thank God Almighty, There's Three at Last!
- Survivor Twist: Viewer Votes Will Decide Next Season's Castaways
- The Mindy Project Cancelled at Fox, But There's a Hulu Twist
- Arrow Recap: Fool Me Once... — Plus: Who Died? And Who's at Death's Door?
- More From TVLine
- A New 'Indiana Jones' Movie Is Coming!
- Zac Efron Has His Own Butt Double – See the Pics!
- Tina Knowles Pens Emotional Letter to Beyonce, Solange & Kelly Rowland
- Rihanna Has Now Been Nearly Every 'Mario Party' Character -- See The Pics!
- Miley Cyrus Doesn't Like Labels: 'I Am Ready to Love Anyone'
- More From ET