March 5, 2015
national parks project
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 14th 2011 5:00PM
If you want to get film or television made in Canada, you're probably going to need a grant.
For my readers in countries with a population density over 3.3 people per square kilometre, a grant is a sum of money given by a government or charitable organization to assist artists and organizations in overcoming the fact that our free market is as tiny as our tundra is vast. And if you want to secure one of these grants, it helps if your goals are in line with those of the granting agencies.
On first glance, the new series 'National Parks Project,' debuting on Discovery World HD on March 19, seems designed to make the juries of our various arts councils cry with happiness.
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 9th 2010 11:23PM
I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The 100' Season 2 Finale Photos: Will the Mountain Men Win?
- 'iZombie' Series Premiere Photos: How to Live Like a Zombie
- 'American Idol' Live Blog: Top 8 Girls Sing, 4 Go Home
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- As 'Blurred Lines' Trial Winds Down, Could Jury Turn Against Pharrell & Robin Thicke?
- Reese Witherspoon Posts Cute Photo of Baby Tennessee, Writes Sweet Message to Husband
- We Need to Discuss Lena Dunham's 'Scandal' Wig
- Was Jared Leto Really a Male Stripper?
- Harrison Ford Twice Rescued Lost Hikers in His Own Helicopter
- More From ET