'Eureka' returned to the tube earlier this month with a rebooted timeline that turned the oft-mocked Fargo into the director of Global Dynamics, the high-tech science imaginaruim at the heart of the show.
The new timeline gives Fargo more room to grow, Grayston says, and it gives viewers a chance to experience the show in a whole new light.
Grayston will pull double duty in August appearing on 'Eureka' and visiting Syfy sister series 'Warehouse 13' in a special crossover episode. We caught up with him recently to talk about the crossover event, the new fourth season of 'Eureka,' and what it feels like to be covered in green goo.
After bringing us the quirky death dramedy 'Dead Like Me,' and just before the resurrection dramedy 'Pushing Daisies,' Bryan Fuller co-created, along with Todd Holland ('Sons of Tucson'), another odd little show for FOX. 'Wonderfalls' premiered in March 2004; the tale of a young woman instructed by animal-shaped figurines to help people in need.
Much like his other shows, the whole atmosphere and presentation of 'Wonderfalls' was tailored to create a magical world just outside our own. Gritty realism certainly wasn't the goal.
Unfortunately, a serious lack of network patience led to 'Wonderfalls' getting canceled after airing only four critically acclaimed episodes out of thirteen produced. But those four hours left an indelible mark on the loyal viewers who did find it, and the series message of hope resonates as powerfully today as it did then.
(S03E01) With the return of Eureka, I think my summer viewing schedule is now complete. It's not exactly fall premiere season, but it's hard to complain about summer schedules anymore, given the amount of great programming available. When last we left our favorite eggheads, and Carter, there were two big questions in play. How would Allison respond to Stark's proposal? And would Henry go to jail? We got one of those answers, and a very short peek at where will be headed in season three.
Aaaand we're back with part two of the Eureka panel discussion at the Sci Fi Digital Press tour in Vancouver. I've got to say that I'm very glad we got the DVDs of these panels, not only so I can share them with you but because I can check them out again myself. In some respects you can kind of take these things for granted, then I step back and realize that these guys came out and took time to sit down and talk to us, the fans. You can still check out the first part of this video.
Enjoy the rest of the panel video below!
Eureka! Ahem... Wahoo! I got the Eureka panel interview DVD working, and was able to get the first part embedded for you below. I was definitely impressed by the energy and commitment of the cast and crew for this show, and Neil Grayston was awesome enough to have taken the time to show us around the "smart house" set and even give us a demonstration of his SARAH voice (you'd have to know the show to know what I mean).
Thanks to Colin Furguson, Erica Cerra, Salli Richardson, Joe Morton, Ed Quinn, Neil Grayston and Mark Stern for putting up with us sci-fi geeks.
Once again, I'll be posting more on this and the others shows we visited in the coming days. Look for part two of this panel video later today.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: The Roast with the Most
- 'Project Runway' Season 13 Premiere Recap: Fashion is in the Air
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: The Cast of 'Under the Dome' in Pedicabs and Rachelle Lefevre Goes Blonde
- 'Penny Dreadful' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 2 Explores Ethan and a New Threat
- More From BuddyTV
- Sharknado 2's Ian Ziering Promises Jaw-Dropping OMG Moments, While Tara Reid... Wants to Party
- Penny Dreadful Men Field Burning Questions, Tease Season 2 'Bang-Fest'
- Scorpion Stars Talk the Genius' Weakness, Terminator-as-Lou Grant — Plus: Kat McPhee Sings for Us
- More From TVLine
- Nick Star Jennette McCurdy Rejects The 'Role Model' Label In Online Rant
- Ryan Seacrest To Host Star-Studded 'Fashion Rocks' TV Extravaganza!
- Meet the World's Most Successful Transgender Model
- The Famous Family Member Who Won't be at Jenny McCarthy's Wedding
- Bradley Cooper Explains His Voice in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
- More From ET