A lot of shows on the list won't surprise us: Hank, The Forgotten, Numb3rs, Gary Unmarried, and 'Til Death (each either gets low ratings or has been on for a while), but there are several that I think will actually make it to a another season, including The Good Wife and Parks and Recreation.
Here's a weird possible benefit for some TV shows: the strike could actually help some shows stick around longer.
Why? Since production on many TV shows has shut down, the networks might be a little antsy about wasting what original programming they have. So a show that might otherwise be on the edge of being put on hiatus or even cancellation might get a bit of a reprieve and stick around longer.
I've already decided to give up on American Idol, so that's one I won't have to worry about. West Wing and Alias are already gone, so that's a load off my mind. I also think I'm going to stop watching ER. I think I told you earlier this year that I was going to keep watching it, even if it has gotten boring, because I had already invested 10 years in it. But I just might be through with it. Of course, if Clooney or Marguiles comes back to the show, or they somehow ressurect Mark Greene or Dr. Romano, I might change my mind.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Castle' Episode 7.6 Photos: Castle's Alternate Reality
- Top 10 Scariest Episodes of 'The Vampire Diaries'
- 'Arrow': 18 Shocking and Vengeful Moments from 'The Magician'
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Separation of Crows'
- More From BuddyTV
- Gracepoint Sneak Peek: Jack's Secret Past Washes Ashore
- True Detective Adds Abigail Spencer, Michael Irby and Others for Season 2
- The Divide Cancelled by WE tv
- New Girl Pics: Jess Juggles Two Guys, Gets Schooled by Lisa Bonet
- Red Band Society Casts Hustle Alum Adrian Lester (to Woo Nurse Jackson?)
- More From TVLine
- Gwyneth Paltrow Gushes Over Chris Martin at amfAR Gala
- Why Brittany Maynard, the Terminally Ill 29-Year-Old, May Choose to Live Another Day
- Kim Kardashian, Sarah Hyland & More Stars Show Us How To Dress For Halloween Without a Costume
- Taylor Swift Drinks Beer, Cheers New Hometown at a N.Y. Knicks Game
- Miley Cyrus and Rihanna Bid For Best Cleavage at amfAR Gala
- More From ET