A lot of shows on the list won't surprise us: Hank, The Forgotten, Numb3rs, Gary Unmarried, and 'Til Death (each either gets low ratings or has been on for a while), but there are several that I think will actually make it to a another season, including The Good Wife and Parks and Recreation.
Here's a weird possible benefit for some TV shows: the strike could actually help some shows stick around longer.
Why? Since production on many TV shows has shut down, the networks might be a little antsy about wasting what original programming they have. So a show that might otherwise be on the edge of being put on hiatus or even cancellation might get a bit of a reprieve and stick around longer.
I've already decided to give up on American Idol, so that's one I won't have to worry about. West Wing and Alias are already gone, so that's a load off my mind. I also think I'm going to stop watching ER. I think I told you earlier this year that I was going to keep watching it, even if it has gotten boring, because I had already invested 10 years in it. But I just might be through with it. Of course, if Clooney or Marguiles comes back to the show, or they somehow ressurect Mark Greene or Dr. Romano, I might change my mind.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: The Cast of 'Under the Dome' in Pedicabs and Rachelle Lefevre Goes Blonde
- The 16 Most Blood-Tingling Hookups from 'True Blood'
- 'Community' Season 6: Why Ratings Don't Matter, Themed Episodes and a Weekly Format
- 'Reign' Comic-Con 2014 Spoilers: Plague Deaths, Threats and the Baby
- More From BuddyTV
- NBC to Air Crossbones' Final Two Episodes On a Saturday Night
- Reign @ Comic-Con: Frary's 'Awkward' Future, Lola's Baby, Plague-Related Deaths and More Season 2 Scoop
- Scandal's 'Randy' Season 4 Premiere Title: What Could It Possibly Mean?
- Legend of Korra Is Moving Online, But 'There Is Definitely a Book 4'
- Freak Show Adds All My Children Alum
- More From TVLine
- Nick Jonas Releases 'Chains' Single
- ‘Fifty Shades of Grey' Stars Admit What It's Really Like Filming Those Racy Sex Scenes
- Kristen Bell Plays Mary Poppins, Gets Political in Funny or Die Parody
- Zoe Saldana Curses Out Media Following Reports of Twins
- 7 Celebs You Didn't Know Were in Music Videos Before They Were Famous
- More From ET