A lot of shows on the list won't surprise us: Hank, The Forgotten, Numb3rs, Gary Unmarried, and 'Til Death (each either gets low ratings or has been on for a while), but there are several that I think will actually make it to a another season, including The Good Wife and Parks and Recreation.
Here's a weird possible benefit for some TV shows: the strike could actually help some shows stick around longer.
Why? Since production on many TV shows has shut down, the networks might be a little antsy about wasting what original programming they have. So a show that might otherwise be on the edge of being put on hiatus or even cancellation might get a bit of a reprieve and stick around longer.
I've already decided to give up on American Idol, so that's one I won't have to worry about. West Wing and Alias are already gone, so that's a load off my mind. I also think I'm going to stop watching ER. I think I told you earlier this year that I was going to keep watching it, even if it has gotten boring, because I had already invested 10 years in it. But I just might be through with it. Of course, if Clooney or Marguiles comes back to the show, or they somehow ressurect Mark Greene or Dr. Romano, I might change my mind.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Rankings: The 24 Semifinalists of Season 9
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'The Klum of Doom'
- Best 'Suits' Season 4 Quotes So Far
- ?Pretty Little Liars? Fatal Finale Question: Who Will Die?
- 'Intruders' Preview: A Look Inside BBC America's Supernatural Conspiracy Thriller
- More From BuddyTV
- Vampire Diaries Season 6: Elena's 'Drug Problem' Revealed in New Teaser
- Enlisted Officially Discharged as Yahoo Passes on a Second Season
- TVLine Items: Paul Reubens Gets Blacklisted, an OITNB Return & More
- Is Dome Too Tech Savvy? Should Rookie Cop Quit? Ship Happens on The Strain? Sex Wife Insane? And More Qs
- Watch Fox's Red Band Society Pilot Now!
- More From TVLine
- Watch Hugh Jackman Lift 400 lbs. Almost Effortlessly!
- George Clooney's Ex Elisabetta Canalis Engaged to Brian Perri
- Pete Wentz Welcomes Baby with Girlfriend Meagan Camper
- 2014 Emmys Predictions: Who Will Win in the Comedy Categories
- Maroon 5 Lets Their Inner 'Animals' Run Free with New Song
- More From ET