A lot of shows on the list won't surprise us: Hank, The Forgotten, Numb3rs, Gary Unmarried, and 'Til Death (each either gets low ratings or has been on for a while), but there are several that I think will actually make it to a another season, including The Good Wife and Parks and Recreation.
Here's a weird possible benefit for some TV shows: the strike could actually help some shows stick around longer.
Why? Since production on many TV shows has shut down, the networks might be a little antsy about wasting what original programming they have. So a show that might otherwise be on the edge of being put on hiatus or even cancellation might get a bit of a reprieve and stick around longer.
I've already decided to give up on American Idol, so that's one I won't have to worry about. West Wing and Alias are already gone, so that's a load off my mind. I also think I'm going to stop watching ER. I think I told you earlier this year that I was going to keep watching it, even if it has gotten boring, because I had already invested 10 years in it. But I just might be through with it. Of course, if Clooney or Marguiles comes back to the show, or they somehow ressurect Mark Greene or Dr. Romano, I might change my mind.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from the Season 11 Premiere
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Episode 3.3 Photos: Pandora Unleashes a Dangerous Artifact
- 'NCIS' Episode 13.4 Photos: Vance Returns to Field Duty
- 'Quantico' Episode 4 Photos: The Recruits Train for a Hostage Crisis
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' Season Premiere Recap: What's Up With Room 64?
- More From BuddyTV
- Game of Thrones Casts New Red Priestess, But What Does It Mean?
- Ratings: Arrow Hits Best Premiere Number Since Series Launch
- Vampire Diaries Season 7: Meet the Heretics, Mystic Falls' Greatest Threat
- The Player Sneak Peek: Alex and Cassandra Are Runnin' and Gunnin'
- Nashville Recap: Sob Story
- More From TVLine
- 'Vanderpump Rules' Star Stassi Schroeder Says Her Relationship With Lisa Vanderpump Will 'Never Be the Same'
- Liam Hemsworth Strips Down and Takes a Hot Shower After Surfing -- See the Pics!
- Star Sightings October 2015
- Ashley Benson Sparks Instagram Uproar Over 'Cecil the Lion' Costume
- Howard Stern Blasts Jay Leno for Jimmy Kimmel Diss: ‘No One Is More Cruel'
- More From ET