Well, MTV has finally caught up, making a visually minor but symbolically huge change to its logo: No more "music television."
One of the reasons is pretty funny: the network execs realized it looked terrible on their business cards.
So what should replace this logo?
Starting in May, SpikeTV is going to become even manlier than it already is. Currently, the cable network is known for it's testosterone laden line-up of shows including The Ultimate Fighter, CSI: reruns, wrestling, King of Vegas, and now reruns of The Shield. A network re-branding is underway, and a new incredibly manly logo (pictured) will be introduced in a little over a month.
For those accustomed to Spike and it's excessive James Bond marathons, you'll recall that it's current cursive written logo is certainly not as manly as many men would like. So rest easy gentlemen. Relax and go light a fire or shoot something with four legs. SpikeTV has your back.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Party String and a Cold Shower Spell Trouble
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: What Will Scott Become?
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: Big Jim Creates More Problems When He Finds the Egg
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Reunion Part 2 Recap: Does Tamra Defend Her Actions?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Will the Arrival of Brooks Come Between Sarah and Robert?
- More From BuddyTV
- Under the Dome Recap: Family Matters
- Time Out! Lifetime's Saved by the Bell Exposé Would Have Us Believe....
- Mistresses Season 2 Finale Recap: Bride Goeth Before a Fall
- Teen Wolf Recap: Third Eye Blind
- Mistresses EP Talks Shocking Season 2 Finale: 'Soap Operas Live and Die on Unforgivable Acts'
- More From TVLine