Well, MTV has finally caught up, making a visually minor but symbolically huge change to its logo: No more "music television."
One of the reasons is pretty funny: the network execs realized it looked terrible on their business cards.
So what should replace this logo?
Starting in May, SpikeTV is going to become even manlier than it already is. Currently, the cable network is known for it's testosterone laden line-up of shows including The Ultimate Fighter, CSI: reruns, wrestling, King of Vegas, and now reruns of The Shield. A network re-branding is underway, and a new incredibly manly logo (pictured) will be introduced in a little over a month.
For those accustomed to Spike and it's excessive James Bond marathons, you'll recall that it's current cursive written logo is certainly not as manly as many men would like. So rest easy gentlemen. Relax and go light a fire or shoot something with four legs. SpikeTV has your back.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Colbert Report's Final Episode: Murder, Santa Claus and So. Many. Celebrities.
- Post Mortem: White Collar Boss on Neal's Last Con, Alternate Ending
- Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title
- Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder to Direct Season 6 Episode
- More From TVLine
- Kate Upton Named People's Sexiest Woman Alive
- Sony Hacking Scandal: Did Hollywood Cave In?
- Craig Ferguson Passes 'The Late Late Show' Torch to James Corden
- Gloria Estefan Dreams of Performing in a Free Cuba, Can She Go Home?
- 'American Horror Story': Neil Patrick Harris Arrives at the Freak Show
- More From ET