Well, MTV has finally caught up, making a visually minor but symbolically huge change to its logo: No more "music television."
One of the reasons is pretty funny: the network execs realized it looked terrible on their business cards.
So what should replace this logo?
Starting in May, SpikeTV is going to become even manlier than it already is. Currently, the cable network is known for it's testosterone laden line-up of shows including The Ultimate Fighter, CSI: reruns, wrestling, King of Vegas, and now reruns of The Shield. A network re-branding is underway, and a new incredibly manly logo (pictured) will be introduced in a little over a month.
For those accustomed to Spike and it's excessive James Bond marathons, you'll recall that it's current cursive written logo is certainly not as manly as many men would like. So rest easy gentlemen. Relax and go light a fire or shoot something with four legs. SpikeTV has your back.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bones': 10 Memorable Moments at the Jeffersonian
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 9
- 'The Bachelor' Book Club: Reality Stars Turned Authors
- 'Project Runway' Season 14: Ranking the Looks of 'Fashion Flip'
- Which 'Real Housewife' Could Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21?
- More From BuddyTV
- Complications Cancelled at USA Network
- Pretty Little Liars, Five Years Forward: Where Is Everyone in Season 6B?
- Hindsight Cancelled at VH1, Despite Season 2 Renewal
- Reign Season 3 Trailer Makes Chilling Prediction: 'Scotland's Queen Will Fall'
- TVLine Items: Astronaut Wife to Fox, Miss America Adds Co-Host & More
- More From TVLine
- Kelly Clarkson's Daughter River Rose in Bejeweled Headphones Is Life-Ruiningly Adorable
- VMAs Bad Blood! Why Do Stars Like Nicki Minaj and Adam Levine Love to Bash the Show?
- Jennifer Garner is Back in L.A. -- No Ring, New Nanny?
- 9 Celebs Who Want You to Know Body-Shaming Isn't Cool
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Cast Spills 6 New Details to Keep You Hungry for More!
- More From ET