Well, MTV has finally caught up, making a visually minor but symbolically huge change to its logo: No more "music television."
One of the reasons is pretty funny: the network execs realized it looked terrible on their business cards.
So what should replace this logo?
Starting in May, SpikeTV is going to become even manlier than it already is. Currently, the cable network is known for it's testosterone laden line-up of shows including The Ultimate Fighter, CSI: reruns, wrestling, King of Vegas, and now reruns of The Shield. A network re-branding is underway, and a new incredibly manly logo (pictured) will be introduced in a little over a month.
For those accustomed to Spike and it's excessive James Bond marathons, you'll recall that it's current cursive written logo is certainly not as manly as many men would like. So rest easy gentlemen. Relax and go light a fire or shoot something with four legs. SpikeTV has your back.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 6 Performance Rankings
- 'The Originals': The 16 Most Memorable Moments from 'Every Mother's Son'
- 'Castle': 23 Times Kids Stole the Show in 'Child's Play'
- 'Sleepy Hollow': 16 Moments of Ichabod's Love Life and Hawley's Help from 'The Weeping Lady'
- More From BuddyTV
- Faking It Renewed for Season 2B — Plus: Scoop on the Liam-Amy Reveal
- Pilot Scoop: Christian Slater to Headline USA Crime Drama Mr. Robot
- Ratings: Millers Steady, Jane Eyes Uptick, Voice, Castle and Blacklist Slip
- Sleepy Hollow Pics: Abbie Is More Armed Than Usual, Ichabod Votes
- Scandal Casts Battlestar Vet as [Spoiler]'s Abusive Ex-Husband
- More From TVLine
- Scott Foley: I Had to Google 'Eiffel Tower' After Reading the 'Scandal' Script
- Can You Guess This Emmy-Nominated Actress From Her Very First Acting Gig?
- Derick and Jill Duggar Dillard Reveal the Sex of Their Baby
- Singing Nun from Italy's 'The Voice' Takes on Madonna's 'Like a Virgin': Watch Now!
- Kat Dennings: I'm So In Love with Kim Kardashian's Butt
- More From ET