new york jets
First, Rick Sanchez asked Sainz to address the allegation the team was throwing balls at her, so they could run up next to her and pick them up.
"I don't even pay attention to that, because they never hit me with the balls ... I wasn't in danger," Sainz said.
But now the rest of the country is seeing what the hubbub around Ryan has been about via the ever-interesting HBO series 'Hard Knocks,' which documented the Jets training camp this summer. Ryan's national profile has skyrocketed, leading Bob Raissman of the New York Daily News to already wonder if Ryan can be the plain-spoken heir apparent to John Madden in the broadcast booth.
It's an interesting thought, one that has some merit. But if Ryan were to make his way into the booth after his coaching career is over, he's going to have to make some changes in order to be successful.
This year, however, it's a whole 'nother story. The Jets are smokin'. As a Miami Dolphins fan, this pisses me off like you can't imagine. But for HBO, the New York Jets are a great pick for 'Hard Knocks,' the show that takes viewers into the training camp of an NFL team to watch them put it together for season to come.
Bruno burst onto the stage wearing a green and white Sanchez jersey, carrying pom poms and cheering his little heart out. "Nobody in the history of this show has ever made an entrance like that!" exclaimed Letterman. "It was fantastic!"
Yeah, maybe. And a little frightening, too. Maybe Willis is having a mini-breakdown over the fact that the Jets were eliminated from the Super Bowl last Sunday.
Watch the video after the jump.
Of course, Sesame Street also plans spoofs on popular television shows with skits such as A's Anatomy, The Amazing Alphabet Race and Meal or No Meal (I'm totally looking forward to that one).
It must be great to be rich and well-known. You can go completely out of your area of expertise and actually have professionals looking for your opinion.
That's what I thought of when I read this story about Curb Your Enthusiasm/Seinfeld creator Larry David. He's consulting with New York Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum and coach Eric Mangini about their draft choices. Turns out David is a big, big football fan, and called the Jets up last year to give them some advice. They didn't listen to him last year, but this year they're actually talking to him.
This could be a trend. I want to hear Rosie O'Donnell's advice on who the Red Sox should trade before the All-Star Game break, and I wonder if Andy Dick knows how well David Beckham is going to do in Los Angeles?
[via TV Tattle]
Jeez, you win a few games unexpectedly and everyone loves you. At least that's what I'm noticing about the New York Jets, who have exceeded all expectations by compiling an 8-6 record so far this season. They've become such a surprise, that everyone's favorite annoying red Muppet is even a fan of theirs.
At least that's what I want to think after reading this New York Times article detailing the visit that punter Ben Graham, wide receiver Laveranues Coles, quarterback Chad Pennington and head coach Eric Mangini made to Sesame Street last week, a few days after the team lost to the Buffalo Bills. The four Jets were on the show to teach Elmo some football skills, and each man danced with their kids (well three of them, anyway... the article didn't say if Coles had kids) on the popular "Elmo's World" segment.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Rehearsal Photos: Bindi Irwin and the PenaVegas
- Meet the Teams of 'The Amazing Race' Season 27
- 'America's Got Talent' Live Results Recap: The 1st 5 Acts Advance to the Finals
- 'MasterChef' Interview: For Charlie and Ailsa, No Trophy but No Regrets
- [Videos] 'Castle' Season 8 Spoilers: Ryan's Paranoid, Kate and Castle's New Family Dynamic and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Vampire Diaries' Candice King Teases 'Badass' Caroline in Season 7, Talks 'Funny' Steroline Baby Theories
- Ron Perlman Talks Hand of God's Take on Faith, Sons of Anarchy Series Finale: 'When I Was Done, I Was Done'
- Grey's Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes Reveals Reason for That McDreamy-Fueled One-Year Time Jump
- Dean Jones of Herbie, the Love Bug and Ensign O'Toole Fame, Dies at 84
- The 100 Season 3: Clarke Gets a (Grounder?!) Makeover
- More From TVLine
- Janice Dickinson Collapses on Live TV After Reported Bee Sting
- EXCLUSIVE! You're the Worst Sneak Peek: Jimmy and Gretchen Are Awful Roommates (& That's Why We Love Them)
- Is Justin Bieber Sending a Message to Selena Gomez in 'What Do You Mean?' Video?
- Jennifer Aniston Looks Super Fit During an On-Set Workout and We Can't Even Handle It!
- This 2-Year-Old Playing Hide-and-Seek With a Gorilla Is Your Daily Dose of Adorableness
- More From ET