News Roundup: 'Glee' Promo Teases Relationship Drama, 'Buffy' Star to Guest on 'Private Practice' and More
In a new promo, Fox teases the love triangle square of Rachel, Finn, Quinn and Puck. But that's not the only romantic tease; nope, we get our first look at Tina and Mike (other Asian) and some more Terri/Emma/Will drama. Check out the promo after the jump.
There's no new music in this one, but if you haven't seen the promo with Jay-Z and Alicia Keys' 'Empire State of Mind,' you should check it out.
In other TV news ...
• The CW is going to attempt to break the world record for "Largest Cheerleading Dance" to promote 'Hellcats.' On Sept. 4, the network hopes to get more than 297 participants -- the current record -- to Frisco Memorial Stadium in Texas. [Live Feed]
• 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' star Nicholas Brendon will guest star on 'Private Practice.' Series creator Shonda Rhimes announced the news on Twitter. [Shonda Rhimes]
• Cleo King of 'Deadwood' and 'Sons of Anarchy' fame will recur on CBS's 'Mike & Molly.' King is set to play the grandmother to Reno Wilson's Carl. [TV Guide]
This week, I thought it would be fun to delve into my favorite Buffy hookups. One that didn't make the list but holds a special place in my heart is Giles and Joyce. It was a fleeting moment, but one that was fun and would have made for great storytelling had it continued.
But who to pair Buffy up with -- Spike, Angel or Riley? What about Spike and Drusilla? And while Willow and Tara had a special love affair, there's a lot to be said for Willow and Oz. And what of Xander? Sure, he and Anya had a fun romance, but his hookups with Cordelia and even Faith were intense in their own way.
Oh the choices! Read on for my thoughts, and please add your own in the comments below.
When one of our favorite TV shows goes off the air, it can be devastating. However, many times, the cancellation is the birth of a spinoff. Sometimes it can be a great thing (Frasier) and sometimes not so much (AfterM*A*S*H).
Here are some of this month's spinoff ideas that I would love to see.
Mr. Hawkins Goes to Texas
After the conspiracy of the Cheyenne government was revealed on Jericho, Robert Hawkins (Lennie James) thought the hard part was behind him. He had no idea what was in store. As America tries to form a new governing body, they are desperate for honest men to help lead the way. With help from Mimi Clark (Alicia Coppolla), his personal assistant, Hawkins fights government bureaucracy with the same zeal that he fought domestic terrorism.
Well, this news is going to make some people very, very happy.
Kitchen Confidential, the comedy that was on FOX last year for about a minute and a half is coming to DVD on May 22. Not only will the two disc set have the four episodes that aired on the network, it will also have the nine episodes that never aired. Extras will include cast interviews and a trailer.
I found this show rather disappointing. It was OK, but just not as funny or involving as I thought it would be. Of course, this was based on two or three episodes, so I'll make an effort to check out the rest. Michael Vartan, Bradley's Cooper's costar from Alias, guest starred on one of the unseen episodes as a French chef. The show also starred Nicholas Brendon, Bonnie Somerville, John Francis Daley, Jaime King and Frank Langella.
Relative Chaos is the story of the Gilbert family's annual contest for the Gilbert Cup. Every year the three Gilbert children, Dil (Christopher Gorham), Gil (Nick Brendon), and Lil (Jennifer Robertson) compete in contests that, as the website says, 'test their intelligence, agility, and sanity'. And yes, I said Dil, Gil, and Jil. It's ABC Family. Much to Dil's chagrin, he has never won the cup. But this year Dil has his new girlfriend Catherine (Charisma Carpenter) in his corner, which could make all the difference. And if that isn't enough chaos, the father of the Gilbert clan, Will (of course!), is played by Terry Bradshaw.
A video preview, wallpapers, bios, etc. are all available at the movie's website. Relative Chaos premieres Monday, September 4th on ABC Family.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Sharknado 2: The 13 Best Worst Lines and 13 Fishiest Leaps of Logic
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: It's Just Emotions, Taking Me Over
- ABC's The Quest Mixes Fantasy and Reality (With Dragons on the Side)
- Scoop: Warren Kole Is 'Following' Kevin Williamson to CBS' Stalker
- Nashville Books Laura Benanti for Season 3 — Will She Clash With Rayna?
- More From TVLine
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets Star Studded Set Photo From 'Rock The Kasbah'
- Lily Allen Praises Miley Cyrus' Stage Skills Before Opening For Her On 'Bangerz' Tour
- Ireland Baldwin on Social Media: 'Instagram is Behind the Times'
- Vin Diesel Covers Sam Smith... And Yes, It's Everything.
- 'The Bachelorette': Did Producers Tell Nick to Shame Andi?
- More From ET