April 19, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Orphan Black Season 2 Premiere Recap: Fishy Business — Plus: Grade the Episode!
- Ratings: Hannibal Rises, Shark Tank and Kitchen Nightmares Slip, Hart of Dixie Steady
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black Returns, a Devious Premiere, Salem and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Jack Gleeson
- More From TVLine