March 9, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'My Five Wives' premiere: Meet the women married to Brady Williams
- 'Once Upon a Time' spoilers: Lana Parrilla dishes on the 'deliciously wicked' midseason premiere, teases romance for Regina
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Liam Neeson, Jon Hamm, Fred Armisen show up for surprise cameos
- 'True Detective' Season 1 crib sheet: All you need to know before the finale
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': President Barack Obama to introduce FOX special
- More From Zap2it
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Crazy Ones, Revolution, Modern Family, Oscars & More
- Lena Dunham Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- Louis C.K. Set for Saturday Night Live Encore
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- More From TVLine