I've been really curious to see what TNT's Dark Blue is all about. It's got a few things going for it right off the bat: producer Jerry Bruckheimer and lead actor Dylan McDermott. I can't say I'm all about the police dramas, but those two guys made me want to check it out.
Plus, it's on TNT, which has been running edgier shows lately, like Saving Grace, The Closer, and Leverage. The network is sort of a cross between HBO and USA, with some FX thrown in.
On my first viewing of the Dark Blue pilot, it came across as just another procedural about a brooding cop (McDermott) whose team walks the line between right and wrong. But I knew in my heart there was more, so I watched it again.
I'll always remember Miner from her role on Guiding Light (she played Michelle Bauer in the mid-90s), but she was also married to Macauley Culkin for a short time. Everything has a Michael Jackson connection these days.
I don't know if I can think of a tougher gig on television than being a girl on Supernatural. Things just never seem to go well for any of them. The good news is that the show seems to be acting as a springboard and many of the actresses have been able to land on their feet with good roles.
Adrianne Palicki moved from playing Sam's sweetheart, Jessica, to Friday Night Lights. Alona Tal, who played the controversial Jo, moved right into a regular spot on Cane. It was short lived, but still a nice credit. And now they're joined by Katie Cassidy, the season three demon, Ruby. She's been added to the ever changing cast of Harper's Island. She takes over the role, originally played by Samantha Noble, of the bride whose wedding is the setting for a whole mess of murders. Now, if we can just get someone to hire Nicki Aycox, the sinister Meg.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Aquarius: Is NBC's Charles Manson Drama Groovy or Gruesome?
- Wayward Pines Recap: Invasion of the Body Snatcher
- Heroes Reborn Adds Covert Affairs Alumna in Enigmatic Role
- Shadowhunters Adds Being Human's Jon Cor as Hodge Starkweather
- Outlander Stars, EP Talk Finale's Tough, 'Tricky' Jamie-Randall Scenes
- More From TVLine
- 'Bachelor' Host Chris Harrison Reacts to Chris & Whitney's Split: It's 'Sad'
- Emilia Clarke Says She Passed on 'Fifty Shades' Because of the 'Huge Amount of Nudity'
- Mariah Carey Slams 'American Idol': 'Worst Experience of My Life'
- Chris Brown Opens Up About Past Bad Behavior: I 'Hated' the Person I Saw in the Mirror
- Rashida Jones' New Doc Investigates How Porn Companies Are Luring Teenage Girls
- More From ET