August 22, 2014
by Debra McDuffee, posted Feb 18th 2009 1:50AM
(S01E15) The Mentalist never fails to entertain, even when the case is obvious. There was something about the writing or directing of this show early in the season; I could peg every killer nearly the moment he or she was onscreen, because of the weird shifty thing they did.
Well, that didn't happen in this episode; instead, they dropped the biggest, most obvious clue in the history of procedurals. I kept hoping that it was a red herring, but no. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy this episode; I loved the twists and turns the case took, but I hated knowing, absolutely knowing, who the killer was, in that different way than just the shifty stuff.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Wizard of Oz Drama Emerald City Not Moving Forward at NBC
- True Blood Pilot Revisited: Bill's Big Lie and 17 More Unforgettable Moments
- The Mindy Project: Niecy Nash Joins Season 3 Cast as Mindy's New Rival
- Vampire Diaries Season 6: Elena's 'Drug Problem' Revealed in New Teaser
- Enlisted Officially Discharged as Yahoo Passes on a Second Season
- More From TVLine
- They Said What?! ET's Most Memorable Red Carpet Moments
- Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' Video Director Hits Back at Racist Claims
- Miley Cyrus Concert Banned in Dominican Republic
- The Spider-Woman Cover That Looks Like A Nicki Minaj Parody Became One
- The Voice Season 7: Watch New Coaches Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams in Action!
- More From ET