October 8, 2015
by Debra McDuffee, posted Feb 18th 2009 1:50AM
(S01E15) The Mentalist never fails to entertain, even when the case is obvious. There was something about the writing or directing of this show early in the season; I could peg every killer nearly the moment he or she was onscreen, because of the weird shifty thing they did.
Well, that didn't happen in this episode; instead, they dropped the biggest, most obvious clue in the history of procedurals. I kept hoping that it was a red herring, but no. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy this episode; I loved the twists and turns the case took, but I hated knowing, absolutely knowing, who the killer was, in that different way than just the shifty stuff.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Premiere: 17 Shocking Moments from 'Green Arrow'
- 'Criminal Minds': The 9 Moments Leading Up to the UnSub's Final Plan in 'The Witness'
- AMC Renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' for Season 3
- Who Is Going to Die in 'Arrow' Season 4?
- More From BuddyTV
- Malika Haqq, Khloe Kardashian's BFF and 'Dash Dolls' Star, Arrested for DUI
- Gloria Allred on Bill Cosby's Upcoming Deposition: 'We Fight Hard and We Fight to Win'
- Meet 'The Originals' Newest Cop: 'Veronica Mars' Star Jason Dohring Talks Stepping Into Season 3!
- Matt Bomer Says Taylor Kinney Was 'So Profoundly Cool' With Him Getting Naked With Lady Gaga on 'AHS'
- Kris Jenner Thinks Jail Could Be the 'Biggest Wake-up Call' for Scott Disick: 'No Alcohol, No Nothing'
- More From ET