|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c|
But I might start watching ABC News because they're launching a series called "Spirit of America" that will air weekly during World News With Charles Gibson. Ok, so it's only two- to three-minute segments once a week, but hey, it's a start. I'll give 'em that.
"Even with the economic crisis and the problems that affect so many people, we're trying to show that people can make a difference, both big and small," said World News executive producer Jonathan Banner.
Steve Capus, NBC News President, made this statement about Brokaw's decision to step in: "To have someone of Tom's stature step up and dedicate himself to ensuring its ongoing success is not only a testament to his loyalty to Tim, but his enduring commitment to NBC News and our viewers."
After 21 years helming the program, Tom Brokaw retired from NBC Nightly News in 2004.
Tim Russert died of a heart attack last week on June 13th. He was 58.
[via Yahoo TV]
What was that old line William S. Burroughs spouted in those old Nike ads, something about the purpose of technology not being to confuse the brain, but to serve the body? Well, NBC news anchor Brian Williams is worried that portability and on-demand technology might not be doing much for the brains of citizens at all, claiming it allows people to filter out the bad news that is also important in keeping us informed. Part of a journalist's job, he claims, is to provide a "civics lesson." So what do you guys think? Is being able to pick an choose the information we receive a good thing or not? I have a tendency to think people have always done this, but that now it's just more convenient.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'A to Z' Review: Can You Fall In Love with a Couple That's Doomed?
- [Video] 'Bad Judge' Preview: An Unconventional Courtroom
- 'The Voice' Season 7: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Voice' Season 7: Meet Pharrell Williams' Team
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.2 Photos: Does David Know Anna?
- More From BuddyTV
- Olivia Pope's 'Scandal' Men Pose Shirtless with Pups
- Jeff Garlin Calls Former Co-Star Selena Gomez's Sexualization 'Disgusting'
- 'Modern Family' Men Crash Fraternity House
- Robert Downey Jr. & Other Stars Send Mila Kunis Congrats For Her New Baby
- Watch One Direction Help A Fan Propose To His Girlfriend!
- More From ET