|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c|
But I might start watching ABC News because they're launching a series called "Spirit of America" that will air weekly during World News With Charles Gibson. Ok, so it's only two- to three-minute segments once a week, but hey, it's a start. I'll give 'em that.
"Even with the economic crisis and the problems that affect so many people, we're trying to show that people can make a difference, both big and small," said World News executive producer Jonathan Banner.
Steve Capus, NBC News President, made this statement about Brokaw's decision to step in: "To have someone of Tom's stature step up and dedicate himself to ensuring its ongoing success is not only a testament to his loyalty to Tim, but his enduring commitment to NBC News and our viewers."
After 21 years helming the program, Tom Brokaw retired from NBC Nightly News in 2004.
Tim Russert died of a heart attack last week on June 13th. He was 58.
[via Yahoo TV]
What was that old line William S. Burroughs spouted in those old Nike ads, something about the purpose of technology not being to confuse the brain, but to serve the body? Well, NBC news anchor Brian Williams is worried that portability and on-demand technology might not be doing much for the brains of citizens at all, claiming it allows people to filter out the bad news that is also important in keeping us informed. Part of a journalist's job, he claims, is to provide a "civics lesson." So what do you guys think? Is being able to pick an choose the information we receive a good thing or not? I have a tendency to think people have always done this, but that now it's just more convenient.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Creator Eric Kripke Answers: Will the Story Live On?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- More From TVLine