When one of our favorite TV shows goes off the air, it always brings sadness. However, many times, the silver lining in the cancellation is the birth of a spinoff. Sometimes it can be a great thing (Lou Grant) and sometimes the results can be less than ideal (Joey).
Here are some spinoff ideas that I would love to see.
Niles & Daphne
After Frasier leaves Seattle, Niles and Daphne are forced to take in Martin and Eddie. Daphne has to deal with Martin's new and more protective physical therapist (Patti Labelle). To make things worse, Maris moves in next door with her new husband (Jeff Goldblum).
Some of the most memorable characters in television were never actually seen. They were talked about, and their presence, even if it was always offscreen, was often crucial to the plot. I've come up with five awesome (but unseen) TV characters. Here they are:
Vera: From what I recall, Vera, the wife of beer-lover Norm Peterson on Cheers, made only one appearance on the show, and that was just her legs. According to both Wikipedia and IMDb, she was played by George Wendt's real-life wife, Bernadette Birkette.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Suits': 17 Soul-Crushing Moments from 'We're Done'
- 'Extant' Episode 5 Photos: Molly and Ethan in Trouble
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Amber vs. Jocasta in the Week 5 Live Eviction
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 14 Performance Rankings
- August 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- More From BuddyTV
- Video: Comic-Con Highlights, Outtakes with the Stars of Castle, Bones, Once, True Blood, Community and More!
- Once Upon a Time Season 4: New Shots of Frozen's Elsa and Kristoff Revealed
- John Stamos Guest-Starring on ABC's Galavant as a Knight in Singing Armor
- Sharknado 2 Takes Much Bigger Chomp Out of Ratings, Up 180% Vs. Original
- Emmys Poll 2014: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actress in a Drama?
- More From TVLine