Yet another results show has come around, and Ryan starts things off by asking, "Who will graduate from the Idol school of rock, and who will just get schooled?" You know, Ryan, I'm available if your writers are on strike. Call me.
Anyway, sounds like it was a dramatic week on American Idol - a large column collapsed and in a separate incident, a staffer was injured on a stair mishap. Whew. But the show must go on, and we'll find out tonight whether Allison, Danny, Adam or Kris will be going home. The other three get to go home, too, but for a big hometown parade with cheerleaders and town leaders gushing praise on them.
A "pop-themed" week seems to be a fairly broad catergory, so it will be interesting to see what songs the contestants choose. Reportedly, they will be singing their "favorite songs from that genre." I wonder if this means they will sing pop tunes from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, or go with something more contemporary. As always, it is important that they select their songs wisely, and give memorable performances.
The Top 10 perform live on Tuesday, March 27 (8:00-9:07 PM ET). Please note that American Idol is extending the episode by seven minutes in order to squeeze in all of the performances. House will follow Idol in its entirety. Set your TIVOs accordingly.
Bening had a really strong performance. All her characters were totally solid and natural (I mean, as natural as they could be). However, she had a really tough time with the cue cards. It wasn't like her eyes darted from side to side... she just full-on stared at the cue cards most of the time. That always annoys me a little bit about hosts, but perhaps it's just a personal annoyance and not particularly fair towards Bening. After all, it's not like something a film star should be used to, right?
The writing was very funny at some points, but the rest of the episode was only "okay". Hey, they can't all be winners.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Mindy Project Recap: A Nut, Busted
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spring Premiere Recap: Oh, the Inhumanity!
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: I Must Confess
- Reality Check: Agony and Ecstasy of American Idol's Top 24! Plus: Should Voice Singers Show Their Tax Returns?
- Pilot News: Carrie Preston Starring in NBC's Empty-Nester Comedy
- More From TVLine
- Demi Lovato on Being a Role Model, Staying Strong in Recovery and Thigh Gaps
- 16 Most Adorably Awkward Hugs Of All Time
- 'Empire' Star Bryshere Gray On Naomi Campbell and His Other Dream Guest Stars
- Mark Wahlberg Is Now a Clothing Designer
- How George Clooney Brings Hollywood and Politics Together
- More From ET