Yet another results show has come around, and Ryan starts things off by asking, "Who will graduate from the Idol school of rock, and who will just get schooled?" You know, Ryan, I'm available if your writers are on strike. Call me.
Anyway, sounds like it was a dramatic week on American Idol - a large column collapsed and in a separate incident, a staffer was injured on a stair mishap. Whew. But the show must go on, and we'll find out tonight whether Allison, Danny, Adam or Kris will be going home. The other three get to go home, too, but for a big hometown parade with cheerleaders and town leaders gushing praise on them.
A "pop-themed" week seems to be a fairly broad catergory, so it will be interesting to see what songs the contestants choose. Reportedly, they will be singing their "favorite songs from that genre." I wonder if this means they will sing pop tunes from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, or go with something more contemporary. As always, it is important that they select their songs wisely, and give memorable performances.
The Top 10 perform live on Tuesday, March 27 (8:00-9:07 PM ET). Please note that American Idol is extending the episode by seven minutes in order to squeeze in all of the performances. House will follow Idol in its entirety. Set your TIVOs accordingly.
Bening had a really strong performance. All her characters were totally solid and natural (I mean, as natural as they could be). However, she had a really tough time with the cue cards. It wasn't like her eyes darted from side to side... she just full-on stared at the cue cards most of the time. That always annoys me a little bit about hosts, but perhaps it's just a personal annoyance and not particularly fair towards Bening. After all, it's not like something a film star should be used to, right?
The writing was very funny at some points, but the rest of the episode was only "okay". Hey, they can't all be winners.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Hannibal' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 18 Predictions: Who Will Win?
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City': Ramona Singer's Crazy, Catty and Clueless Quotes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 18 Finale Photos: Juan Pablo Picks His Lady
- 'Pretty Little Liars': The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Aria and Ezra's Relationship
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Mind Games' Steve Zahn: 'Some things don't need to be fixed'
- Tom Bergeron leaving 'America's Funniest Home Videos'; HBO teases 'Veep' Season 3
- 'Chrisley Knows Best': Todd Chrisley lives by, 'You're only as sick as your secrets'
- '24 Hours on Earth' travels second-by-second through a virtual day
- 'The Little Couple': Bill takes Zoey to the doctor (and Jen stays home sick)
- More From Zap2it
- NBC Sets Season Finale Dates For The Blacklist, Community, Parenthood and More
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones, Grey's, Good Wife, Suits, PLL, Reign, New Girl and More
- Awkward Season 4 Trailer: Jenna and Matty Hit the Sheets — But Are They Back Together?
- Once Upon a Time First Look: A Wicked Midwife, the Return of [Spoiler], Sad Regina and More
- Exclusive Glee First Look: Kurt, Blaine and More Reunite in 100th Episode Promo Art
- More From TVLine