Yet another results show has come around, and Ryan starts things off by asking, "Who will graduate from the Idol school of rock, and who will just get schooled?" You know, Ryan, I'm available if your writers are on strike. Call me.
Anyway, sounds like it was a dramatic week on American Idol - a large column collapsed and in a separate incident, a staffer was injured on a stair mishap. Whew. But the show must go on, and we'll find out tonight whether Allison, Danny, Adam or Kris will be going home. The other three get to go home, too, but for a big hometown parade with cheerleaders and town leaders gushing praise on them.
A "pop-themed" week seems to be a fairly broad catergory, so it will be interesting to see what songs the contestants choose. Reportedly, they will be singing their "favorite songs from that genre." I wonder if this means they will sing pop tunes from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, or go with something more contemporary. As always, it is important that they select their songs wisely, and give memorable performances.
The Top 10 perform live on Tuesday, March 27 (8:00-9:07 PM ET). Please note that American Idol is extending the episode by seven minutes in order to squeeze in all of the performances. House will follow Idol in its entirety. Set your TIVOs accordingly.
Bening had a really strong performance. All her characters were totally solid and natural (I mean, as natural as they could be). However, she had a really tough time with the cue cards. It wasn't like her eyes darted from side to side... she just full-on stared at the cue cards most of the time. That always annoys me a little bit about hosts, but perhaps it's just a personal annoyance and not particularly fair towards Bening. After all, it's not like something a film star should be used to, right?
The writing was very funny at some points, but the rest of the episode was only "okay". Hey, they can't all be winners.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Extant' Episode 5 Photos: Molly and Ethan in Trouble
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 14 Performance Rankings
- August 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: NeNe's New Gig, Kristen's Marriage and All-New 'Wives
- 'Teen Wolf' Interview: Dylan O'Brien and Shelley Hennig Tease a Rocky Future for Stiles and Malia
- More From BuddyTV
- Video: Comic-Con Highlights, Outtakes with the Stars of Castle, Bones, Once, True Blood, Community and More!
- Once Upon a Time Season 4: New Shots of Frozen's Elsa and Kristoff Revealed
- John Stamos Guest-Starring on ABC's Galavant as a Knight in Singing Armor
- Sharknado 2 Takes Much Bigger Chomp Out of Ratings, Up 180% Vs. Original
- Emmys Poll 2014: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actress in a Drama?
- More From TVLine
- Matthew Knowles Teaching College Course On How To Be the Next Beyonce
- Sharknado 2 Bites Back with Huge Ratings and Breaks Twitter Records!
- Keith Urban Breaks Silence on Alleged Concert Rape
- 5 Seconds of Summer Unveils Highly Anticipated 'Amnesia' Video
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Explains Why He's No Longer Friends with Kirstie Alley
- More From ET