PBS is getting into the coffee game by joining with Green Mountain Coffee Roasters and creating the PBS Blend. The coffee will be organic, and will be "offered in whole bean, 10 oz. packages, and single serve K-cups for use in Keurig Single-Cup brewers."
But the PBS ombudsman column above raises an interesting question: how can PBS get into the for-profit business of selling coffee and other commercial endeavors and still get taxpayer support? Whatever side you happen to fall on, the column probably answers any questions you might have and is well worth reading.
I wonder if they'll do it for certain shows. Maybe a Sesame Street Hazelnut or a Bill Moyers Vanilla Bean. Though I don't really want to know what a McLaughlin Group-flavored coffee would taste like.
How did a Washington-based advocacy group get so connected to the Left Coast? One of the organization's founders is none other than Norman Lear, the man who created The Jeffersons, Good Times, Maude and All in the Family.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.9 Photos: Storybrooke Prepares for the Snow Queen's Curse
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Girls, Girls, Girls'
- More From BuddyTV
- What TVLine Is Thankful For: A Good Surprise, Homeland's Revival, Sexed-Up Murder, Sweet Jane and More
- Vampire Diaries Photos: Bonnie's Blue Christmas, Stefan's Big Reveal & More
- Flash Scoop: The Voice of Gideon Is...
- Arrow Scoop: Sin Returns for 'Pivotal' Role in Sara Murder Mystery
- The Originals Photos: See Klaus' Adorable Reunion With Baby Hope
- More From TVLine
- Jordin Sparks Takes Shots at Ex-Boyfriend Jason Derulo in New Track
- The Best & Worst Thanksgiving Sides: Our Definitive List
- 'Once Upon a Time' Sneak Peek: Storybrooke Is Doomed But Regina Is Determined!
- Creed Singer Scott Stapp Says He's Homeless, Being Blackmailed and the IRS Took His Money
- Tanya Tucker Gets Candid: Glen Campbell Heartbreak and Hopes for Her Legacy
- More From ET