(S02E02) The beginning of the show suffered a bit from post-season premiere setup, but things got back on track pretty quickly. Allison's taking over Global Dynamics; Stark is heading out the door; and Fargo is... well, Fargo. Seeing Jack and Zoe at home definitely helped set the tone and bring back last season's ambiance.
(S06E14) *Warning, spoilers from the recent episode ahead*
Jack Bauer must really be hurting, more so than ever before. More so than he was when he emerged from two years of being tortured by Chinese officials a mere 14 hours ago. Or during other seasons when he was tortured via any number of weapons or devices (though not by a cigar cutter . . . or plastic wrap).
For the second consecutive week, 24 viewers barely saw our boy Jack. He sustained rib injuries in the Russian consulate that caused internal bleeding, necessitating heavy bandages around his mid-section.(Though we did get glimpses of his severely scar-ridden upper torso.) When Jack was doing something other than groaning in pain, he was either close-talking with his sister-in-law, or perusing files from the CTU archives while an unmanned aircraft carrying a live nuke circled over California.
CBS has been heavily promoting this new drama (if you watched The U.S. Open, it was teased approximately 2000 times), and we gave our quick first impressions several weeks ago, but here's a little more about the show.
Basically, it's The Day After: The TV Show. A loner (Skeet Ulrich) goes back to his small hometown in Kansas, just to stay for the day, to finish some business, when some sort of nuclear (?) explosion happens in the distance, perhaps Denver. The town is completely cut off from the outside world. They can't communicate with anyone. But what worries is that one of the kids in the town was talking to his parents on the phone when the blast occurred. They were in Atlanta, and a blast happened there too. Or did it?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Psychic in the Soup'
- 7 Reasons 'Downton Abbey' Fans Should Be Watching 'Call the Midwife'
- 'Bones' Poll: Should Brennan Go to Jail for Committing a Felony?
- More From BuddyTV
- Heroes Reborn: Masi Oka to Return as Hiro! Plus, Premiere Date Scoop
- TVLine Items: School of Rock Casts Its Class, NBC's First Date and More
- Walking Dead Spinoff Title Revealed
- April Dates to Save: Justified's Finale, Mad Men's Return and 54 Others
- Video: Patrick Stewart Is a Boorish, Boozy Blowhard in Starz's Blunt Talk
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Show PDA at Kenny Chesney Concert
- Mom Shares Incredibly Inspiring Bikini Photo: 'I'm Proud of This Body'
- Kate Middleton Makes Final Public Appearance Before Having Royal Baby No. 2
- Get Emmy Rossum's Easter Floral Fashion
- Lena Dunham Compares Jewish Boyfriend to Her Dog, Upsets Anti-Semitism Group
- More From ET