Welcome to TV Squad Lists, a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
Ever since the early days, pets have been a staple of many TV shows. Whether they are the star of the show like Cleo from The Peoples Choice or unforgettable supporting pets like Eddie from Frasier, these pets are often the best remembered part of any TV show.
Here is my own personal list of favorite pets. Before you start, I excluded Arnold Ziffel because the Ziffel family insisted he was their son not a pet. Feel free to add your own favorites.
1.Rowdy the stuffed dog (Scrubs)
I admit that having a stuffed dog for a pet is a bit unusual but when you think about it, it's a brilliant idea. He never has to be walked, fed or taken to the vet and he'll never run away. Seeing the hours of fun JD and Turk have with Rowdy makes me want to run to my nearest taxidermist and order myself a mounted hound.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Castle' Season 7 Finale Photos: Beckett Faces a Crossroads
- 'The Following': Ryan and Joe's Final Brotherly Bonding Moments from 'Evermore'
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.3 Photos: Sarah Tracks Down Mark
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.22 Photos: Everyone Learns About Derek's Death
- Best 'Originals' Quotes from 'City Beneath the Sea'
- More From BuddyTV
- X-Files Vets Glen Morgan, James Wong Returning for Fox's 6-Episode Revival
- TNT's Legends Adds Sons of Anarchy, True Blood Alums in Season 2
- The Flash Preview: 10 Things to Know About Tonight's Super 'Trap'
- Flesh and Bone Trailer: Starz Ballet Drama Shows the Dark Side of Dance
- Grey's Anatomy Adds Mentalist Alum Joe Adler for Season-Ending Arc
- More From TVLine
- This Baltimore Mom Is Being Congratulated for Pulling Her Son Out of the Riots
- 10 New Victoria's Secret Angels! Did Kendall Jenner Make the Cut?
- Hilary Duff Is on Tinder! 'I'm Talking to Probably About 9 Guys Right Now'
- Gisele Bundchen Poses Completely Nude for 'Vogue Brasil'
- Mark Ruffalo Perfectly Answers the Sexist Questions Scarlett Johansson Is Usually Asked
- More From ET