So, the news that Bradley Whitford is signed for Jack and Dan, Matt Nix's new series for Fox, was happy indeed. My reaction was enthusiastic optimism bordering on a reason to sing. "Oh, what a beautiful morning, oh, what a beautiful day... "
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - Book 3, Fire Vol. 2
- Banacek - Season 2
- Barney Miller - Season 2
- ER - Season 8
- The Girls Next Door - Season 3
- Hawaii Five-O - Season 3
- Hustle - Season 4
- The Jeff Corwin Experience - Season 1
- Make Room For Daddy - Season 6
- The Odd Couple - Season 3
- The Simple Life - The Simple Life Goes To Camp
- Swamp Thing - Season 1
- Thunderbirds - 40th Anniversary Megaset
- Torchwood - Season 1
I think most readers are going to be stunned that this guy was still alive in 2007.
Lane was one of the most famous character actors in TV history, appearing on such programs as Petticoat Junction (where he was a regular), I Love Lucy, Dark Shadows, L.A. Law, St. Elsewhere, Little House on the Prairie, The Odd Couple, and...oh, way too many to list here. He was also in the films It's A Wonderful Life, The Road To Singapore, 42nd Street, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, and many others. His career spanned over 60 years, his last role as the narrator in the short film The Night Before Christmas in 2006.
Lane passed away quietly on Tuesday in Santa Monica, CA.
What probably started as a one time lark is now turning into a regular event. A while back The Late Show With David Letterman had an Impressionist Week, and now they have another one, which starts tomorrow night. Here's the lineup:
Monday: Rob Magnotti
Tuesday: John Byner
Wednesday: Mike MacRae
Thursday: Joe Piscopo
Friday: Reggie Reg
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- Are You Afraid of the Dark? - Season 3
- Columbo - Mystery Movie Collection 1989
- The Drew Carey Show - Season 1
- Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy - Season 2
- Flipper - Season 1
- Ironside - Season 1
- Kidnapped - Complete Series
- Morel Orel - Vol. 1
- NCIS - Season 3
- The Odd Couple - Season 1
- Planet Earth - The Complete Collection
- WKRP in Cincinnati - Season 1
Welcome to TV Squad Lists (formerly 'The Five'), a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
TV usually gets the writing profession wrong. I've never understood why, since shows and characters are written by writers themselves. Maybe they think they have to dumb it down for the general audience. That's why you have writers like Jessica Fletcher, who just sits down at the typewriter and the words come out fine and she mails it off to her publisher. This happens all the time on television. And have you ever noticed that when you hear the writing that a writer character has done on a show it's almost always terrible? Why is that?
After the jump are six writer characters on TV that were done correctly.
Happy Valentine's Day! I hate February 14th.
But it's a fine day for all you
sickening happy lovey-dovey couples to hold hands and skip around your garden and have dirty dirty sex. Below are 5 great TV couples who are probably celebrating the day this way. Well, at least four of them.
1. Rob and Laura Petrie (The Dick Van Dyke Show): Has there ever been a married couple on television that had the chemistry that Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore had? Hell, they both even have three names! You could tell they loved each other and cared for each other, and you could imagine they were intimate, even if they did have those damn separate beds.
Stahl was in tons of TV shows over the past 40 years, including All in the Famly, Columbo, Laverne and Shirley, Benson, Good Times, Maude, Bonanza, That Girl, Love, American Style, Happy Days, Soap, Barney Miller, The Facts of Life, the original Love Boat TV movie, and was a regular on the 80s sitcom It's A Living. I'll always remember him from several very funny appearances in The Odd Couple. He was also in several movies, including Five Easy Pieces, Billy Jack, and Slaughter House-Five.
(That's him on the right in the photo, being attacked by Son of Blob.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf': Why Stiles and Lydia are Perfect Together
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from 'Privilege'
- 'RHOA' Star Kandi Burruss on Her Baby's Name: 'We're Taking Suggestions'
- More From BuddyTV
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 3: Constance Zimmer to Clash With Coulson, Blair Underwood Returns
- Continuum's Final Season Gets Syfy Premiere Date — Watch the Trailer
- Daily Show Vet Wyatt Cenac to Lead TBS Comedy Pilot The Group
- Wet Hot American Summer EPs Talk 'De-Aging' Process, Season 2 Hopes
- Lucy Lawless Stages Xena Reunion With Renee O'Connor — See the Photo
- More From TVLine
- The Knick Gets an Official Return Date, Second Season Will Pass Through San Francisco
- Mariah Carey Doesn't Want You for Christmas Anymore; She Wants to Direct a Movie
- 1,000 People Covered Foo Fighters' ‘Learn to Fly,' and It's Pretty Cool, But Not As Cool As If They Had Played ‘Monkey Wrench'
- More from Vulture
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
- 'Jessica Jones' Showrunner Teases a Super Suit for Krysten Ritter, Confirms 'Daredevil' Crossover
- Drake vs. Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj: A History of the Feud
- Ashlee Simpson at Hospital to Give Birth to Baby No. 2
- Julie Chen Looks Back at Her 'Big Brother' Fashions: 'There Have Been Many Mistakes'
- More From ET