That's right: Isaiah Mustafa has accepted his successor Fabio's challenge to a duel. The two hunks, tongues squarely in cheeks, will face off at 12PM ET Tuesday, in the online showdown billed as "Mano a Mano in El Baño."
Fabio issued the challenge yesterday with the aid of two comedy duelling pistols and Mustafa quickly accepted, ridiculing his opponent's tactics: "A real man would have challenged me to a duel with a left-to-right slap across the face."
Watch the hilarious videos after the jump.
It didn't stop there. He took on the Old Spice role because he was looking for a way into the industry, and boy, did he get it. Since the ads' soaring popularity, Mustafa has appeared in several TV shows ('Ugly Betty,' 'Eli Stone,' 'NCIS,' 'Days of Our Lives' among them) and even has a role in the upcoming movie 'Horrible Bosses.'
AOL TV caught up with Mustafa at a stopover in Toronto, and he was -- where else -- on a tall ship filled with beautiful women and very tasty food. He talked about his favorite TV shows, what he thinks about all his success and how he handles this whole 'sex symbol' thing.
Mustafa's turn as the uber-confident macho man from the popular Old Spice commercial has already led to a guest spot on 'Oprah' and a comfortable level of fame in Hollywood. Now he's ready for his close-up after playing bit roles on 'Ugly Betty,' 'NCIS' and 'Castle.'
Watch the video after the jump.
Watch the video after the jump.
On the air less than a month, we can't even tell you exactly what it is about the commercial that makes it so amazing, but we'll give a lot of the credit to the acting performance by Isaiah Mustafa, the man your man isn't.
I laugh out loud every time I hear the guy say "I'm on a horse." So quick and deadpan and funny.
Neil, an Emmy nominee for How I Met Your Mother, and Sarah, who is also a guest/semi-regular on Mother as well as a permanent regular on Scrubs, are a great choice for this gig. They're smart, funny, quick, attractive and maybe even unpredictable.
I mean, wouldn't it be a hoot if Neil came on stage in his Dr. Horrible gear and asked Sarah if her Hanes undies were riding up or doing their job? She should then counter and ask him about that smell, you know ... the Old Spice? Hey, maybe they should get Bruce Campbell to confront Neil about the Old Spice deal -- that was Bruce's commercial before Neil took over!
Deadpan and hysterically self-aware B-movie icon Bruce "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell appeared in an ad for Old Spice back in January, but if you thought he was done pitching the manly fragrance, then you've got another thing coming, you primitive screwheads.
In this new spot (see it below, along with another behind-the-scenes clip) a suave and debonair Bruce woos a group of lovely ladies with a lounge rendition of Duran Duran's "Hungry Like the Wolf." I can't imagine Bill Murray would have done it any better.
These ads, along with the Mac/PC ads from Apple, hold the special distinction of being commercials I will actually stop and watch while skipping past other commercials with my Tivo. What can I say, I've been a fan of Bruce from the moment he first strapped that chainsaw to his arm.
See Bruce croon after the jump.
[via Pop Candy]
Last night I did the unthinkable. I actually stopped and watched a commercial on my Tivo. Correction: I stopped and actually hit rewind on my remote so I could watch a commercial. Why did I do this? Two words: Bruce Campbell. If you don't know that name, then you're obviously not a fan of that classic horror trilogy consisting of The Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness. Evil Dead II is the best one of the three, and I'm willing to fight anyone who says different. You might also know Bruce as the titular lead in the TV series The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., or from such series as Xena: Warrior Princess, Hercules and Jack of All Trades. Bruce often works with his childhood friend Sam Raimi, and has appeared in all of Raimi's Spider-Man films. Raimi also directed the Evil Dead films and executive produced Xena, Hercules and Jack of All Trades.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bones' Episode 11.4 Photos: Will Brennan Feel Competitive with Betty White's Dr. Mayer Around?
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21: Switch-Up Performance Rankings
- 'The Originals' Episode 3.2 Photos: Impending Threats and a Dire Prophecy
- Best 'Castle' Quotes from 'What Lies Beneath'
- 'The Voice' Interviews: Which Contestant Found It a 'Little Scary' to Work with Selena Gomez?
- More From BuddyTV
- Fresh Off the Boat Lands Full Season 2 Order at ABC
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on NCIS, Looking, Vampire Diaries, Castle, Arrow, Scorpion, Once, S.H.I.E.L.D. and More
- The Wiz Live: First Cast Photos Reveal Dorothy and Pals' Oz-some Costumes
- For Kingdom Season 2, 'Unreasonable Commitment' Was the Cast's Mantra
- Pretty Little Liars' Lucy Hale Offers Hope for 'Ezria' in Season 6B, Teases 'Deadlier' Threats From 'A'
- More From TVLine
- Daniel Craig's 'Spectre' Co-Star Defends Him After Controversial 'Slash My Wrists' Remark
- Hayden Panettiere Seeking Treatment for Postpartum Depression
- Bradley Cooper Stands by Jennifer Lawrence Over Equal Pay in Hollywood: 'There Is a Double Standard'
- Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos Step Out With Their Adorable Kids -- See the Pic!
- Amy Schumer Says She Has 'Nothing but Love' for the Kardashians Following 'SNL' Diss
- More From ET