"I'm super careful," she said. "But I asked, because I'm on the new Aaron Sorkin show for HBO and I asked Aaron, 'Am I allowed to ride motorcycles or do you guys have in my contract that I can't?' And he said, 'Oh, you can ride them, but if you get hurt, we can fire you.'"
Kotb asked if Munn had time for a drink or two. "Every morning at 10 AM," Munn replied, before they began to partake in juicy drinks in large glasses. "It's like 'ladies who lunch,' you know? A little day drink. It's to keep the edge off. It's pineapple juice, tequila, and lime." Gifford said it was healthy because it had juice, Munn called it "juice with a kick."
Good news: Aaron Sorkin's highly-anticipated, yet-to-be-named cable news drama is going to become a reality. HBO announced that they've ordered a ten-episode season of the show, which will mark the prolific screenwriter's return to TV and his first major project since the critically acclaimed film 'The Social Network.'
The series will focus on a cable news anchor, played by Jeff Daniels, and his staff, who "set out on a patriotic and quixotic mission to do the news well in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles and their own personal entanglements."
HBO has already recruited some big names to guest star in the weekly, hour-long drama. In addition to Daniels, Olivia Munn will play Sloan, a newsroom staffer, and Sam Waterston will play their boss. Dev Patel, Emily Mortimer, Alison Pil, John Gallagher, Jr., and Thomas Sadoski will fill out the newsroom staff.
'Daily Show' (weekdays, 11 PM ET on Comedy Central) correspondent Olivia Munn was also raised by a Chinese mother. So, during a segment about Chua's book, Munn traveled back to her childhood home to talk to her mom about the strict way she raised her.
Walking into the kitchen, Munn pointed out to her mother a dent in the stainless steel refrigerator.
"Yes, I bang your head. You talk on the phone at all times. You see the dent," Mrs. Munn joked, pointing at dent. "Your head mark."
Marisa Tomei, Olivia Munn, Alison Pill in Talks for Aaron Sorkin's HBO Pilot, Keith Olbermann Announces New Show and More
According to Deadline, Tomei is close to signing on as MacKenzie, the executive producer of the news program.
Pill is in talks to play Maggie, an associate producer on the assignment desk, and Munn could play a financial analyst on the cable network.
In other TV news ...
• Elisabeth Harnois will be a series regular on 'CSI' next season. The 'Miami Medical' actress booked a guest role in the May 5 episode, but producers continued to expand her role. Harnois plays the estranged daughter of Conrad Ecklie (Marc Vann). [Deadline]
• Keith Olbermann will make his Current TV debut on Monday, June 20, at 8PM. The show will still be called 'Countdown With Keith Olbermann.' [Keith Olbermann]
• The shooting of Gabrielle Giffords will get the 'Law & Order' treatment. 'Law & Order: LA' is filming an episode where a state senator is gunned down in public. [Entertainment Weekly]
Festivities apparently began early for Munn, who was filling in for Kathie Lee Gifford. The actress tweeted that she was "already feelin tipsy" before the show even began, and once the broadcast started, she continued to imbibe with wild abandon.
"Money," she quipped. "Money makes the perfect couple."
The funny star stopped by our office to talk about the new NBC comedy 'Perfect Couples' (Thursdays, 8:30PM ET), in which she stars as Leigh, a perky, game-night lover who's in the "perfect relationship" with Rex (Hayes MacArthur).
Munn herself, though, is definitely not a "relationship expert" like Leigh. She cracked wise about her romantic life (or lack thereof), raved about her castmates and revealed whether she'll be staying on 'The Daily Show.' Watch the interview!
On Jan. 20, NBC is revamping its heralded "Must-See TV" Thursday nights with a new three-hour comedy block. Joining 'Community,' 'The Office,' '30 Rock' and 'Outsourced' will be the return of 'Parks and Recreation' and the brand-new show 'Perfect Couples.'
So far the new sitcom appears to be NBC's answer to their rival ABC's runaway success, 'Modern Family.' Both shows feature three different families of normal, yet surprisingly quirky, upper-middle-class characters; 'Perfect Couples' is simply the younger version. Whether the show is in reaction to the other or not, the three separate, interconnecting story lines do allow for a lot of quick jokes.
While 'Modern Family' introduced us to a number of new actors, the cast of six should be familiar to TV fans. David Walton, Mary Elizabeth Ellis, Christine Woods, Kyle Bornheimer, Hayes MacArthur and Olivia Munn all have had their fair share of small screen time.
The Comedy Central correspondent had been reporting on a story involving cruelty to animals. In keeping with the show's satirical bent, Munn attacked a woman who opposed puppy mills in front of Mr. Millan -- one of the world's most famous dog-lovers.
Olivia complained to Cesar that she was having trouble with a "b*tch" -- which of course can also refer to a female dog. The camera then panned to the confused-looking Madeline Bernstein. Poor Ms. Bernstein was only trying to outlaw puppy mills -- commercial dog-breeding facilities that are notoriously overcrowded and inhumane.
It all started when Olivia mentioned the recent love triangle on 'Community' as though it was a real thing. "You're a whore, and you cheated on her with her," she said to Joel and the two girls.
"I prefer a slut to whore," Alison replied.
Joel struck back by pointing out that Olivia was wearing fairly skanky boots during the interview. "These boots are my whore boots; I wear it proud," Olivia replied.
Now The Ausiello Files on EW.com is reporting she will guest star in the season four premiere of 'Chuck' Sept.20 on NBC. She'll play a C.I.A. agent who "intimidates and schools Chuck and Morgan."
'Attack of the Show' (weekdays, 7PM ET on G4) co-host Olivia Munn derails a skit meant to parody an internet video of an angry, spitting goat.
Munn, for those of you who are lacking in geek cred, is one of the co-hosts of G4s flagship series 'Attack of the Show.' Now, however, she is branching out into other endeavors, including what, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Comedy Central is terming a "try out" for the role of 'Daily Show' correspondent.
So how did Munn do? She seemed maybe just a bit nervous in a sketch that cast her as the show's "Senior Asian Correspondent," but soldiered through with the help of, well, just about the entire 'Daily Show' cast, who congregated around her in what was essentially a Comedy Central hazing ceremony.
Munn is joking, but barely. She is pushing her schedule to the limit these days, co-hosting 'Attack of the Show' on G4 and shooting the newly picked up NBC sitcom 'Perfect Couples.' She's also getting ready to promote her first book, 'Suck It, Wonder Woman! The Misadventures of a Hollywood Geek,' which will be released in July.
She also has a cameo in 'Iron Man II,' and a few seconds of screen time have turned into rumors that she was The Wasp, The Scarlet Witch or Iron Maiden, rumors that persist even now that the film is out. Pile on a non-stop stream of magazine photo shoots, and you can see why the salamander has more lounging time. Somehow, she still had time to prank an intern with a major crush from our sister site, Asylum.com.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best ?Bones? Quotes from 'The Puzzler in the Pit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Fade Into You'
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of 'Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve'
- 'Castle' Episode 7.9 Photos: Castle Investigates the Death of his Favorite Action Hero
- 'Gotham' Interview: Sean Pertwee and EP on Alfred the 'Enabler' and the 'Crumbling' City
- More From BuddyTV
- Marry Me Promotes Dan Bucatinsky
- Tina Fey's Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Comedy Series Moves to Netflix
- MTV's Eye Candy: Victoria Justice's Stalker Speaks in First Official Teaser
- Sleepy Hollow Fall Finale Photos: Abbie, Ichabod & the Gang Prep for War
- Glee Wedding Scoop: Which Two Couples Are Saying 'I Do' in Season 6?
- More From TVLine
- 'Once Upon a Time's Jennifer Morrison Talks Heartless Hook, the 'Worst' Spell Ever and More!
- Get Reese's Super-Feminine Look for Your Thanksgiving Gathering
- This Woman's Impressions of Celebrities Stuck in Traffic are Dead-On
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Sneak Peek: Legends Carol Burnett and Frankie Vallie are Getting Married!
- Harry Styles Didn't Send Taylor Swift 1989 Roses, But He'll Take You Ice Skating in New One Direction Video
- More From ET