Kristin Davis Returns to TV With 'Happiness Project,' Fox Orders More 'Human Target' Scripts and More
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Davis will star and executive produce the series based on Gretchen Rubin's memoir. Rubin started a blog about her year-long journey to find happiness. She employed scientific studies and other tips in her quest.
Kristin Newman of 'Chuck' and 'How I Met Your Mother' fame is in negotiations to write and executive produce.
In other TV news ...
• 'The Whole Truth' may have just one more week left. ABC has scheduled a country music special in the ratings-challenged show's timenslot on Nov. 3. The following week all of ABC's regular Wednesday night schedule will be put on hold for the Country Music Awards. [Entertainment Weekly]
• Former 'One Tree Hill' star Chad Michael Murray and 'Dollhouse' veteran Enver Gjokaj are in consideration for a new role on 'Torchwood.' 'Greek' star Amber Stevens is also being considered for a new role when the series launches on Starz. [Ausiello Files]
• Omari Hardwick of 'Dark Blue' fame will guest on NBC's 'Chase.' Hardwick will play Chris Novak, a criminal who escapes and seeks revenge on the people who betrayed him. [TV Guide]
Ty and Carter (played by Omari Hardwick and Dylan McDermott) try to perform a "sting" operation. In this case, though, they seem to have gotten too close to the criminals. Not only do they get outsmarted, but they also lose the money they brought to buy drugs -- which was part of the sting. How do they lose it? They get robbed.
Also, Carter gets bashed on the head by one of the criminals, and is knocked unconscious. See, this is the "danger zone" with going undercover. If you get too mixed up with the bad guys, then there's always the chance that you're just giving them the upper hand.
I've been really curious to see what TNT's Dark Blue is all about. It's got a few things going for it right off the bat: producer Jerry Bruckheimer and lead actor Dylan McDermott. I can't say I'm all about the police dramas, but those two guys made me want to check it out.
Plus, it's on TNT, which has been running edgier shows lately, like Saving Grace, The Closer, and Leverage. The network is sort of a cross between HBO and USA, with some FX thrown in.
On my first viewing of the Dark Blue pilot, it came across as just another procedural about a brooding cop (McDermott) whose team walks the line between right and wrong. But I knew in my heart there was more, so I watched it again.
(S01E01) In the beginning, about 2002, television gave us FX's The Shield, a police drama featuring corrupt but effective angst-ridden cops. Two years later the big picture box gave us FX's Rescue Me, a firefighter drama featuring cracked but effected angst-ridden firefighters. Both series have gone on to be critical and popular successes. And now, the glorious TV has given us a new 'first response' drama on TNT called Saved, which features flawed but effective angst-ridden paramedics.
Television should have taken a rest after the first two shows because it didn't do very well on this one. You see, while both The Shield and Rescue Me have main characters that you can connect with, despite the fact they are so flawed, you can't do that with Wyatt Cole, the main character on Saved. Why? Because he's so freakin selfish.
But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me explain after the jump. However, be warned of the spoilers ahead.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Peter and Kordell Flirt with Claudia
- 2015 SAG Awards Live Blog: Complete List of Winners
- 'Downton Abbey' Recap: An Explosive Dinner Party and More Police Questions
- [Video] 'Supernatural' Preview: Charlie Is Back (and She's Bad)
- 'Glee' Quotes: Sue's Funniest Lines from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 1'
- More From BuddyTV
- Downton Abbey Recap: Guess Who's Coming to (Ruin) Dinner
- Galavant: Two Takes on Season 1, Including the Mildly 'Meh' Finale
- SAG Awards 2015: OITNB, Downton, Viola Davis, William H. Macy Win Big
- Zachary Quinto Nixes Heroes Comeback
- Quotes of the Week From Scorpion, Revenge, The Nightly Show and More!
- More From TVLine
- The 7 Worst Dressed Stars at the 2015 SAG Awards
- SAG Awards 2015: Uzo Aduba and 'Orange Is the New Black' Cast Defeat 'Modern Family'!
- Sofia Vergara Shows Off Huge Ring, Talks Engagement: 'I'm Excited About the Future!'
- Stars at the 2015 SAG Awards
- Selena Gomez & DJ Zedd Can't Take Their Hands Off Each Other!
- More From ET