Kristin Davis Returns to TV With 'Happiness Project,' Fox Orders More 'Human Target' Scripts and More
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Davis will star and executive produce the series based on Gretchen Rubin's memoir. Rubin started a blog about her year-long journey to find happiness. She employed scientific studies and other tips in her quest.
Kristin Newman of 'Chuck' and 'How I Met Your Mother' fame is in negotiations to write and executive produce.
In other TV news ...
• 'The Whole Truth' may have just one more week left. ABC has scheduled a country music special in the ratings-challenged show's timenslot on Nov. 3. The following week all of ABC's regular Wednesday night schedule will be put on hold for the Country Music Awards. [Entertainment Weekly]
• Former 'One Tree Hill' star Chad Michael Murray and 'Dollhouse' veteran Enver Gjokaj are in consideration for a new role on 'Torchwood.' 'Greek' star Amber Stevens is also being considered for a new role when the series launches on Starz. [Ausiello Files]
• Omari Hardwick of 'Dark Blue' fame will guest on NBC's 'Chase.' Hardwick will play Chris Novak, a criminal who escapes and seeks revenge on the people who betrayed him. [TV Guide]
Ty and Carter (played by Omari Hardwick and Dylan McDermott) try to perform a "sting" operation. In this case, though, they seem to have gotten too close to the criminals. Not only do they get outsmarted, but they also lose the money they brought to buy drugs -- which was part of the sting. How do they lose it? They get robbed.
Also, Carter gets bashed on the head by one of the criminals, and is knocked unconscious. See, this is the "danger zone" with going undercover. If you get too mixed up with the bad guys, then there's always the chance that you're just giving them the upper hand.
I've been really curious to see what TNT's Dark Blue is all about. It's got a few things going for it right off the bat: producer Jerry Bruckheimer and lead actor Dylan McDermott. I can't say I'm all about the police dramas, but those two guys made me want to check it out.
Plus, it's on TNT, which has been running edgier shows lately, like Saving Grace, The Closer, and Leverage. The network is sort of a cross between HBO and USA, with some FX thrown in.
On my first viewing of the Dark Blue pilot, it came across as just another procedural about a brooding cop (McDermott) whose team walks the line between right and wrong. But I knew in my heart there was more, so I watched it again.
(S01E01) In the beginning, about 2002, television gave us FX's The Shield, a police drama featuring corrupt but effective angst-ridden cops. Two years later the big picture box gave us FX's Rescue Me, a firefighter drama featuring cracked but effected angst-ridden firefighters. Both series have gone on to be critical and popular successes. And now, the glorious TV has given us a new 'first response' drama on TNT called Saved, which features flawed but effective angst-ridden paramedics.
Television should have taken a rest after the first two shows because it didn't do very well on this one. You see, while both The Shield and Rescue Me have main characters that you can connect with, despite the fact they are so flawed, you can't do that with Wyatt Cole, the main character on Saved. Why? Because he's so freakin selfish.
But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me explain after the jump. However, be warned of the spoilers ahead.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Suits' Recap: Harvey (Sort of) Breaks a Sweat
- 'Extant' Recap: Spilling Secrets, Covert Experiments, and a Mysterious Party Crasher
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- 'Mistresses' Episode 2.9 Photos: Toni Has News for Dom
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 4: Cody's HoH Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Extant Recap: Crappy Birthday to You
- Mircea Monroe, Aimee Garcia Join Michael Rosenbaum in TV Land Pilot
- Dominion's Roxanne McKee Teases Big Changes: 'Claire's Innocence Is Lost'
- New Girl Scoop: Jessica Biel Cast as Jess' New Nemesis
- Game Night Preview: 'What People Help Their Necks to Be Not Cold'?
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Share Baby North's First Steps With The World
- Tom Hardy Gets Apocalyptic In This Amazing New 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Poster
- Naya Rivera Changes Name on Twitter
- The Woman Calling the Shots in Chef Gordon Ramsay's Life
- 'NCIS' Star Pauley Perrette's Deadly Hair Dye
- More From ET