I'm happy that DWTS hasn't added any judges like American Idol, and I don't mind judges ranking scores either. Here are five of the biggest pet peeves that Dancing with the Stars needs to fix.
My reviews of Everybody Hates Chris didn't garner many responses, though that never bothered me much. It's a smart and funny show and I was happy to write about it every week, even if it didn't get the recognition shared by your Ugly Bettys, My Name is Earls and other comedies from the big networks.
Unfortunately, I have to stop reviewing the show, because we're not allowed to write about black people on this blog -- I'm kidding! Really, that was a joke. Actually, the honest to goodness reason I can't write about Everybody Hates Chris is that the CW has been removed from my cable lineup because of some corporate nonsense I don't fully understand, nor do I plan to understand it because I only care about the shows themselves, not whatever bureaucratic B.S. is keeping the CW off my TV.
I don't know, nor do I care, if the internet will ever surpass television as an entertainment medium. I leave that kind of speculation to those who actually understand the technology involved. Me, I'm just a guy who likes to be entertained. I'm also a guy who wonders if I'll still be entertained by online video content when I'm much older.
Readers should feel free to point out any errors in this assumption, but I think that video content on the Web is largely a young person's game. Most of what you'll find on sites like YouTube and iFilm were not made with older folks in mind. Television, by comparison, isn't much better: within the major networks, one would be hard pressed to find a single show an older person would enjoy. Yes, once in awhile series such as Matlock or Touched By an Angel come along, but for the most part, the entertainment industry cares not for the elderly.
Kudos to the writers for finding a way to put off the number one killer of sitcoms -- the hooking-up of long-unconsummated lovers. Jim appears to be the guy in the office who can't get through the tedium of a day without a little sexual tension. Who can blame him, when the other choices are pushing paper products or team-building exercises gone wild?
I walked across the street to the coffee shop. The girl behind the counter handed my muffin and breakfast tea to me, but as soon as our eyes met her expression turned sour.
"You're the Man Who Doesn't Like Scrubs, aren't you?"
"It's just not my cup of tea."
"No, THIS is your cup of tea!" she screamed, tossing my breakfast tea directly into my eyes.
I stumbled out of the coffee shop, where I was immediately attacked by three ducks and seven squirrels. "Oh god!" I screamed, "Even Mother Nature loves Scrubs!"
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelor' Week 5 Photos: A Hot Air Balloon Date
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.14 Photos: Stefan and Caroline Get Closer
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from 'Enough is Enough'
- [Video] 'American Idol' One Singer to Watch: Maddy Hudson Performs a Beyonce Song with Emotion
- 'Scandal' Interview: Darby Stanchfield on Abby's Upcoming 'Gladiator Moments'
- More From BuddyTV
- Jessica Jones' BFF Is a Real Hellcat: Rachael Taylor Cast as 'Patsy' Walker
- Pilot News: NBC Orders Adaptation of Andy Samberg's Cuckoo Comedy
- 12 Monkeys: Originals Actor Previews His 'Scary,''Delicious' Rabble-Rouser, Plus: Cole Jumps Into an Outbreak
- Pilot Season '15: Scoop on This Fall's (Possible) New Shows, Who's In Them
- New Once Upon a Time Season 4B Poster Deals Three Queens
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE 'Scandal' Secrets: Get Ready For the 'Biggest Surprise' in the Show's History!
- Kanye West Sweetly Serenades North West In 'Only One' Video
- Vine Star Asks Selena Gomez to Prom in Epic Dance Video
- 7 Most Gut-Wrenching Moments from 'Parenthood' That Made You Ugly Cry
- Lindsay Lohan Tries to Pass Off Meeting Fans as Community Service
- More From ET