April 28, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Game of Thrones': How to Deal with Sansa Stark in Winterfell
- 'The Voice' Predictions: Who Will Be in the Top 6?
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Top 8 Performance Rankings
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle and Alexis Team Up to Catch a Killer
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.21 Photos: Oliver Joins the League of Assassins
- More From BuddyTV
- Sam Smith Cancels Tour: 'I Have Been Vocally Exhausted for a While Now'
- 2015 Tony Awards: Hollywood Dominates with Noms for Bradley Cooper, Helen Mirren & More
- John Stamos Calls 'Bullsh**' on Olsen Twins' 'Full House' Reboot Claims
- Gisele Bundchen Poses Completely Nude for 'Vogue Brasil'
- Hollywood's Hottest Bikini Bods
- More From ET