April 23, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 5th 2008 10:41AM
"You didn't do it for the justice system. You did it to close your case."
(S04E04) Nobody would ever doubt that Chief Brenda Johnson is a smart woman, but how smart was it of her to use Fritz the way she did? That's the question I came away with after seeing this episode. Is closing a case so important for the closer that she'd mess up her personal relationship?
Fritz was rightfully incensed by Brenda's tactics, and yet I could see it from her point of view, too. I guess that's why The Closer remains such a good drama -- the conflicts are real and there are no easy answers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 6 Song Spoilers!
- Did You Fall For MTV's Faking It?
- The Voice Top 12 Results Recap: Did the Right Contestants Get Cut This Week? [Updated]
- Glee Recap: 'Tonight, You Are a Star'
- NBC's Crossbones Sets Sail With First Trailer: See John Malkovich as Blackbeard
- More From TVLine
- Has Nicki Ever Been 'The Other Woman'? Lance Bass Gets the Dirt
- 5 Seconds of Summer Remember Their Big Break
- Is Tori Spelling Sharing Too Much About Husband's Cheating?
- Stephen Colbert Tells David Letterman His Plan for 'Late Show'
- Minaj on 'Housewives' Fight: 'Someone Would of Got Knocked Upside the Head'
- More From ET