May 26, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 5th 2008 10:41AM
"You didn't do it for the justice system. You did it to close your case."
(S04E04) Nobody would ever doubt that Chief Brenda Johnson is a smart woman, but how smart was it of her to use Fritz the way she did? That's the question I came away with after seeing this episode. Is closing a case so important for the closer that she'd mess up her personal relationship?
Fritz was rightfully incensed by Brenda's tactics, and yet I could see it from her point of view, too. I guess that's why The Closer remains such a good drama -- the conflicts are real and there are no easy answers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Former Bunhead Emma Dumont Talks Coming of Age in NBC's Aquarius
- Ratings: Battle Creek Flat With Series Finale, NASCAR Dominates Night
- American Horror Story: Hotel's Latest Guest: New Girl's Max Greenfield
- Once's Merlin, Empire's Own Iggy, Arrow's Darhk Foe and 26 More Homes for Stars of Cancelled Shows
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- More From TVLine
- Josh Groban on his Nerd Bond with Girlfriend Kat Dennings: We Talk About Monty Python
- Katy Perry Says She Hasn't Heard from Russell Brand Since He Texted About Divorcing
- 'New Girl' Star Max Greenfield is 'Checking in' to 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Stars Share Special Messages for Memorial Day
- Debby Ryan On Sexism in the Industry: 'I've Had a Hard Road'
- More From ET