March 19 will mark the 3 year anniversary of Operation Iraqi Freedom. The first year anniversary was paper, the second anniversary was (we were hoping for) oil, and the third year anniversary will be Operation Swarmer, the largest air assault since Shock and Awe. Happy anniversary! "It's our way of telling Iraq we would do it all over again..."
Jon Stewart started off by wishing us a Happy Valentine's Day and hopes that we're all getting laid ("Consider us foreplay this evening"). Aww, cheers, Jon. Same to you.
As if TDS didn't rub it in Cheney's face enough in the last episode, they brought it up again: Vice President Dick Cheney shot a 78 year-old man in the face because he mistook him for a bird. Well, it turns out it was a lot worse than they had previously stated. In actuality, Vice President Dick Cheney shot a 78 year-old man from the side and then up to the face (birdshots spray). Holy crap.
Well, it was no surprise that the first news to be reported was "Cheney's Got A Gun". Vice President Dick Cheney shot a 78 year-old man. In the face. While quail-hunting. The face. While quail-hunting. The injured man, Harry Whittington, is the first person to be shot by a sitting Veep since Alexander Hamilton. At least the Aaron Burr story had some good meat to it... The Hamilton/Burr fight was over political maneuvering, but the Cheney/Whittington case was that Cheney mistook Whittington for a bird.
"The Great Firewall of China": Google has agreed to censor their Chinese websearches. That's a little... strange. Jon tested out the new censored Google by running a search for "underage Asian beaver" and clicking "I'm feeling undying obedience to our fearless leader". Up came a Beijing Online article about the high birth rate of beavers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Contestants from 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 12
- 'Castle' 6.19 Photos: Captain Gates Gets a Visit from Her Estranged Sister
- 'Grimm' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Moments of Desperation or Hope
- 'Once Upon a Time': 16 Moments of Good, Evil and Shock in 'New York City Serenade'
- More From BuddyTV
- Jimmy Kimmel likes Austin and SXSW ... and its BBQ. A lot.
- 'Believe': J.J. Abrams and Alfonso Cuaron create families under fantastical circumstances
- 'Dallas': AnnaLynne McCord honors 'the good ol' South'
- 'Cosmos': Watch President Barack Obama's video introduction
- 'True Detective' Season 2 will be about 'hard women' and will 'keep being strange'
- More From Zap2it
- ABC Family Sets Summer Premieres For Pretty Little Liars, 90210 Gals' Mystery Girls and More
- Orphan Black Season 2 Trailer: New Enemies Attack Sarah & Co. — Plus: A [Spoiler] Clone?!
- Cable Ratings: True Detective Finale Draws Record Crowd; Plus Lindsay's Premiere Numbers
- Exclusive Twisted Sneak Peek: Danny Makes a Surprising Confession About Vikram's Death
- Pilot News: Psych's James Roday Joins CBS Relationship Comedy Good Session
- More From TVLine