August 1, 2015
by Adam Finley, posted Aug 19th 2006 1:01PM
FOX has become the next network to offer some of its shows online, but it's doing it a little bit differently. Rather than streaming the shows on its own site, FOX is offering them on the sites of stations the network owns, with future plans to have the shows eventually offered on affiliate sites, as well. As of right now, sites for stations in Boston, Dallas, New York, Washington DC, Orlando, Birmingham, Los Angeles, Greensboro, and Tampa Bay will stream episodes of Prison Break, Stacked, Bones, American Dad, and The Loop. FOX is also offering downloads on it's MySpace and IGN sites, as Anna mentioned earlier. The network is definitely taking a different approach with this than others are, and it will be interesting to see how it all works out.
by Adam Finley, posted Apr 20th 2006 9:19AM
If you've ever wished there was a way to kill time while pumping gas, other than staring off into space and picking your nose, which is my preferred method of killing time, NBC Universal Television Stations group and VST Media Network may have a solution for you. They're equipping gas pumps in select areas with tiny screens which will broadcast three-minute news, sports, and entertainment briefs in markets with affiliate stations owned and operated by NBC. Right now only people in Los Angeles can see the screens, though more are expected to pop up in San Francisco and San Diego this year. The screens will eventually be added to other gas stations across the country. Apparently, the three-minute length is how long it takes to fill a typical gas tank. I wonder if they'll have longer versions for truck drivers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 6 Nominees?
- 'The Originals' Interview: Danielle Campbell Teases Davina in Her Role as Regent
- Why 'BoJack Horseman' Is the Best Netflix Original You're Not Watching
- More From BuddyTV
- Game of Thrones Casts Ian McShane in Season 6 Mystery Role
- PBS Announces Premiere Date for Downton Abbey's Final Season
- Stitchers Finale Video: Emma Ishta Promises Big Answers, Possible Death
- Degrassi Series Finale Recap: Indecent Promposals
- American Crime Adds André Benjamin in 'Fierce' Season 2 Role
- More From TVLine
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Intimate Memorial Service Focuses on Family, Music and Spirituality
- Scott Disick May Regret Kourtney Kardashian Split: 'The Grass Isn't Always Greener'
- Bobbi Kristina's Aunt Leolah Brown Thrown Out of Funeral After Outburst
- Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross Reveal Newborn Daughter's Rockstar Name
- Charlize Theron Adopts Second Child, a Baby Girl -- Find Out Her Name!
- More From ET