by Adam Finley, posted Aug 19th 2006 1:01PM
FOX has become the next network to offer some of its shows online, but it's doing it a little bit differently. Rather than streaming the shows on its own site, FOX is offering them on the sites of stations the network owns, with future plans to have the shows eventually offered on affiliate sites, as well. As of right now, sites for stations in Boston, Dallas, New York, Washington DC, Orlando, Birmingham, Los Angeles, Greensboro, and Tampa Bay will stream episodes of Prison Break, Stacked, Bones, American Dad, and The Loop. FOX is also offering downloads on it's MySpace and IGN sites, as Anna mentioned earlier. The network is definitely taking a different approach with this than others are, and it will be interesting to see how it all works out.
by Adam Finley, posted Apr 20th 2006 9:19AM
If you've ever wished there was a way to kill time while pumping gas, other than staring off into space and picking your nose, which is my preferred method of killing time, NBC Universal Television Stations group and VST Media Network may have a solution for you. They're equipping gas pumps in select areas with tiny screens which will broadcast three-minute news, sports, and entertainment briefs in markets with affiliate stations owned and operated by NBC. Right now only people in Los Angeles can see the screens, though more are expected to pop up in San Francisco and San Diego this year. The screens will eventually be added to other gas stations across the country. Apparently, the three-minute length is how long it takes to fill a typical gas tank. I wonder if they'll have longer versions for truck drivers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Finale: 7 Burning Questions for Season 2
- 'Hannibal': 21 Creepy Moments from 'Trou Normand'
- 'Nashville' Music Videos: Juliette's 'Nothing In This World' & Avery and Scarlett's 'Moon is High'
- Blake Shelton Organizes Benefit Concert for Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- 'The Glades' Season 4 Preview: The Proposal Cliffhanger, a Time Jump and Jim as a Step-Dad
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Fresh Prince' reunion: Will Smith does theme song rap with Alfonso Ribeiro and DJ Jazzy Jeff
- 'Real Housewives of New York': LuAnn de Lesseps may not return due to salary conflict
- NBC schedules Oklahoma Tornado benefit concert; 'Cult' returns to CW schedule
- Reality TV pioneer Mike Darnell leaves FOX: 'It has truly been an amazing ride'
- 'The Originals' new premiere episode: What's coming for 'The Vampire Diaries' spinoff?
- More From Zap2it
- Video: Arrested Development Faves Reveal Everything (and Nothing) About the New Season
- Rookie Blue Sneak Peek: Andy Meets Sam's New Girlfriend, Gets Awkward With Her Ex
- New Spoiler Alert!: Rating the Season Finales of Nashville, Scandal, Grey's and More! Plus — Is Revenge Plotting a Cruel Bait-and-Switch?
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes
- Fox's Top Reality Exec Mike Darnell to Depart Amid Major American Idol Overhaul
- More From TVLine