October 9, 2015
by Adam Finley, posted Aug 19th 2006 1:01PM
FOX has become the next network to offer some of its shows online, but it's doing it a little bit differently. Rather than streaming the shows on its own site, FOX is offering them on the sites of stations the network owns, with future plans to have the shows eventually offered on affiliate sites, as well. As of right now, sites for stations in Boston, Dallas, New York, Washington DC, Orlando, Birmingham, Los Angeles, Greensboro, and Tampa Bay will stream episodes of Prison Break, Stacked, Bones, American Dad, and The Loop. FOX is also offering downloads on it's MySpace and IGN sites, as Anna mentioned earlier. The network is definitely taking a different approach with this than others are, and it will be interesting to see how it all works out.
by Adam Finley, posted Apr 20th 2006 9:19AM
If you've ever wished there was a way to kill time while pumping gas, other than staring off into space and picking your nose, which is my preferred method of killing time, NBC Universal Television Stations group and VST Media Network may have a solution for you. They're equipping gas pumps in select areas with tiny screens which will broadcast three-minute news, sports, and entertainment briefs in markets with affiliate stations owned and operated by NBC. Right now only people in Los Angeles can see the screens, though more are expected to pop up in San Francisco and San Diego this year. The screens will eventually be added to other gas stations across the country. Apparently, the three-minute length is how long it takes to fill a typical gas tank. I wonder if they'll have longer versions for truck drivers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Grey's Anatomy' Quotes from 'I Choose You'
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from ?Paris Is Burning?
- 'The Amazing Race' Leg 3 Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home Next?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 22 Prediction: Who Will Be Sent Home in Week 10?
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 7.4 Photos: The Heaven and Hell Ball
- More From BuddyTV
- Winona Ryder Feels Bad Confirming ‘Beetlejuice 2': ‘Seth Sort of Cornered Me'
- Katy Perry Reveals Her Taste in Men: 'I'm Not into That F**kboy Look'
- EXCLUSIVE: Frances Bean Cobain Steps Out With Wedding Band
- Hilary Swank in ‘Fast & Furious'?! Tyrese Says It Almost Happened
- Ellen Pompeo Slams Daniel Craig: 'Dude Needs a Reality Check'
- More From ET