May 29, 2015
by Adam Finley, posted Aug 19th 2006 1:01PM
FOX has become the next network to offer some of its shows online, but it's doing it a little bit differently. Rather than streaming the shows on its own site, FOX is offering them on the sites of stations the network owns, with future plans to have the shows eventually offered on affiliate sites, as well. As of right now, sites for stations in Boston, Dallas, New York, Washington DC, Orlando, Birmingham, Los Angeles, Greensboro, and Tampa Bay will stream episodes of Prison Break, Stacked, Bones, American Dad, and The Loop. FOX is also offering downloads on it's MySpace and IGN sites, as Anna mentioned earlier. The network is definitely taking a different approach with this than others are, and it will be interesting to see how it all works out.
by Adam Finley, posted Apr 20th 2006 9:19AM
If you've ever wished there was a way to kill time while pumping gas, other than staring off into space and picking your nose, which is my preferred method of killing time, NBC Universal Television Stations group and VST Media Network may have a solution for you. They're equipping gas pumps in select areas with tiny screens which will broadcast three-minute news, sports, and entertainment briefs in markets with affiliate stations owned and operated by NBC. Right now only people in Los Angeles can see the screens, though more are expected to pop up in San Francisco and San Diego this year. The screens will eventually be added to other gas stations across the country. Apparently, the three-minute length is how long it takes to fill a typical gas tank. I wonder if they'll have longer versions for truck drivers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 15 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2015
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Woman in the Whirlpool'
- 'The Whispers' Season Premiere and Cast Photos
- 'UnREAL' Cast Photos: Meet the Bachelor, Contestants and Production Folks from 'Everlasting'
- The 9 Most Shocking Things on 'Wayward Pines' So Far
- More From BuddyTV
- Empire Sets Season 2 Premiere Date
- Was Schumer Too Easy on Cosby? Is Orphan Sarah Now Love-less? Scariest Wayward Reality? And More TV Qs
- Suits Season 5 Enlists The Last Ship's John Pyper-Ferguson to Recur
- Boom! Sneak Peek: Did Someone Say 'Beef Stroganoff Gravy Bomb'?
- Wayward Pines Sneak Peek: Is Ethan Prepared to Lay Down the Law?
- More From TVLine
- Complete List of Advertisers Who've Stopped Sponsoring '19 Kids and Counting'
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch Up for Sale for a Whopping $100 Million
- Exclusive First Look: Matthew Fox and Jeffrey Donovan Face a New Breed of Zombie in ‘Extinction'
- You Need to Watch This Woman's Epic Sign Language Performance of Eminem's 'Lose Yourself'
- How David Oyelowo Is Challenging Himself and the Status Quo
- More From ET