Painkiller Jane, SciFi's new series based on the comic by Jimmy Palmiotti and Joe Quesada, will premiere April 13 at 10:00 p.m. The series will focus on the titular character (played by Kristanna Loken) a woman who can regenerate from any injury, but still feels pain. She hunts Neuros, humans with super-mental powers, for a secret agency.
(S02E07) The first thing I noticed about this episode was the opening. As far as I know, this is the first time creator Dino Stamatopoulos wasn't credited with writing the episode. Instead, that credit went to Mark Rivers, who composes the music for the series.
At this point, I think fans of Moral Orel have come down off the high of the first season and have settled in to simply enjoying the show. We're more familiar with it now, but it's still smart and funny, and manages to go places you don't expect. When this latest episode began, it had a very "first season" feel to it: Orel hears Reverend Putty's sermon and takes the lesson to heart. I settled in for an enjoyable if not familiar episode, but by the end of it I was laughing so hard I had to take anti-laughing pills to stop.
A British study of 69 children ages 7 to 12 found that the kids, when having blood samples drawn, experienced less pain if they were watching cartoons than when their own mothers tried to soothe them. My first inclination, which was also echoed by Dr. Brenda McClain of Yale University, is that when a parent is obviously trying to console a child, the child becomes more anxious because they believe something must really be wrong. Kids tend to be smarter than people give them credit for, and they pick up on things like that. Nevertheless, other researchers insist that this means television is having more of an impact on kids than their own parents. I don't see it as anything so dramatic, but what do you guys, especially those of you with kids, think? I just wonder when the kids get to have their revenge and jab the researchers with sharp objects. It seems only fair.
[via Lost Remote]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.5 Photos: Felicity's Origin Story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.9 Photos: Conflict and Heartache Strike SAMCRO
- 'The 100' Episode 2.3 Photos: Clarke and Anya Attempt an Escape
- 'Reign' Episode 2.6 Photos: Mary and Catherine on the Run
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Corpse at the Convention'
- More From BuddyTV
- Grimm Post Mortem: Claire Coffee on Vengeance, Vermin &'Gossipy' Wesen
- NBC Recast Scoop: Uma Thurman In, Mary-Louise Parker Out in The Slap
- Sharon Stone to Play Female Veep in TNT's Newly Greenlit Agent X
- Bad Judge and A to Z Cancelled by NBC
- The Originals Photos: Esther Tortures Elijah — Plus: Her Master Plan Revealed
- More From TVLine
- What Really Happened While Making ‘Honey Boo Boo'
- 30 Years Later, ‘CHiPs' Cast Reunites
- Snooki Opens Up About Her New Baby, Upcoming Wedding and Not Having Sex
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- 19 Rules Everyone Should Follow on Halloween (Yes, That Means You Too)
- More From ET