Painkiller Jane, SciFi's new series based on the comic by Jimmy Palmiotti and Joe Quesada, will premiere April 13 at 10:00 p.m. The series will focus on the titular character (played by Kristanna Loken) a woman who can regenerate from any injury, but still feels pain. She hunts Neuros, humans with super-mental powers, for a secret agency.
(S02E07) The first thing I noticed about this episode was the opening. As far as I know, this is the first time creator Dino Stamatopoulos wasn't credited with writing the episode. Instead, that credit went to Mark Rivers, who composes the music for the series.
At this point, I think fans of Moral Orel have come down off the high of the first season and have settled in to simply enjoying the show. We're more familiar with it now, but it's still smart and funny, and manages to go places you don't expect. When this latest episode began, it had a very "first season" feel to it: Orel hears Reverend Putty's sermon and takes the lesson to heart. I settled in for an enjoyable if not familiar episode, but by the end of it I was laughing so hard I had to take anti-laughing pills to stop.
A British study of 69 children ages 7 to 12 found that the kids, when having blood samples drawn, experienced less pain if they were watching cartoons than when their own mothers tried to soothe them. My first inclination, which was also echoed by Dr. Brenda McClain of Yale University, is that when a parent is obviously trying to console a child, the child becomes more anxious because they believe something must really be wrong. Kids tend to be smarter than people give them credit for, and they pick up on things like that. Nevertheless, other researchers insist that this means television is having more of an impact on kids than their own parents. I don't see it as anything so dramatic, but what do you guys, especially those of you with kids, think? I just wonder when the kids get to have their revenge and jab the researchers with sharp objects. It seems only fair.
[via Lost Remote]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Semifinals Part 2 Performance Rankings
- 'Bones' Season 10 Cast Photos
- 'Criminal Minds' Season 10 Premiere Photos: Jennifer Love Hewitt Joins the Team as Kate Callahan
- 'The Good Wife' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Alicia Says No!
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 10 Photo Booth Gallery
- More From BuddyTV
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 Promo Features Bang-in' Skye, Kick-Ass May
- Mom Casts Sara Rue as [Spoiler]'s Girlfriend, Ed Asner as New Neighbor
- Gang Related Cut After One Season
- Supernatural Season 10 Poster Promises Demonic Struggles
- More From TVLine
- Why Mark Wahlberg Didn't Attend His Brothers Wedding to Jenny McCarthy
- Shemar Moore Dishes Long-Awaited 'Y&R' Return
- Scott Bakula 'Leaps' into 'NCIS: New Orleans'
- Watch the Heartwarming Moment a Mother With Alzheimer's Recognizes Her Daughter Again
- Meghan Trainor Bares All: Her Unexpected Big Break, Being Bullied and Embracing Her Body
- More From ET