Painkiller Jane, SciFi's new series based on the comic by Jimmy Palmiotti and Joe Quesada, will premiere April 13 at 10:00 p.m. The series will focus on the titular character (played by Kristanna Loken) a woman who can regenerate from any injury, but still feels pain. She hunts Neuros, humans with super-mental powers, for a secret agency.
(S02E07) The first thing I noticed about this episode was the opening. As far as I know, this is the first time creator Dino Stamatopoulos wasn't credited with writing the episode. Instead, that credit went to Mark Rivers, who composes the music for the series.
At this point, I think fans of Moral Orel have come down off the high of the first season and have settled in to simply enjoying the show. We're more familiar with it now, but it's still smart and funny, and manages to go places you don't expect. When this latest episode began, it had a very "first season" feel to it: Orel hears Reverend Putty's sermon and takes the lesson to heart. I settled in for an enjoyable if not familiar episode, but by the end of it I was laughing so hard I had to take anti-laughing pills to stop.
A British study of 69 children ages 7 to 12 found that the kids, when having blood samples drawn, experienced less pain if they were watching cartoons than when their own mothers tried to soothe them. My first inclination, which was also echoed by Dr. Brenda McClain of Yale University, is that when a parent is obviously trying to console a child, the child becomes more anxious because they believe something must really be wrong. Kids tend to be smarter than people give them credit for, and they pick up on things like that. Nevertheless, other researchers insist that this means television is having more of an impact on kids than their own parents. I don't see it as anything so dramatic, but what do you guys, especially those of you with kids, think? I just wonder when the kids get to have their revenge and jab the researchers with sharp objects. It seems only fair.
[via Lost Remote]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Hannibal Finale Post Mortem: Bryan Fuller on Will/Lecter Love, Bedelia's Last Supper, That Siouxsie Sioux Jam
- Alison Brie and Cast of Teachers Preview 'Shocking' TV Land Comedy
- Downton Abbey Trailer Tees Up Bittersweet Final Season
- Elementary Casts Shohreh Aghdashloo as Papa Holmes' Associate
- Blunt Talk Sneak Peek: Harry Chandler, Reluctant Porn Star?
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Khloe Kardashian Spills on Fireworks Fiasco at Boyfriend's Yacht Party: 'No One Would Just Take That Risk'
- 11 Most Daring Celebrity Swimsuit Moments of the Summer
- EXCLUSIVE: Kris Jenner Sets the Story Straight on Her Kids' Rumors — And Why She Fell Asleep on Kanye West!
- Josh Duggar's Sister Jessa Speaks at Southern Women's Show, Opens Up About Her Home Life
- One Direction's Liam Payne Turns 22! Look Back at 7 of His Hottest Moments
- More From ET