He landed his own short-lived sitcom on CBS, thanks to David Letterman, called Welcome to New York and a co-starring role on the hit TBS' dramedy My Boys, which returns for a third season on March 31.
He also racked up a long resume of funny and dramatic roles on hit shows like Sex and the City, Flight of the Conchords, and That 70's Show. He is also one of the few actors to score appearances on all of the Law & Order series if you don't count the spinoff that hardcore L&O cultists are forbidden to say out loud.
The number of sly references in the three-parter is dazzling as are such jaunty songs as "Not Going to Get Me Down This Year" and "Christmas is the Palest Time of Year." So, move over Scrubs' Charlie Brown Xmas and SNL's "Dick in a Box," the "Pale Force Christmas" episode has entered the favorite holiday viral race.
Comedian Jim Gaffigan's animated shorts, "Pale Force," which he's been showing on Late Night with Conan O'Brien since 2005, are coming to NBC.com/Conan as a series of 90-second webisodes. Starting tomorrow evening, Gaffigan will debut the first part of a two-part episode on Conan that will conclude online the following day. Special online-only episodes will debut on the Late Night Web site every Friday, and Gaffigan will appear on the show once a month to reveal yet another two-parter with the second part appearing online the next day. "Pale Force" is about a hunky super hero played by Jim Gaffigan and his sidekick, Conan O'Brien. The two men fight crime using the power of their pasty white skin. The series is drawn by New Yorker cartoonist Paul Noth. YouTube has a few episodes of the series.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Pilot News: NCIS Alum To Star in Shonda Rhimes' The Catch
- Vikings' Kevin Durand: The 'Enchanting' Wanderer 'Definitely Leaves His Mark'
- Sneak Peek: Ultimate Spider-Man Gets Put in His Place by Spider-Girl
- Pilot News: Tales From the Darkside Reboot at The CW Finds Its Lead
- Ratings: The Voice Rises, Boosts Chicago Fire; S.H.I.E.L.D. Returns Down
- More From TVLine
- Jessica Simpson Is Back In Daisy Dukes (And Looks Even Better!) a Decade Later
- Star Sightings
- Taylor Swift Grants Terminally Ill 4-Year-Old's Final Wish
- Adam Levine's Reaction to a 10-Year-Old Fan with Down Syndrome Will Make You Love Him Even More
- Karrueche Tran Responds to Reports That Chris Brown Has a 9-Month-Old Daughter
- More From ET