May 4, 2015
parasitic conjoined twin
by Jane Boursaw, posted Oct 20th 2009 2:02PM
You see some amazing stuff on the National Geographic Channel, and one of the most watched videos on SlashControl right now is "The Girl With Eight Limbs."
It tells the story of Lakshmi Tatma, a girl born with four arms and four legs, who also carries a rare parasitic conjoined twin that could kill her. The episode delves into the fact that the people in Lakshmi's village actually revere her, because they see her as the Hindu Goddess of Wealth and Fortune in human form.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.4 Photos: Sarah, Alison and Helena Run Into Trouble
- 'Backstrom': Ranking All the Episodes of Season 1
- 'The Originals' Recap: Has Klaus Really Turned Against His Family?
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: America's Choice and the Trio Challenge
- 'The Voice' Recap: The Top 6 Perform And One Artists Steals The Show
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Recap: Not Ready for Crimetime — Plus, Did Martha Move You?
- The Voice Recap: Pumped-Up Six
- Vera Farmiga and Nestor Carbonell Bicker About the Bates Motel Brawl That Left One of Them Hurting
- Gotham Finale Post Mortem: Scoop on Bruce's Discovery, Fish's Fate, The Riddler's Mania, Mr. Freeze and More
- Nashville Finale Photos: Juliette's Last Straw, Deacon's Last Chance?
- More From TVLine
- 'DWTS' Season 20: Week 8 Heats Up With Passionate Performances
- Rihanna Shuts Down 2015 Met Gala Red Carpet With Epic Yellow Cape
- Kim Kardashian Is Nearly Nude at 2015 Met Gala
- Robert Pattinson and FKA Twigs (in a Penis Dress) Make Their Red Carpet Debut as a Couple
- Dakota Johnson Is Still in 'Fifty Shades' Mode at 2015 Met Gala
- More From ET