Never one to shy away from controversy, Bonaduce addressed Dey's absence first. "The only way you can reach Susan Dey is, I think, by teleprompter. She does not come out of the cave as far as I can tell," he said.
Watch the video after the jump.
Where are 'The Partridge Family' stars now? They invited you to 'C'mon Get Happy,' but did the cast of 'The Partridge Family' follow its own advice? David Cassidy, Danny Bonaduce, Brian Forster and Suzanne Crough are among the stars of the classic 1970s musical sitcom that reunited this morning on NBC's 'Today.'
Some of the TV family members have stayed in the public eye since their days of donning crushed velvet and singing 'I Think I Love You,' while others have long since gotten off the pop culture bus. Here's where the Partridges flew following the cancellation of the series in 1974.
I don't know why I haven't bought any of the Bewitched sets yet. It's one of my favorite sitcoms, but I think it has gotten so far into the releases (this week it's season 7) that I've convinced myself that there will be a complete series set and that I should wait for it. But I'm tempted to buy this set because it features an entire episode set and filmed in my hometown!
As for the Columbo movie set, well, I have to buy that now because I just bought the entire series on DVD.
- Afro Samurai - Resurrection (regular set and special editions)
- Becker - Season 2
- Bewitched - Season 7
- Columbo - Mystery Movie Collection: 1990
- Dave's World - Season 2
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Vol. 14
- Night Court - Season 2
- The Partridge Family - Season 4
- Tom and Jerry Tales - Vol. 6
Variety reports that The Partridge Family is getting a "tongue-in-cheek, modern-day" remake. A former Cashmere Mafia writer is on board and insiders say the project will be getting a network deal soon.
Meanwhile, E! Online has scoop from former Melrose Place star Lisa Rinna that the soapy drama might follow in 90210's footsteps at the CW, though that network denies the rumor.
After you have spent as many hours watching TV as I have, you grow immune to the out of date idea that television rots your brain or that it's the opiate of the masses or any of the other nonsense that has been spouted throughout the years. However, even though I love television and make no excuses for that love, there are a few shows that I am almost ashamed to say that I love. Here are the top five shows that I can't get enough of.
1. Big Brother
I look forward to this show every summer. Ever since season two, when Dr. Will showed that it's possible to be the biggest prick in the house and still win, I am always amazed by BB.
As many of you may already know, I interviewed Danny Bonaduce during my live show at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre. He shared many great Partridge Family stories. My favorite would have to be how he got the job as Danny. Before he became Danny Partridge he was working with veteran TV director (and Dick Van Dyke's neighbor on The Dick Van Dyke Show) Jerry Paris on a TV movie. They were way behind schedule, and Danny made a joke about how Jerry might be fired if they went over budget. Mr. Paris was not in the mood to be mocked by an eight year old boy so he grabbed Danny's script, ripped out the pages with his dialogue and shouted, "There, we're all caught up now, kid." As horrible as that sounds, Danny insists that Paris felt so bad about the incident that when he auditioned to be a Partridge, Paris, who was directing the pilot, made it up to Danny by casting him as the red-headed scamp we all came to love.
Now on to this week's question...
Like most people, I spend my days trying to figure out how to be more like Keith Partridge. I've tried growing my hair out, learning how to sing, and have even tried unsuccessfully to get adopted by Shirley Jones. As it turns out, I've been going about this the wrong way. All one needs to be just like Keith is to enjoy a bowl of Kellogg's Rice Krispies in the morning. At least, that's what the commercial I placed below seems to indicate.
The name of the show will be Starface and it will follow the revamped Chain Reaction Tuesdays through Saturdays at 9:30 on GSN. It starts on August 1.
[via TV Tattle]
Danny Bonaduce - 38%
Corey Feldman - 38%
Dustin Diamond (Screech, Saved By The Bell) - 15%
Ron Howard - 9%
OK, I can understand some of those, but Opie? Opie?!
Let me start with a confession: I was a huge fan of The Partride Family when I was a kid. I had a Partridge Family lunchbox, I had a massive crush on David Cassidy (and quite a few posters), and Shirley Jones, as the hip family matriarch, along with the ever-sunny Florence Henderson as Carol Brady, were my visions of maternal perfection.
I can't really blame Shirley Jones alone for destroying my happy childhood memories. No, I think a good deal of the blame has to rest on the shoulders of Nicholaus Goosen, the director of the film Grandma's Boy, and the producers behind the film, including Adam Sandler, who ought to know better: first, for making a film with two of my least favorite actors - Rob Schneider and David Spade (in ONE film? Are you people insane?!?), and worse, for including in said film a scene with Shirley Jones having a sex romp with a 24-year-old. Do we really need to see that? I think not.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Penny Dreadful': Which Characters Will Be Back for Season 3?
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Watch 'Chasing Life' Season 2
- 'The Bachelorette' Prediction: Who Will Be Sent Home Week 8?
- Claudia Jordan on Being Fired on 'RHOA': 'It's Not Over Until the Fat Lady Sings'
- 'RHOA' Star Cynthia Bailey: 'The Show Has Never Been About One Person'
- More From BuddyTV
- Supernatural Season 11: The Darkness Invades! — What Happens Next?
- TNT's Public Morals Trailer: Ed Burns Is a Morally Casual Cop in '60s Drama
- The Good Wife Season 7: Makenzie Vega No Longer a Series Regular
- Good Wife Retains Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Season 7 Regular — Is He (Finally) the One for Alicia?
- Guardians of the Galaxy Series Gets Premiere Date, Explosive New Poster
- More From TVLine
- Ciara and Russell Wilson Are Practicing Abstinence, In Case You Were Wondering
- See Khloe Kardashian and James Harden Partying in Las Vegas Together
- This Trailer For 'Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events' Is Amazing – But Totally Fake!
- Amy Schumer's Perfect 'Real Housewives' Audition Will Make You Wish She Was One
- Hugh Jackman's Wife Says He's 'Not Allowed' to Work With Angelina Jolie
- More From ET