Yes, according to The Hollywood Reporter, O'Brien, who has been floating around on the fringes of the entertainment world for two years since leaving 'The Insider' amidst controversy, finally has landed a new gig. And this time it's back where O'Brien first made his name -- the sports world -- as O'Brien will reportedly be joining the Fox Sports radio broadcast 'Loose Cannons.'
The title of the show, of course, will seem all too appropriate to fans who recall the infamous series of events that led to O'Brien's departure, which culminated in a drunken, sexually aggressive voicemail being leaked to the media.
I've written many times here about how much I hate the tabloid shows, whether it's Access Hollywood, TMZ, or Entertainment Tonight. One of the worst is ET's sister show, The Insider. Besides having a despicable host (Pat O'Brien -- what's with that little fake laugh he does all the time?) and the lamest writing this side of a junior high student newspaper, it's also evil and dumb.
Take last night's episode. I don't watch the show, but I didn't get to my remote quick enough to change the channel after the news ended and I caught the teaser opening. They showed singer John Mayer with a gun to his head, a rather raw photograph that looked like it was taken across the street from a bank. Was Mayer being held hostage in a holdup? Was one of Jennifer Aniston's exes there telling him not to see her anymore? OMG! Stay tuned to this breaking news!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- NCIS: Los Angeles Season 6 Sneak Peek: Has Someone Hurt Hetty?!
- Bad Judge First Look: Kate Walsh Gets Wild With Ryan Hansen
- FX Renews Tyrant for Season 2
- Person of Interest Sneak Peek: Meet 'Professor Harold Whistler'
- Mark Burnett, Former Idol Guru Team for 500 Questions Game Show at ABC
- More From TVLine
- Date Night! Jennifer Lawrence Attends Coldplay Concert
- Meghan Trainor Is a Swifty! Watch Her Cover 'Shake It Off'
- Exclusive 'Breaking Amish' Clip: Vonda's Secret
- Ben Affleck Explains Why He Was Banned From Blackjack, Talks Gambling Addiction Rumors
- Grumpy Cat Finds Her Grumpy Voice in 'Parks and Recreation's' Aubrey Plaza
- More From ET