October 9, 2015
by Annie Wu, posted Aug 11th 2008 1:41PM
(S03E11) We haven't seen the entire Venture family really buckle down and do some hardcore adventuring since last season's "Twenty Years to Midnight". This was more of a Da Vinci Code-esque adventure though, in the sense that it also involved mysterious paintings, secret codes, and weird albinos. This was one of the best episodes of the season, finally setting us on the right path to understanding many of the strange revelations from the flashbacks. Plus, it has set the perfect tone for our inevitably epic two-part season finale, starting next week.
by Annie Wu, posted Jul 28th 2008 9:22AM
(S03E09) This was a real treat for all of those that love some old-school Team Venture action ("Action, action, action!"). In this episode, we found past and present protagonists and antagonists meeting for the first time in decades. The action-packed cold open featured Jonas Venture, Sr. as a terribly unconvincing Asian stereotype sporting a nipple on his face. You know, that same old story. Of course, this far-fetched disguise was just another part of the Team's plan to bring down Scaramantula and his Fraternity of Torment, a sort of a not quite as impressive Guild of Calamitous Intent boasting the powers of Brainulo and a young Manotaur.
by Annie Wu, posted Jul 14th 2008 1:24AM
(S03E07) Now, that was a Venture Bros. episode. In fact, throw the cake and eat some confetti, because I think I may have a new addition to my top five favorite episodes. After my less-than-confident review of last week's episode, "Dr. Quymn, Medicine Woman", this was a very pleasant surprise. The episode didn't have any real ties to previous ones, but we got the chance to explore yet another part of the compound and some dark secrets of the original Team Venture.
by Annie Wu, posted Jul 6th 2008 11:58PM
(S03E06) I'm not sure what I just watched, and I'm not sure if I liked it. I recently realized that my anticipation from week to week has been less about looking forward to another episode and more about waiting for something as awesome as "Escape to the House of Mummies, Part II" or "Twenty Years To Midnight" to come along. The show is still amazing and all, but it's not packing the same punch as before. Last season, I had a new favorite just about every week, but this time around, I have to watch the episodes multiple times before I really like it. It's like I've built up a tolerance to The Venture Bros. Soon, I'll have to cop four or five viewings a week, just to get that same high.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 22 Episode 10 Photos: The Models Shoot a Music Video
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Brother in the Basement'
- Best 'Grey's Anatomy' Quotes from 'I Choose You'
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from ?Paris Is Burning?
- 'The Amazing Race' Leg 3 Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home Next?
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars @ NY Comic-Con: Season 6B Premiere Date, 'Ezria's Status, Hanna's 'Baby' and More Scoop
- Ratings: HTGAWM Slips Again, Hits Lows for Third Straight Week
- Rowan Blanchard Previews New Movie Invisible Sister — Plus: Watch a Clip
- Banshee's Final Season Gets Premiere Date
- Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Regina Makes an Eeeevil Promise to Zelena
- More From TVLine
- John Goodman Debuts Dramatic Weight Loss at London Premiere
- Selena Gomez on Being Fat Shamed: My Bikini Was 'a Little Too Small for Me, But I Didn't Care'
- Rumer Willis Recalls Her 'Awful' Audition for Blake Lively's 'Gossip Girl' Role
- Oprah Shares Thanksgiving Hosting Tips, Including a Cocktail Trick From John Travolta
- Kendall Jenner Poses Topless: I'm Washing Away My Sins
- More From ET