May 26, 2015
by Annie Wu, posted Aug 11th 2008 1:41PM
(S03E11) We haven't seen the entire Venture family really buckle down and do some hardcore adventuring since last season's "Twenty Years to Midnight". This was more of a Da Vinci Code-esque adventure though, in the sense that it also involved mysterious paintings, secret codes, and weird albinos. This was one of the best episodes of the season, finally setting us on the right path to understanding many of the strange revelations from the flashbacks. Plus, it has set the perfect tone for our inevitably epic two-part season finale, starting next week.
by Annie Wu, posted Jul 28th 2008 9:22AM
(S03E09) This was a real treat for all of those that love some old-school Team Venture action ("Action, action, action!"). In this episode, we found past and present protagonists and antagonists meeting for the first time in decades. The action-packed cold open featured Jonas Venture, Sr. as a terribly unconvincing Asian stereotype sporting a nipple on his face. You know, that same old story. Of course, this far-fetched disguise was just another part of the Team's plan to bring down Scaramantula and his Fraternity of Torment, a sort of a not quite as impressive Guild of Calamitous Intent boasting the powers of Brainulo and a young Manotaur.
by Annie Wu, posted Jul 14th 2008 1:24AM
(S03E07) Now, that was a Venture Bros. episode. In fact, throw the cake and eat some confetti, because I think I may have a new addition to my top five favorite episodes. After my less-than-confident review of last week's episode, "Dr. Quymn, Medicine Woman", this was a very pleasant surprise. The episode didn't have any real ties to previous ones, but we got the chance to explore yet another part of the compound and some dark secrets of the original Team Venture.
by Annie Wu, posted Jul 6th 2008 11:58PM
(S03E06) I'm not sure what I just watched, and I'm not sure if I liked it. I recently realized that my anticipation from week to week has been less about looking forward to another episode and more about waiting for something as awesome as "Escape to the House of Mummies, Part II" or "Twenty Years To Midnight" to come along. The show is still amazing and all, but it's not packing the same punch as before. Last season, I had a new favorite just about every week, but this time around, I have to watch the episodes multiple times before I really like it. It's like I've built up a tolerance to The Venture Bros. Soon, I'll have to cop four or five viewings a week, just to get that same high.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 15 Best Returning Shows of Summer 2015
- Meet the Top 22 of 'MasterChef' Season 6
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Interview: Sasha Pieterse on Charles, the 'Darkest Season' Yet and More
- Casting Bits: 'Heroes Reborn' Adds 'Orphan Black' Actor, Matthew Goode Leaves 'Good Wife' and Max Greenfield Joins 'AHS: Hotel'
- [Videos] 'America's Got Talent' Season 10 Premiere Preview: Explosives, Makeovers and Make Outs
- More From BuddyTV
- Aquarius: David Duchovny, Cast Talk 'Tragic' Charles Manson Drama
- American Idol's Clark Beckham Talks 'Sunday Morning' Chords, Police Lyrics, His Big Battle With Scott Borchetta
- TVLine Items: Seacrest Plays Host Again, Critics' Choice Honorees & More
- Bones Sneak Peek: Booth and Brennan Take Time Apart... In Separate Homes!
- Amy Schumer, the Next Bachelorette? ABC Wants Her, and So Do We
- More From TVLine
- 'Emoji,' 'Photobomb,' 'WTF' and More Hip Internet Phrases Officially Added to Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- Top 10 Scandals of 2015 So Far
- Kylie Jenner Almost Flashes Her Boobs in Sexy Summer Photoshoot
- Chrissy Teigen's Topless Shoot Hits 'DuJour' -- See the NSFW Photos!
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers Apologizes for 'Minor Relapse'
- More From ET