Experts from all kinds of pop culture web sites -- including our own King of TV Paul Goebel right here on TV Squad -- have contributed to the quizzes. And you can actually win some cool stuff -- iPod nano, one-year subscription to Netflix, $1,000 -- if you're smart enough. I, sadly, am not. I was severely slapped down by the quiz I took. I dare you to try and do better! I'm going back to the books before my next shot!
Hello, everyone. Are you enjoying your Saturday? That's great. Here's some funny videos I found:
First of all, our own Paul Goebel is doing a series of funny vlogs for NBC's DotComedy as The Remote Controller. He's already predicted the demise of FOX's Drive before anyone else. Will he use his Nostradamus-like skills to make even more chilling predictions? Who knows?
Have you been watching Human Giant on MTV? You should, it's a damn funny show. Check out this sketch of one of the most intense job interview you'll ever witness. It'll make you "put on your marshmallow pants and hit the boo-hoo button."
At least once a week, someone will write me an email asking me to "settle a bet" or "ease their mind" about some trivia question that they can't seem to find the answer to. I'm also happy to use my knowledge to help out in any way I can.
On my own weekly podcast, I always ask a trivia question that I consider to be somewhat simple although difficult to research online. Rarely do I get a correct answer. So I thought I would use the TV Squad forum to give readers a chance to answer the trivia questions as well.
So here is the first question inspired by the great Boston Legal episode, 'Son of the Defender'. Good luck.
Shortly after I moved to Hollywood, I went on a very important audition. I didn't know it at the time but it would be an audition that changed my perception of Hollywood.
It was the afternoon and I was meeting with the casting director for a straight to cable movie. For this particular audition, I was wearing, what I call, my Masters jacket. It's a green suit jacket that looks great on me, if I do say so myself. The reading went great and I was asked to come back later to audition for the director. As I was leaving, the casting director said to me, "Nice jacket." to which I replied, "Thanks, I just won the Masters." She laughed and I figured that this audition was in the bag. Then came the callback.
In the first scene we find out that Jake (Skeet Ulrich) is a licensed pilot and he's in desperate need of a job. Doesn't he know there's plenty of money to be made as a Johnny Depp impersonator?
Recently I mentioned a smallish get-together of a few of the cast members of Freaks and Geeks at the UCB Theater in Los Angeles as part of Paul Goebel's "King of TV" stage show. If you weren't in Los Angeles when that all went down, you can now listen to an audio recording of the event via Goebel's podcast. Find out what the kids are up to now, what it was like working on the show, and why Busy Philipps hates That 70s Show and only did Love, Inc. because she needed the money. They also play a quiz game with members of the audience. It sounds like the whole night was quite a blast. Oh yeah, and there's also a visit from someone doing a bad impression of Charles Nelson Reilly.
You might not recognize the name Paul Goebel, but you may recognize his face. Than again, maybe not. However, if you were a fan of Comedy Central's short-lived game show Beat the Geeks, you'll remember Paul as the "TV Geek" who knew more about television than any sane person should. Paul is also a stand-up comedian and pops up occasional here and there on various shows. He also has a Web site and podcast where he interviews different TV personalities. If you haven't checked either of them out, you should. His interviews are both funny and informative, since he himself is a TV fanatic and actually knows what the heck he's talking about. Check out his site for interviews with Danny Bonaduce and Andy Richter, among others.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Summer Projects: What Are Your Favorite TV Stars Up To?
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Vicki and Meghan Butt Heads About Maternal Love
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Hurricane Clare Gains Strength and the First Elimination
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Recap: The Top 16 Dance and Two Go Home
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 6?
- More From BuddyTV
- Arrow's Stephen Amell, WWE's Stardust Take Their Feud to RAW
- UnREAL Finale: EP Marti Noxon Talks Rachel's 'Walter White' Moment, 'Complicated' Future With Quinn
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: (G)Hosts With the Most
- Significant Mother: Did the New Cougar Comedy Leave You Hot or Bothered?
- Supergirl: Jenna Dewan-Tatum to Recur as Lucy Lane, Jimmy Olsen's Ex
- More From TVLine
- Jenna Dewan Tatum Is Making Her Superhero Debut!
- 11 Times Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale Got Real About Their Marriage and Kids
- Virgin 'Bachelor' Star Says She Wants to Have Sex on 'Bachelor in Paradise'
- 'Fantastic Four' Star Kate Mara on Lack of Female Superheroes: 'Hopefully That'll Change'
- Stars Share Pics of Their Cute Kids
- More From ET