March 12, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Nov 4th 2009 7:29PM
Even though the show has been on forever, I still enjoy my weekly dose of the new South Parks. But lately, they seem to be running out of targets or have narrowed their focus too much on one particular evil: reality television.
The season opener featured a rather nasty swipe at Disney's Jonas Brothers. The recent "Dead Celebrities" chortle-fest took a much needed pot shot at Ghost Hunters, aka, "the gayest f#*$ing show on television." And last week launched an all out attack on Discovery's Whale Wars and Deadliest Catch, particularly against Whale Wars star Paul Watson.
The show has always been a bitch to write and making every episode a satirical masterpiece is impossible without suffering a full-on breakdown. But should the show lay off reality TV and take some bolder shots at reality, which as we all know are two completely different things?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'iZombie' casts 'Masters of Sex's' Rose McIver in lead role
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Marvel 'Assembling A Universe' promo: Watch
- 'Covert Affairs' Season 5 casts 'Body of Proof's' Nic Bishop
- 'Key & Peele' Season 4 gets more episodes, animated series in the works
- 'The Tomorrow People' moves to Mondays: Watch the Jedikiah-Astrid video
- More From Zap2it
- The Originals Sneak Peek: Elijah Dances with Hayley and Klaus Gets Flirty… With Genevieve?!
- TVLine Items: Law & Order: SVU Villain Returns, Keke Palmer Joins Masters of Sex and More
- Exclusive Vikings Sneak Peek: Lagertha's New Husband May Be an Earl, But He's No Prince
- Exclusive Teen Wolf Sneak Peek: 'Stiles is Dying'
- Mad Men Season 7 First Look Photos: Are Don and Peggy About to Take Off?
- More From TVLine