January 28, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Nov 4th 2009 7:29PM
Even though the show has been on forever, I still enjoy my weekly dose of the new South Parks. But lately, they seem to be running out of targets or have narrowed their focus too much on one particular evil: reality television.
The season opener featured a rather nasty swipe at Disney's Jonas Brothers. The recent "Dead Celebrities" chortle-fest took a much needed pot shot at Ghost Hunters, aka, "the gayest f#*$ing show on television." And last week launched an all out attack on Discovery's Whale Wars and Deadliest Catch, particularly against Whale Wars star Paul Watson.
The show has always been a bitch to write and making every episode a satirical masterpiece is impossible without suffering a full-on breakdown. But should the show lay off reality TV and take some bolder shots at reality, which as we all know are two completely different things?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Jane the Virgin Casts Rita Moreno as Rogelio's Glam Mother
- Salem Season 2 Gets Premiere Date — Plus: See an Intense First Look Photo
- Sneak Peek: Backstrom Reveals He's Been Bullied... and 'Squirreled'?
- TVLine Items: A Most Devious Return, J.K. Simmons' SNL Promos and More
- Grey's Anatomy: Shonda Rhimes on MerDer's 'Intense' Obstacles, Two Docs''Wonderful Journey' and More
- More From TVLine
- From Beyoncé to Taylor Swift, Sam Smith's Love for Pop's Greatest Divas
- Everything You Need to Know About 'Empire,' TV's Most Talked-About New Show!
- Budweiser's Super Bowl Commercial About a Lost Puppy Is Guaranteed to Make You Cry
- Florence Henderson on Sex at 80: 'I Actually Have a Friend With Benefits'
- Newlyweds Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden Show Some Serious PDA Courtside
- More From ET