Announced at TCA, 'Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood' will be a multi-platform animated series aimed at pre-schoolers. The series follows the children of the original 'Mister Rogers' characters. The new 4-year-old Daniel Tiger is the son of the original 'Mister Rogers' Daniel Tiger. This is the first TV series The Fred Rogers Company has produced since 'Mister Rogers.'
"We're very excited to be creating a program that builds on Fred's legacy in such fresh and innovative ways," Bill Isler, president of the Fred Rogers Company, said in a statement. "Fred knew that school readiness skills are the foundation for academic achievement, and a full life, and now a growing body of research confirms this." Rogers died in 2003.
Well, would you want West teaching your kids the difference between "near" and "far," things that are yellow and why George Bush hates black people?
Some upcoming episodes of the long running PBS kids' show will include appearances by Christina Applegate on Jan. 25, Hugh Jackman on Jan. 27, Debi Mazar and Sarah Jessica Parker on Feb. 16 and Paul Rudd and Eva Longoria-Parker on Feb. 18.
We all remember lovable ol' Fred Rogers, aka TV's Mister Rogers, as a warm, cuddly and caring neighbor who never wore a frown and always had a smile for someone smaller than him.
But what if all those cheerful hellos, colorful sweater jackets and speeches about being special on Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood were just a mask hiding something very dark and sinister? Specifically, a clown mask?
If you are the kind of heartless bastard who won't cry at the discovery of this news, you should. Get a fork, poke yourself in the eyes, and let nature take its course.
The Sesame Workshop, the non-profit organization that created the world's greatest kids show in the history of whatever, is laying off a huge chunk of its staff.
Horrifying news out of New Hampshire: former Zoom cast member Jared Nathan has died in a car crash.
Nathan was home from school (he was studying acting at Julliard in New York City) for the holidays and was a passenger in a car driven by 19 year-old Gabriel King. King has been charged with drunk driving.
Nathan was on Zoom when the show made a comeback in the late 90s. I remember seeing the show a few times when it came back. I was curious to see what they did with the show that I used to watch all the time when I was a kid in the 70s. They had a good cast, and I remember Nathan as being quite funny and personable on the show.
No word yet on funeral arrangements.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- 'The Flash': The 10 Most Villainous Moments of Season 1
- More From BuddyTV
- Fuller House: Olsen Twins Not Returning as Michelle, EP Confirms
- The Good Wife: Matthew Goode Exits Ahead of Season 7
- American Crime Story: Cuba Gooding, Jr. as O.J. Simpson & More Cast Photos
- TVLine Items: Danny Trejo's Dusk Role Revealed, McHale Hosts ESPYS & More
- Humans First Look: AMC Drama Offers Eerie Take on Androids Among Us
- More From TVLine
- It's Been 10 Years Since Tom Cruise Jumped on Oprah's Couch
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Aren't Returning for 'Full House' Revival
- Why Katie Holmes Doesn't Want a 'Dawson's Creek' Reunion
- EXCLUSIVE: Mama June Shannon Reacts to TLC Pulling '19 Kids and Counting': 'I Feel Cheated Still!'
- OMG! 11 Worst Celeb Word Tattoos
- More From ET