pete and pete
To honor the arrival of the greatest season of all, AOL TV rounded up a list of our absolute favorite summer TV episodes -- the ones that remind you of the beach, of fireworks or of hanging out with friends.
Though we encourage you to spend your holiday weekend outside, preferably grilling and/or swimming, marathoning these summer-themed TV episodes indoors with the AC on full blast is an acceptable alternative. After the jump, AOL TV's list of our favorite quintessentially summer TV episodes.
In response, TeenNick has announced that it will start airing those beloved series from midnight to 2AM this fall in a new programing block called 'The '90s Are All That,' Entertainment Weekly reports. Hey, cool!
Among the high-quality shows included are 'Clarissa Explains It All,' 'The Adventures of Pete & Pete,' 'All That,' 'Kenan & Kel' and 'The Amanda Show.'
"At the time, we were completely devoted to that audience ages 9, 10 and 11," TeenNick general manager and senior vice president Keith Dawkins told Entertainment Weekly. "It was ground-breaking and for the young viewers, a powerful and pivotal time in their lives. Those kids who are now 22, 23 and 24 want to bring that back."
This week, we will be touching upon a little show called All That, which some of you may remember as Nickelodeon's attempt at a kid version of SNL. Also, the theme song is by TLC, so you know it's 90s-crazy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Creator Eric Kripke Answers: Will the Story Live On?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Scoop: Krista Allen Cast as Former B-Movie Star
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- More From TVLine