The O.C. is the latest in a long line of Fox shows that debuted online this season, including Prison Break, Justice, Vanished, 'Til Death, Bones, Happy Hour and The Loop. Of all those, The O.C. probably has the most to gain from early internet exposure. So far, Fox has only ordered half a season and, in its new 9 o'clock time slot, The O.C. is going up against heavy-hitters Grey's Anatomy and CSI. Even Howie Mandel looks like a threat at this point.
You know, I think the show got really dull this year. How many times can we see Ryan and Marissa break up? And how many times can we see Seth and Summer fight? I think three seasons is all The O.C. had in it.
I think I have a pretty good idea of who it's going to be, but my official vote is for the untimely demise of Marissa.
This week it's all about Senior Prom and, quite frankly, I have given up trying to suspend my disbelief that any of these characters remotely looks like they're in high school. The characters seemed really subdued to me this week. I guess that's because they're all bummed out about their respective situations. Ryan isn't with Marissa but he does know that Kevin is cheating on her. Seth can't find a way to explain to Summer that there's nothing between him and Anna. And, Kirsten and Sandy are moping about because he's turning into her father and she's turning back to the bottle.
America's favorite troubled teenager might be walking away from her job. Rumors are flying that Mischa Barton has had enough of her role as Marissa Cooper on The O.C.
Supposedly, Barton is worried about being type-cast as well as the show's mediocre ratings. I suppose I can't blame her for being ticked off about the ratings. Stacking this show (any show for that matter) against CSI is going to hurt eventually. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this season ends. It'll be weird if Marissa is involved with any sort of cliffhanger only to be absent when the next season rolls around. If she does leave, the show just won't be the same. Anyone think it would work without her?
Adam is also producing a remake of Revenge of the Nerds for FOX Searchlight. Who do you think they will get to play Booger?
Sliding into The O.C.'s old time slot are back-to-back episodes of That 70s Show. At least, until Idol takes over.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Everybody Wants a Piece of Alicia Following the Election
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Far Does Emily Go to Clear Daniel's Name?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale Recap: Does Alexandria Need Rick Grimes?
- 'Battle Creek' Recap: Liar, Liar, House on Fire
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: The Author is Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- 5 Insane Moments From 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale
- 'The Walking Dead' Spin-Off Releases First Ominous Teaser
- Taylor Swift and Justin Timberlake Adorably Freak Out Together at the iHeartRadio Awards
- Beyonce Reunites With Destiny's Child at Stellar Awards
- 8 Burning Questions We Have after Watching HBO's Scientology Doc, ‘Going Clear'
- More From ET