I have to agree with Rich Heldenfels when he says this press release for the show is rather odd. It's way too long, the type of bio you get when someone is trying to look more important, more well-rounded than they are. Not that Knight hasn't been around a while, but a list of the TV shows he's done would be enough, instead of saying weird things like "once and forever a Brady!" and "Christopher's successful endeavors beyond showbiz exist in peaceful subordination to his portrayal of Peter and his arguably estimable contribution to American pop culture." Wha? And when talking about the show TV Road Trip, why is the word "host" in quotes?
Anyway, maybe they'll have celebrity contestants on at some point. Maybe Peter's mom can be on the show. It bows on September 22.
[via TV Tattle]
Of course, by "Mrs. Brady" I mean the woman with Wessonality, Florence Henderson, and by "son" I mean her TV son Christopher Knight, who played pork chops and applesauce-lovin middle kid Peter on The Brady Bunch.
Henderson was speaking at a press conference at the Television Critics Association tour for a new Hallmark Channel movie when she mentioned that she thinks that VH-1 pressured Knight into getting married to America's Next Top Model's Adrianne Curry so they could create buzz and more reality show goodness.
I'm sorry, but the line that keeps going through my head is "Oh my nose! Oh my nose!"
Former Brady Bunch star Maureen McCormick (aka Marcia Brady) has admitted that not only was she bulimic after the show ended in 1974 and she went back to high school, but that the guy she was dating at the time introduced her to cocaine. She says that she became an addict because of her addictive personality, and actually went through several relapses before getting clean through "therapy and faith." I sense a book coming from this.
Good for her for getting through it, but she should have listened to mom, because mom always said, don't do coke in the house.
[via TV Tattle]
After all these reality shows, when do you think reality will actually set in for these two lovebirds?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Vampire Diaries' Quotes from 'Fifty Shades of Grayson'
- 'American Horror Story: Coven': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Head'
- Best 'Arrow' Quotes from 'Three Ghosts'
- 'Nashville': 2 Jaw-Dropping and 12 Surprising Moments from 'Tomorrow Never Comes'
- 'Scandal' Fall Finale Recap: The Devil Came In
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Once Upon a Time's' Robbie Kay teases 'more body-switching' in the fall finale
- 'Psych's' Top 10 theme episodes: Vote for your favorites
- 'Grimm' Season 3 fall finale spoilers: Bad Christmas and angry gators
- 'Friday the 13th: The Series' marathon: 5 favorite episodes
- 'The X Factor': Restless Road think Alex and Sierra will win
- More From Zap2it
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Once, Vampire Diaries, Blacklist, Community, POI, H50 and More
- House of Cards Season 2 Trailer: 'No Mercy'
- Psych Exclusive: Shawn and Gus Take London By Bloody Storm in First Season 8 Promo
- Exclusive Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Peter Pan Teaches His 'Laddie' One Last Lesson
- What to Watch Friday: Haven and 4 Other Finales, Nikita's Big Decision, Five-0 Meets WWII and More
- More From TVLine