Finally, a DVD release that I'm definitely, definitely going to buy: the new MST3K set! I'm also looking at the new Peanuts set because I don't have a complete collection of their holiday specials, but there have been a few of these collections released, so I'll have to figure out which one is the best one.
- Callan - Set 1
- Doctor Who - The Rescue/The Romans and Attack of the Cybermen
- Kath and Kim - Season 1
Oh, I've been waiting for The Biggest Loser: Work Out - Boot Camp DVD for weeks! Now I know what to get my family for Christmas! Can I use anymore exclamations in a sarcastic way?! Yes I can!
I have the Mr. Bean Ultimate Collection already and it looks quite good. Review coming up later this week.
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Vol. 6
- The Biggest Loser: Workout - Boot Camp
- Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog (Amazon.com only)
- Generation Kill - Complete Miniseries
- Ice Road Truckers - Season 2
- Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh!
- Mr. Bean - The Ultimate Collection
- The Mummy (animated) - Vols. 1, 2, and 3
- Petticoat Junction - Season 1
- Poor Little Rich Girl - Complete Miniseries
- Power Rangers Jungle Fury - Vols. 1 and 2
- Transformers: Energon - The Ultimate Collection
I think most readers are going to be stunned that this guy was still alive in 2007.
Lane was one of the most famous character actors in TV history, appearing on such programs as Petticoat Junction (where he was a regular), I Love Lucy, Dark Shadows, L.A. Law, St. Elsewhere, Little House on the Prairie, The Odd Couple, and...oh, way too many to list here. He was also in the films It's A Wonderful Life, The Road To Singapore, 42nd Street, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, and many others. His career spanned over 60 years, his last role as the narrator in the short film The Night Before Christmas in 2006.
Lane passed away quietly on Tuesday in Santa Monica, CA.
You can watch several episodes of the TV Land talk show Sit Down Comedy with David Steinberg right at the TV Land web site (full episodes from the second season and highlights of the first). Steinberg has interviewed everyone from Jerry Seinfeld to Bob Newhart, but the show that I'd like to talk about is the one where he interviews Daily Show host Jon Stewart. It's actually one of the best interviews with Stewart I've ever seen.
This 12 disk set contains The Andy Griffith Show (16 eps), Hal Roach's Rascals (9 eps), Dick Van Dyke (6 eps), Petticoat Junction (4 eps), The Lucy Show (19 eps), The Beverly Hillbillies (20 eps), Ozzie and Harriet (18 eps), Burns and Allen (10 eps), and the Rescue From Gilligan's Island movie. All for the low low price of $9.98, new in box. It's a fun collection. While I wouldn't be in the market for season sets of any of these shows, with the possible exception of Dick Van Dyke, it's nice to have them around when the networks go all repeat on us. And finding a twenty-something Dennis Hopper guest starring as a beatnik poet on an obscure Petticoat Junction episode makes it funny in a whole new way.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to track down this exact set anywhere online. Amazon does have a similar set from the same company with a slightly different mix of episodes, and minus the Gilligan movie, new for $23.99, and used for $10.97. Still not a bad deal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Playing House Sneak Peek: Watch Maggie Deliver the Ultimate Rejection
- Criminal Minds Season 11 Promo Teases 'Twisted' Premiere, New BAU Member
- TV's Worst Show Titles: The Bizarre (Extant), Misleading (Terriers), Alienating (Buffy) and 13 Others
- SYTYCD Recap: Four Score
- NBC Cancels Coach Revival Series
- More From TVLine
- White House Reacts to Kanye West's 2020 Presidential Bid
- Colin Farrell Opens Up About Being Single for the Past 5 Years, and the Crazy Way He Quit Smoking
- Zayn Malik, J.Lo, Selena Gomez and More Snap Sexy Selfies for 'Interview' Magazine
- NFL Star J.J. Watt Is 'Heartbroken' Over Jennifer Aniston's Marriage
- Benji Madden Wishes Wife Cameron Diaz a Happy Birthday: ‘I'm the Luckiest Guy Alive'
- More From ET