Well, did you watch it? Last night CBS boldly went where no network has gone before... and it kind of sucked. That's too bad. As someone who counts himself as a fan of MMA, I had high hopes for the big debut. But then, I knew going in that it was an iffy proposition. They try hard, but the Elite XC is still far from the cream of the MMA crop. For the prime time debut, it really would have been nice if this could have been a big UFC event. Heck, even the WEC with that Uriah Faber vs Jens Pulver (VS tonight at 6PM PST) match would have been preferable.
Despite the lack of big name talent, the show still had a shot. Great fights can make up for a lot of shortcomings, and this one had a lot of them to be made up for. To start, the production left a lot to be desired. For example, if you are promising the fans big time fighting, get to it already. It took a full 25 minutes before the first match started. Worse than that, given the way the first two matches played out, fans were left with just over two minutes of actual fighting in the first hour of the show. I was left thinking that the most exciting thing about the first hour was the commercial for Street Fighter IV. Not a good sign.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'SYTYCD' Predictions: Which Top 16 Dancers Are Safe?
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Welcome to Judgment Week
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Season 6 Finale Recap: Aviva Loses Her Head and Her Leg
- 'Chasing Life' Recap: Bylines and Goodbyes
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Orphan Black Comic Books to Expand Sci-Fi Series' World
- Girls Scoop: Judd Apatow's Daughter Guest-Starring in Season 4
- Supernatural's Jensen Ackles Previews Demon Dean — Plus: A Musical Hour?
- Hot in Cleveland Sneak Peek: A Surprise Wedding for Chris Colfer?
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: One Flew Into the Cuckoo's Nest
- More From TVLine
- Lana Del Rey: 'I've Slept With a Lot of Guys in the Industry'
- Mark Ruffalo Retrieves Lost Wallet On Twitter
- Britney Spears Is Launching a Lingerie Line!
- Star-Studded 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival to Feature Taylor Swift, One Direction
- Zoe Saldana and Marco Perego Expecting First Child
- More From ET