He's hard at work on a new live show, the big loophole in his contract that precludes him going on television for some time, starting with Phoenix, Arizona.
TMZ confirmed that Conan is holding a stage show at the Dodge Theatre on April 30 and tickets go on sale today. Ticketmaster started selling seats for the soon to be sold out show but took the listing down when TMZ broke the story. A theater representative confirmed the show will still go on as planned.
There isn't any word yet on what the show is exactly, but expect a lot of angry puppets, a heavy dose of death humor and 1,001 cracks at Jay Leno that would have gotten him thrown in FCC's "Naughty Word Jail" until the end of the next century. In other words, the depth of your standard NBC contract.
The network (along with Starburst) is making a big push with the show on MTV, VH1, and CMT. We'll see concerts with everyone from Adam Lambert and The Script to Reba McIntire and Phoenix. While the network is promoting this as a big "return" for the show, I'm not sure if completely went away. It's not like we haven't seen the show in ten years. Just last year they had 'Unplugged' concerts by people like Adele and Vampire Weekend.
The show will also be seen online at the web sites for the various networks. Earlier this year they dropped the "music" from their logo.
"The response of the fans to our little show has been so immediate and so gratifying, we wanted to get out and thank them live and in person," said Murphy. "We can't wait to take this show on the road and the actors couldn't be more excited to perform live for audiences in these four cities." The mini-tour kicks off May 18 in Phoenix, and continues through Los Angeles, Chicago and New York City.
Any TV Squad readers going to sing for Paula, Randy and Simon? If I were to audition (and I won't), I think I'd sing something by Stevie Wonder (cause no one ever sings anything by him), or Mariah Carey (cause her songs are super easy), or maybe I'd just do my own composition and dedicate it to Simon (he likes that stuff).
More audition information is after the jump.
Station managers say someone in master control did it intentionally because, well, there's just not a lot of hardcore porn laying around at the Christian affiliates these days. It sounds like the station isn't sure who did the dirty deed because managers are promising a "rigorous investigation" and termination of whomever is responsible. I'm guessing the person who did it is a tad bit disgruntled with his/her boss and welcomes the firing. Viewers in Phoenix said the porn stayed on the television between five and ten minutes and there was no sound.
Did anybody see this?
The first problem was with the Devalos story. The preview hinted at Allison somehow helping him deal with his daughter. As it turns out, Allison really wasn't involved. Giving them the name of a city in New York was not exactly the revelation I had in mind. It was still nice to get some development of the Devalos character, but it seemed like there might have been a better story there to tell where Allison actually does factor in.
Reader Amy asked us if it was true that an early screening of Reno: 911 Miami was showing in Seattle. I immediately checked every site I could think of to find information, and came up empty. Thankfully, our sister site Cinematical did find some information, and yes, RENO: 911 MIAMI IS SCREENING FOR FREE TODAY in Seattle, Boston and Phoenix. Click here to see where exactly. According to Cinema Blend, all showings are at 7:00pm, and one deputy from the series will be at each event. I recommend you call the theater to make sure that time is correct, though.
Apologies for getting this news to y'all at the very last minute, but my typically awesome online detective work left me empty-handed this time. I have failed you, and to punish myself, I'm going to watch nothing but the Oxygen Network for the rest of the day.
Oh yeah, one last important thing: to get into these free showings you'll need to show up with a print out of your MySpace page. It's easy to sign up for one, so if you live in any of those cities, get crackin'. Then come back here and tell me how awesome it was.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 6?
- Which 'Bachelor' Alum is Joining Season 20?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Desperate Measures and a Surprise Wedding
- Kim Kardashian To Appear in 'Absolutely Fabulous' Movie
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Joe's Demise and the Epic Couple Swap
- More From BuddyTV
- President Obama Will Be Running Wild With Bear Grylls
- Graceland First Look: Is the New Lady in Jakes' Life an Angel... or a Devil?
- MTV VMAs Best & Worst Moments: Rebel Wilson's F-Bomb, Nicki Minaj's Shade, Taylor's Clean Sweep and More
- Miley Cyrus Flashes Bare Breast on Camera at MTV Video Music Awards
- Falling Skies Boss Weighs In on Series Finale's Big Twists (Including a Very Final One That Didn't Make the Cut)
- More From TVLine
- Justin Timberlake Responds to Kanye West's Big MTV VMAs Diss
- Justin Bieber Hooks Up With Model Xenia Deli in Sexy 'What Do You Mean?' Music Video
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in Rapper's PDA-Filled 'Stimulated' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Appears Thinner In First New Selfie Shared in Years
- Rachel Bilson, Melinda Clarke & Kelly Rowan Have Epic 'O.C.' Reunion at Unofficial Musical Debut!
- More From ET