He's hard at work on a new live show, the big loophole in his contract that precludes him going on television for some time, starting with Phoenix, Arizona.
TMZ confirmed that Conan is holding a stage show at the Dodge Theatre on April 30 and tickets go on sale today. Ticketmaster started selling seats for the soon to be sold out show but took the listing down when TMZ broke the story. A theater representative confirmed the show will still go on as planned.
There isn't any word yet on what the show is exactly, but expect a lot of angry puppets, a heavy dose of death humor and 1,001 cracks at Jay Leno that would have gotten him thrown in FCC's "Naughty Word Jail" until the end of the next century. In other words, the depth of your standard NBC contract.
The network (along with Starburst) is making a big push with the show on MTV, VH1, and CMT. We'll see concerts with everyone from Adam Lambert and The Script to Reba McIntire and Phoenix. While the network is promoting this as a big "return" for the show, I'm not sure if completely went away. It's not like we haven't seen the show in ten years. Just last year they had 'Unplugged' concerts by people like Adele and Vampire Weekend.
The show will also be seen online at the web sites for the various networks. Earlier this year they dropped the "music" from their logo.
"The response of the fans to our little show has been so immediate and so gratifying, we wanted to get out and thank them live and in person," said Murphy. "We can't wait to take this show on the road and the actors couldn't be more excited to perform live for audiences in these four cities." The mini-tour kicks off May 18 in Phoenix, and continues through Los Angeles, Chicago and New York City.
Any TV Squad readers going to sing for Paula, Randy and Simon? If I were to audition (and I won't), I think I'd sing something by Stevie Wonder (cause no one ever sings anything by him), or Mariah Carey (cause her songs are super easy), or maybe I'd just do my own composition and dedicate it to Simon (he likes that stuff).
More audition information is after the jump.
Station managers say someone in master control did it intentionally because, well, there's just not a lot of hardcore porn laying around at the Christian affiliates these days. It sounds like the station isn't sure who did the dirty deed because managers are promising a "rigorous investigation" and termination of whomever is responsible. I'm guessing the person who did it is a tad bit disgruntled with his/her boss and welcomes the firing. Viewers in Phoenix said the porn stayed on the television between five and ten minutes and there was no sound.
Did anybody see this?
The first problem was with the Devalos story. The preview hinted at Allison somehow helping him deal with his daughter. As it turns out, Allison really wasn't involved. Giving them the name of a city in New York was not exactly the revelation I had in mind. It was still nice to get some development of the Devalos character, but it seemed like there might have been a better story there to tell where Allison actually does factor in.
Reader Amy asked us if it was true that an early screening of Reno: 911 Miami was showing in Seattle. I immediately checked every site I could think of to find information, and came up empty. Thankfully, our sister site Cinematical did find some information, and yes, RENO: 911 MIAMI IS SCREENING FOR FREE TODAY in Seattle, Boston and Phoenix. Click here to see where exactly. According to Cinema Blend, all showings are at 7:00pm, and one deputy from the series will be at each event. I recommend you call the theater to make sure that time is correct, though.
Apologies for getting this news to y'all at the very last minute, but my typically awesome online detective work left me empty-handed this time. I have failed you, and to punish myself, I'm going to watch nothing but the Oxygen Network for the rest of the day.
Oh yeah, one last important thing: to get into these free showings you'll need to show up with a print out of your MySpace page. It's easy to sign up for one, so if you live in any of those cities, get crackin'. Then come back here and tell me how awesome it was.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway' Finale Prediction: Who Will Win Season 13?
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Andi and Josh Invite Exes to Wedding, Desiree and Chris Set the Date
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Bruce's Rumored Girlfriend, Kris' Thoughts on Bruce and More
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: The Two-Faced Prince is Summoned
- 'Nashville' Recap: How Much Longer Can Will Keep His Secret?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: The 100 Returns Steady, Arrow and Nashville Tick Up, NBC Dramas Dip
- Five-0 Sneak Peek: Who's the Mystery Woman at John McGarrett's Grave?
- Reign Sneak Peek: Mary Finally Loses It, Lashes Out at Lola Over Francis
- Netflix's New Kyle Chandler Thriller Gets a Premiere Date, Title and a (Creepy) Teaser Trailer
- Nashville Recap: Two Dads, No Waiting
- More From TVLine
- Zach Galifianakis Asks Brad Pitt About Jennifer Aniston's 'Friends' on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Kim Kardashian: North West Will Have to Work For What She Wants
- Zelda Williams Gets New Tattoo In Memory of Father Robin Williams
- Beyonce and Jay Z Reportedly Renew Their Marriage Vows
- 13 Mind-Blowing Moments From the First 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer
- More From ET