Do you know how many e-mails we get here at TV Squad from people who think we're actually in control of what happens on television? Way too many.
We can answer (or try to answer) any question you might have about television, but if you write to us begging we bring Everwood back, there's not much we can do for you. We just write about television, we don't make the shows. If I had my way, Wonder Showzen would still be on the air, but I don't, and it isn't.
How many of you would buy a Simpsons telephone? It kinda pales in comparison to the big phone, doesn't it? I bet it's a lot more affordable, though.
[Via TV Tattle]
We'll never know if uber-bitch Nancy Grace pushed this mother over the edge. And that's not even the issue. The problem here is Nancy Grace believes she can investigate cases better than the actual investigators. Maybe the mother is responsible for her son's disappearance. Is it Nancy Grace's job to get a confession?
Bart: Hey guys, just so you don't hear any wild rumors, I'm being indicted for fraud in Australia.
Homer: That's no reason to block the TV.
We get a rather dubious science lesson at the beginning of this episode when Lisa explains to Bart that the water in the sink and toilet always spins in the same direction due to the Coriolis effect. Usually the writers try to be scientifically accurate, but in this case they had to jump on the "water always flows one way in one hemisphere and the opposite direction in the other" bandwagon, or else Bart never would never have called Australia to see which way their toilet drains, and we wouldn't have ourselves one of those "Simpsons go abroad" episodes.
I admit to watching this show occasionally but I honestly didn't notice that it was off the air. Is this good news to anybody?
Did any of our readers happen to catch this exchange (link to an MP3 file) between Adam Carolla and Ann Coulter on Carolla's radio show the other day? If we thought Ann Coulter was vicious, she may have met her match with Adam Carolla, who started their conversation by gently razing her for calling in an hour and a half late, and then hanging up on her after she tells him she's tight on time. He then tells his crew and the listening audience he "doesn't have time for bitches." Therein lies the difference between Adam Carolla and myself, because I always have time for bitches. According to The Great Society, Carolla offered an apology to Coulter the next day that really wasn't much of an apology. I don't have an audio link for that one, though.
[UPDATE: The recording above has changed!]
This season? So far, there's no one who's inspired me to pick up the phone and dial.
Do you call (or text) your vote for American Idol? Why? Who are you voting for this season?
Special thanks to Doug Stewart for tipping us off.
If you don't like the idea of turning your gaze away from the TV when the phone rings, Time Warner might have something that's right up your alley. A new device will actually display Caller ID on your TV screen for a couple of rings. It's not available everywhere yet, but it is already being tested in a few markets. All I can say is thank you, Time Warner. I was really starting to wear myself out craning my neck and reaching with my hand to look at my phone.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 4.2 Photos: The Team Protects a Mayoral Candidate
- 'The Flash' Episode 2.2 Photos: Meet Jay Garrick
- 'Supernatural' Episode 11.2 Photos: Cas Gets Tortured
- 'ANTM' Recap: One Model Returns, One Model Goes Away
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 12.3 Photos: Would Alex Make a Good Dad?
- More From BuddyTV
- Miley Cyrus Hosts SNL (and Hillary Clinton Assists): Best/Worst Sketches?
- Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story: Shannen Doherty's Ousting and 12 Other Semi-Accurate Revelations
- Top TV Vampires From Buffy, TVD, Moonlight, True Blood and More
- Ratings: Dr. Ken Has Healthy Debut
- Performer of the Week: S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Iain De Caestecker
- More From TVLine
- Miley Cyrus Kicks off the 'SNL' Season 41 Premiere: 7 Biggest Moments!
- Tori Spelling Reveals She Had Sex With Jason Priestley, Got Shannen Doherty Fired From '90210'
- Matt McGorry, Zelda Williams & More Stars Join Amber Rose's Slut Walk
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Pro Witney Carson Is Engaged!
- 'Once Upon A Time' Star Emilie De Ravin is Pregnant!
- More From ET